Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Neil Ashton is doing a fantastic job as Utds media manager. Everyday there are new stories pumping out of Old Trafford and driving the news agenda.

Last edited:
Unless Sky, BT, etc tread pretty carefully with payment or non-payment of money for the season being cut short they will probably kill the golden goose anyway - the Premier League don't really need them any more, they can package up the games for a streaming service and completely cut them out.
I was historically against this kind of idea, BUT, if they did it in a PPV format rather than all or nothing subscription I could easily buy into it.
It would be very interesting how the money would be spent, IE, will the money go to the PL and the 2 teams in the match being watched?

I was historically against this kind of idea, BUT, if they did it in a PPV format rather than all or nothing subscription I could easily buy into it.
It would be very interesting how the money would be spent, IE, will the money go to the PL and the 2 teams in the match being watched?

Even an all or nothing subscription would be far, far cheaper than the current situation where you need Sky, BT and Amazon subscriptions to see every game - a direct PL service would need broadly 3x less people to run it and wouldn't factor in profit for all three broadcasters, they could massively undercut and still make more money for the clubs.

Even an all or nothing subscription would be far, far cheaper than the current situation where you need Sky, BT and Amazon subscriptions to see every game - a direct PL service would need broadly 3x less people to run it and wouldn't factor in profit for all three broadcasters, they could massively undercut and still make more money for the clubs.
It's not just about the money though.
It's about wiping out the bias towards the clubs with the bigger fan bases. What we have at the moment is BS. Its almost as bad as the Sky4 days when Andy Gray was wanking over United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea every single week.

It's not just about the money though.
It's about wiping out the bias towards the clubs with the bigger fan bases. What we have at the moment is BS. Its almost as bad as the Sky4 days when Andy Gray was wanking over United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelsea every single week.

That's just it and why teams like Spurs, Everton and City will be shat on at every opportunity. The pundits know who the majority of the viewers are and will pander to them regardless of facts. City won the treble last year and apart from the media tripping over themselves to suck off Sterling to not appear racist (hint: they are), it was wall to wall coverage of Klopp's teeth.

I would imagine there would be close to 10 viewers to every 1 who aren't gooners, dippers, manure and chavs. The bias will only get worse over time.

Whilst I love highlighting the bias due to the hilarity it isn't all bad for teams like us. The media have very little say in the modern age in regards to almost anything. Distrust is at an all time low and most people can see through the veiled agendas. For example when Neville was having a wank over Poch going to manure a while ago. Whilst that was certainly an agenda pushed (gambling related most likely) by the producer, it made him look like an idiot with how ham fisted it appeared. The audience gets sick of being told who they should admire and who they should hate. Teams like Watford won't even get spoken about but there are plenty of fans who enjoy an underdog.

That's just it and why teams like Spurs, Everton and City will be shat on at every opportunity. The pundits know who the majority of the viewers are and will pander to them regardless of facts. City won the treble last year and apart from the media tripping over themselves to suck off Sterling to not appear racist (hint: they are), it was wall to wall coverage of Klopp's teeth.

I would imagine there would be close to 10 viewers to every 1 who aren't gooners, dippers, manure and chavs. The bias will only get worse over time.

Whilst I love highlighting the bias due to the hilarity it isn't all bad for teams like us. The media have very little say in the modern age in regards to almost anything. Distrust is at an all time low and most people can see through the veiled agendas. For example when Neville was having a wank over Poch going to manure a while ago. Whilst that was certainly an agenda pushed (gambling related most likely) by the producer, it made him look like an idiot with how ham fisted it appeared. The audience gets sick of being told who they should admire and who they should hate. Teams like Watford won't even get spoken about but there are plenty of fans who enjoy an underdog.
Can't remember who we was playing but Neville and Martin Tyler must have mentioned Poch going to the mancs at least twenty times during the one game.
Also when we played the dippers at the lane the studio panel was Gerrard , carragher and souness. Even on the last game it was souness and that cheat Henry. Joke.

