Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Blanchflower

Supporter
Said many a time, I don't think there is an anti-spurs conspiracy, but it is in the interests of those that profit most from the footballing mainstream to maintain a status quo. Quirky narratives like Leicester of Sheff Utd this year are a welcome added spice, but they're not welcome at the big table on a longer-term basis either.

- Look at how Uefa continually try and manipulate the coefficients for their competitions.
- Sky don't even try to hide their preferences.
- What are the deeper implications of FFP and how it is enforced?
- Many a ref has crumbled when called to make big decisions against big teams.... (This being a sign of weakness rather than anything more untoward.)

Maybe the terms bias or conspiracy are inappropriate, but there is a tide that teams outside of the status quo swim against.
The media and football authorities all make more money when the 'big clubs' are strong - unfortunately that's what it boils down to

The only thing they haven’t all realised is that the PL is the wealthiest league, because its the most competitive, so long term pushing just Utd and Liverpool so much makes no sense.....you end up like all the other leagues

Comment
Didn’t really know where to put this: article on BBC about race bias in commentary where lighter skinned players are more frequently praised as intelligent and darker skinned players to be praised for physicality.

However, nowhere NOWHERE does it say about commentators not knowing who is who between Sissoko / Aurier / Sanchez!

Gets my goat.

Thank you.

Comment
WHAT NEXT FOR DELE ALLI?
Sky Sports’ Graeme Souness:
"I don’t think Mourinho is entirely happy with him. I think that’s a big decision he has going forward. And if you are Dele Alli, you are not going to be hanging around if you are not first choice.
Seriously?? He's not starting for one game.... Jesus, get a grip Graeme.... he's sub for once, it doesn't mean he's leaving...

Christ on a bike!

Comment
Seriously?? He's not starting for one game.... Jesus, get a grip Graeme.... he's sub for once, it doesn't mean he's leaving...

Christ on a bike!
I can see his point though. When Dele has been subbed off in the past he hasn't taken it well, throwing his boots down, water bottles etc.

I don't know if it was because he was subbed or he was disappointed in his own performance, but it's not a good sign.

Comment
I can see his point though. When Dele has been subbed off in the past he hasn't taken it well, throwing his boots down, water bottles etc.

I don't know if it was because he was subbed or he was disappointed in his own performance, but it's not a good sign.
Yet when players from other clubs throw a strop when getting subbed, it shows PASSION and commiment at being disappointed with their own performance... when Dele (or Ndombele, or whoever) do that, it apparently shows dissent, and they clearly want out!!

Comment
Top Bottom