Mauricio Pochettino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch's system seems to suit the players we have, in effect we have Eriksen, Holtby, Lamela, Chadli, Paulinho who are all sort of numbers 10's anyway so a system that has 3 switching number 10's fits in with our personnel.
I've been thinking the same about Paulinho, think he'd do well where as the central number 10, I think when he goes on instinct some he looks classy, the weight on the final ball and the little flicks he showed last year would be ideal from that position rather than failing to control the tempo in a deeper role. As you said though we definitely have the personel for it. It does leave me a bit sceptical about Townsend though, he is an out and out winger.

Plenty of good signs but I'm still firmly in the 'wait and see' camp following what I'd describe as a lucky win against West Ham, an iffy performance against Limassol and a decent win against (arguably...) the 3rd best side in last seasons Championship. I won't even make any judgements on the Liverpool game because they're going through a bit of a transition...

Sunderland is probably going to be the first 'fair' benchmark of progress IMO. A tricky away game against a team that on-form should be the kind of mid-table fodder that a genuinely improving Spurs side should be capable of outplaying (if not necessarily beating).

I've been thinking the same about Paulinho, think he'd do well where as the central number 10, I think when he goes on instinct some he looks classy, the weight on the final ball and the little flicks he showed last year would be ideal from that position rather than failing to control the tempo in a deeper role. As you said though we definitely have the personel for it. It does leave me a bit sceptical about Townsend though, he is an out and out winger.

With Townsend I assume he would be an impact sub to stretch games in the final 20 mins as it opens up.

I thought having a low key summer has really helped. Besides Poch's new tactics, having a settled side really helps. Like what happened to us last season, Liverpool will struggle.

Pochettino's To-Do List:

4: Salvage Holtby
5: Salvage Paulinho

6: Free up some space.
rofl.gif

I think even Pochettino has his limits.

The manager is more important than the players if you want to keep a particular philosophy going for a sustained period of time. As long as we hold onto Poch everything else can be replaced really. Still massively early days mind you.

Early days, but that is the best I've seen us play (even against complete shit) since Redknapp and Modric/Bale/VDV.

Certainly seem to be getting rid of the malaise that engulfed the club

Back
Top Bottom