Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Run order of the items on the sports bit on the news on 5 live today:

1)Crowds at Annfield (obligatory ynwa clip)
2)Klopp interview about said crowd (aint they great, soine tingling blah blah). Best fans in the world according to sports news person
3)Liverpool thrash wolves to go joint top
4) spurs won with "some" fans in the ground

This new 'subtle' little twist is getting on my tits.... What happened to "2nd on goal difference"?

It's not just 1 media platform; it's all the mainstream media that I've seen/read.

I don't remember talk of some "joint top" bollocks when the media were all creaming themselves over "aguerroooooooo". :dembelefingers:

Last edited:
You know what I've also noticed.

The colour commentator for the all Liverpool games is generally a Liverpool affiliate. Same for Woolwich. Same for United.

For us? Alan Smith. Every time.

You know what I've also noticed.

The colour commentator for the all Liverpool games is generally a Liverpool affiliate. Same for Woolwich. Same for United.

For us? Alan Smith. Every time.

Neville
Carragher
McManamanananananananana

Their "experts" are bellends.
Most football experts are.
I'd rather they employed intelligent people than never played the game to talk about it than a bunch of people that spent the first 30 years of their lives losing brain cells during headers and missed school classes.

Whoever the lead commentator on BT Sport tonight was a complete gland.

Absolute shit stirrer.
starting withe unhappy squad narrative. Not gonna work. This is spurs, not Yinited. Levy, Kane, Lloris, PEH gonna back Jose and everyone else will have to suck it up.

Did anyone hear the commentator on Thursday say " premiership league leaders ,as its stands"
Err,we are top of the league.It wasnt going to change due to a Europa league game.Thats the type of comment you'd make if a team had gone top after the early KO on a Saturday.
Didn't necassarily buy into this media bias theory,but am starting think a bit different now.

Last edited:
The tweet...

The actual story it links to...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, isn't it? Goes with the territory. He's fouled at least as much as he's guilty.

...and as far as I'm aware, he IS punished - often unfairly.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other, isn't it? Goes with the territory. He's fouled at least as much as he's guilty.

...and as far as I'm aware, he IS punished - often unfairly.
Mind you, Gary Cahill isn't on great footing to say anything else as his reckless heading finished Mason's career...

One of the downsides of being involved in a race with Liverpool is exactly this. I've noticed it happen with Man City in the last couple of seasons as well. Their fans were clearly agitated by the bias the media was showing towards Liverpool. It kind of rubbed off on couple of their players like Bernardo Silva too.

Most of the negativity towards Spurs in recent weeks are started by Liverpool fans and journalists on Twitter which are then picked up by the mainstream media like Sky Sports.

Mind you, Gary Cahill isn't on great footing to say anything else as his reckless heading finished Mason's career...
that's a hugely unfair thing t o say and to place that blame on Cahill.

Both we're going for the ball, awful accident.

it happens 100 times a game with no consequence. complete freak.

It’s a joke.

We get chastised when we’re shit and chastised when we’re good
i was somewhat enamoured that they they used this line form the big book of football cliches, when talking about N'dombele...

After a debut season where he was still settling in and struggling to find his feet, many fickle Spurs fans called for the Frenchman to be shown the exit in order to recoup as much of his club record transfer fee.

that's a hugely unfair thing t o say and to place that blame on Cahill.

Both we're going for the ball, awful accident.

it happens 100 times a game with no consequence. complete freak.
Granted, but he's been involved in a career ending injury, even if it wasn't deliberate...

Back
Top Bottom