For the past few years we have been part of the big six and received a fair amount of coverage imo.
But a lot of the pundits do see us as a bit of a joke because we either talk ourselves up or get bigged up then fail to deliver as usual.
I think the club would gain more respect if it actually won something and I'm fine with that, because winner's get talked about more than losers.

For the past few years we have been part of the big six and received a fair amount of coverage imo.
But a lot of the pundits do see us as a bit of a joke because we either talk ourselves up or get bigged up then fail to deliver as usual.
I think the club would gain more respect if it actually won something and I'm fine with that, because winner's get talked about more than losers.

I don't think Spurs would get any respect in the media unless they won the league. It would be a conga line of "it's just the [insert trophy here]" if we won it.

And as for winners being talked about more than losers, tell that to City fans last season. Liverpool broke an EPL record with their bottle job and still got all the glory. Imagine that were us who went on to fail that miserably.

I don't think Spurs would get any respect in the media unless they won the league. It would be a conga line of "it's just the [insert trophy here]" if we won it.

And as for winners being talked about more than losers, tell that to City fans last season. Liverpool broke an EPL record with their bottle job and still got all the glory. Imagine that were us who went on to fail that miserably.
I don't know mate city won the treble so didn't do bad out of it , of course Liverpool won the CL against a poor uninspired team who didn't believe in themselves.

Here you go.... 4 Gooners also breaking Self isolation rules, and yet the BBC can't help themselves but mention Spurs TWICE!

Yes, our players fucked up... but SO have OTHER players... this story is about them, not us... and yet it's still about us!

I'm surprised the Liverpool-Athletico Madrid story hasn't included US for being in the same country as that game was played, surely making US culpable for spreading the virus too!

Tonight i have heard supposed journalist darren lewis saying that for Liverpool not to win the league this season by finishing the remaining games is wrong.
Because this has been one of the most action packed and exciting seasons in the history of football...
Is he for fucking real, i bet nobody can guess what team he supports then eh.....
I think this season has been shit, apart from Liverpool every other team has been terrible and so has the league and the overall quality.
I actually have not missed the boring dross that was being served up each week, i was hoping they would not bother with the rest of this season tbh..
And no thats not just us, that's all of the league. I actually think we are all making liverpool seem better than they probably are...

Liverpool haven't even been playing well for a long time. Granted they've been better than anyone else but they've run their luck repeatedly over recent matches (including vs Tottenham), shown up by their cup exits.

Their last eight matches before lockdown were four 1-goal wins and four losses:

1-0 win (Shrewsbury)
1-0 win (Norwich)
0-1 loss (Atletico)
3-2 win (West Ham)
0-3 loss (Watford)
0-2 loss (Chelsea)

2-1 win (Bournemouth)
2-3 loss (Atletico)

Tonight i have heard supposed journalist darren lewis saying that for Liverpool not to win the league this season by finishing the remaining games is wrong.
Because this has been one of the most action packed and exciting seasons in the history of football...
Is he for fucking real, i bet nobody can guess what team he supports then eh.....
I think this season has been shit, apart from Liverpool every other team has been terrible and so has the league and the overall quality.
I actually have not missed the boring dross that was being served up each week, i was hoping they would not bother with the rest of this season tbh..
And no thats not just us, that's all of the league. I actually think we are all making liverpool seem better than they probably are...
The league has been piss poor this season. Yes Liverpool deserve credit for beating what's in front of them. But they've not faced the challenge of competing with a strong chasing pack, the sludge teams in the middle of the league have been particularly sludgey as well. Who's had a decent season? Sheffield? Leicester?

Nah, it's been shit this season.

Manchester United activate £140m loan facility... and it could be used to splash out on big-money transfers DESPITE chief Ed Woodward insisting the worst is yet to come amid coronavirus shutdown

Tottenham forced to borrow £175m from the Bank of England with the coronavirus pandemic costing them over £200m as they face paying for new stadium while playing behind closed doors (but won't use the loan to sign new players)

Back
Top Bottom