Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are. The types of shit goals Chelsea and Leicester are conceding are not happening to us.

I doubt either of them could have the run of fixtures we’ve been on and stay at the top of the league like we did.

They may have won more though. It's a balance and because we can be conservative it means we rely on holding out.

Tough call.

I also dismiss Leicester as our challengers unless we are talking solely top 4.

benny hill wtf GIF

:dembele:

Of all the things that are bad in the world..... Gutter journalists are the worst.

They no longer even try to report the news, they try to actually create the news.

The media have such a damaging effect on society as a whole as a group 80 odd numbnuts report crap as if it was the truth or the opinions of the entire population.

Most people just want to get on with their lives but the media isn't having any of that. They are determined to create division and friction in society.

Journalists are mostly self serving, self promoting arses.

Rant over

I'm glad Radrizzani Leeds have stuck to their guns.

As a pundit you have every right to your "opinion" no matter how right or wrong it is.

Just don't come crying when your opinion upsets a club with a massive fan base and they give you stick for it.

Online abuse should never be tolerated, but it's as if pundits want to be able to say whatever they want and never get called out on it. Leeds called her out on it.

The morons who spew hate and abuse online are the ones at fault here, not Leeds.

I'm glad Radrizzani Leeds have stuck to their guns.

As a pundit you have every right to your "opinion" no matter how right or wrong it is.

Just don't come crying when your opinion upsets a club with a massive fan base and they give you stick for it.

Online abuse should never be tolerated, but it's as if pundits want to be able to say whatever they want and never get called out on it. Leeds called her out on it.

The morons who spew hate and abuse online are the ones at fault here, not Leeds.
I'm all for being against the media but I thought in this case that was pretty unnecessary by Leeds. She made a good point, Bielsa sides fall off at the end due to fatigue. With the midseason break, they looked refresh at the end of the season and were able to push on unlike the season before.

What also hurts Leeds is that they called out a woman. I'm not one that screams racism or sexism over everything but a loud part of social media users do and that is who is attacking Leeds right now. Even if you think Leeds were in the right, they are going to face backlash for it that seems to be their own doing.

I've said earlier in this thread, I dont believe there is a bias against us, but a massive bias in favour of others

This morning was a perfect example of that. I wake up at about 6. (Its an extra hour in bed compared to pre lockdown) on 5 live this morning:

6.15: let's talk about how great Liverpool are(about 5 mins)
6.30: let's talk about how great Liverpool are (about 5 mins)
6.45:let's talk about how great Liverpool are (about 10 mins)

Basically, almost 30% of the 6-7 hour was about the dippers. No one else gets that level of coverage.

It is relentless.

BBC, BT, Sky & Amazon.. pretty much have to mute every pundit and there’s not a chance in hell that I watch a minute more than the actual football.
Does make me wonder if there’s much point in fairness. Everyone is out for us to fail and sadly we love playing our part in their narrative.

Back
Top Bottom