Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The FFP is a pile of shit, man city smashed it, did they get relegated to division 2 and have their medals taken away, no they got a 40 million or so fine, pocket change for Arab princes. Unless they get rangers style sanctions the FFP will not stop the circus.

and how many players have Athletico got left and how many players have the other 2 just bought?
a shooting star doesn't come out every night

but yep, it could happen

and I could get to shag Halle Berry, in theory

but yep, it could happen

It did happen.

We might not be able to sustain title challenges for the next 10 years, but we could win one in that time...why not?

I just showed you that wages doesnt count for everything, all the time.

You said it will never happen, but thats just not the case.

It wasnt City's brilliance or money that won it last year, it was Liverpool shitting their pants with two games left.

It did happen.

We might not be able to sustain title challenges for the next 10 years, but we could win one in that time...why not?

It wasnt City's brilliance or money that won it last year, it was Liverpool shitting their pants with two games left.
you could equally say that it was only won by them because we shit our pants (with dinosaur diahorreah)
or man Utd
or Arse
or Chelsea
They won it, because they had a better team over the season than all the other teams
which is pretty much the definition of what makes a championship winning team.
That and several bazillion pound budget and no expense spared mentality
Liverpool were the Atletico of UK, but now their goal machine has gone, they will struggle

It did happen.

The same could be said for Athletico though, had Barcelona not shit themselves in that final game against Athletico, they'd have won it on goal difference. It's still a great achievement considering their resources, compared to the big two.

I agree with your view somewhat and it's good to have optimism, but there are very fine lines when competing with these teams and their resources over the course of a 38 game season. If Chelsea had a prolific goal scorer last season they'd have won it, and it's seemingly what they have now...

I agree with your view somewhat and it's good to have optimism, but there are very fine lines when competing with these teams and their resources over the course of a 38 game season. If Chelsea had a prolific goal scorer last season they'd have won it, and it's seemingly what they have now...
where did he come from, now?

mind you we bought a prolific spanish striker on top of his game as well......

you could equally say that it was only won by them because we shit our pants (with dinosaur diahorreah)
or man Utd
or Arse
or Chelsea
They won it, because they had a better team over the season than all the other teams
which is pretty much the definition of what makes a championship winning team.
That and several bazillion pound budget and no expense spared mentality
Liverpool were the Atletico of UK, but now their goal machine has gone, they will struggle

City were not great last season lets be fair. The PL looked pretty shambolic, which is why Liverpool looked even better...

IMO, the money helps keep you there for years and years, but every now and then, someone else will slip in.

It wasnt too long ago that just being a top 4 team seemed, to us, like winning the title does now..

City were not great last season lets be fair. The PL looked pretty shambolic, which is why Liverpool looked even better...

IMO, the money helps keep you there for years and years, but every now and then, someone else will slip in.

It wasnt too long ago that just being a top 4 team seemed, to us, like winning the title does now..

Agreed but the big issue is the way money fucks up development. Take Southampton a team full of brilliant kids, had the saints the financial power to keep their kids in 3-4 years who knows where they could be but they got butt raped (their board didn't help but still), this season we may get to see their potentially best kid come through but ward-prowse will probably get bought next season after he looks good in this one.

Our squad has a average age of around 23, if we can keep the same
Manager and players like eriksen here for 5 years or more we may have a chance to build a consistent team like the scum and then if we get lucky who whose. So for any chance of a title we need a great manager, to keep our best players and to improve our weaknesses.

Right at this moment we need better strikers, a modric type player to link play better, a left winger like depay, another centre back and to sell our lesser player IMO. With a stronger well balance team and stability and patience we might just might have a chance, right now i think it will be a miracle if we get top 4.

Last edited:
1 thing I really liked about Pochettino on Saturday was how he reacted to the sending off. He didn't make a song and dance, just got on with organizing things, talking to the players and giving them instructions. Calm, no panic, professional, and it worked. I think we might have found the right man.

I rekon this season a top three made out of city, chavs and the scum are the only positions which will be virtually impossible to get. Weirdly, I am quite optimistic that we can get fourth.. Hopefully Liverpool will struggle without Suarez and van gaal isn't a magician, I can't see a squad like Man U's getting top four.

I rekon this season a top three made out of city, chavs and the scum are the only positions which will be virtually impossible to get. Weirdly, I am quite optimistic that we can get fourth.. Hopefully Liverpool will struggle without Suarez and van gaal isn't a magician, I can't see a squad like Man U's getting top four.
United have the same problem - they have a pretty crap squad. Moyes bought that fucking donkey Fellaini. He bitches about who he really wanted to sign but the fact is... He inherited a mediocre squad with a big reputation.& bought a plum. LVG has now fucked up cos of his ego. Big club, huge expectations, almost same squad only with brick head as captain. He should have stayed where he was, come to spurs or fucked off after the WC what a block headed cunt

Anyone a little worried about the fact that we didn't seem to be using the "Poch tactics" at all against West Ham?

I'm more than a little worried. To see rose, naughton, Townsend and Lennon starting/getting time for me is bitterly dissapointing.

It didn't seem like change. More AVB déjàvu of a starved lone striker and diminutive players defending and attacking badly.

Early days of course but I can't shake thee feeling that he's been mugged by Lennon and co when we need ingeligence.

My fav spurs player. I'm not going to pretend he's an intelligent player, but he's a good defender if he's reigned in.

Avb was too convoluted with tactics and Sherwood had him playing in a free role at one point.

His insane pace, power, defensive ability and will to win and competative streak trumps his shortcomings.

Beast.

Anyone a little worried about the fact that we didn't seem to be using the "Poch tactics" at all against West Ham?

Worried no, as it was the opener and Schneiderlin said it took the Saints squad a good six months before they feel they fully understood his tactics and philosophy. Concerned to see some of the same lapses in mentality, yes. But I think with time and as things become more settled, those things should be ironed out.

Back
Top Bottom