Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dot Major from electro-pop band London Grammar, who is a Chelsea fan is a pratt. Why would the BBc print such biased rubbish. He is predicting the PL matches this week along with Lawrenson and is predicting us to lose 10-0

Dot Major from electro-pop band London Grammar, who is a Chelsea fan is a pratt. Why would the BBc print such biased rubbish. He is predicting the PL matches this week along with Lawrenson and is predicting us to lose 10-0
Reading the piece, he gives us quite a bit of time, mentioning Poch. I think it might be closet love for him.

EDIT: he may also be a bellend.

So Sky and the Media bring out a story about Kane asking to leave if Spurs do not qualify for CL. Funny how this sort of story always comes out when we are going to play MU or Liverpool. I never click on the story as it only encourages them to keep doing it but will not turn on Sky Sports until KO time and if Alan Smith or Neville or whoever is co commentating starts talking about this during the match it goes on mute.

Well, BBC Football Fuckarse has had it's obligatory weekly little lunchtime laugh at our expense now.... I imagine SSN will be hot on their heels before the day is out.

It's funny, the Media have almost given up trying to hide how much they hate us.... but we make it so easy to be disliked, and ridiculed.
...and with Mourinho in charge, we can justifiably be truly despised!

Nice one Spurs... Pricks!

Well, BBC Football Fuckarse has had it's obligatory weekly little lunchtime laugh at our expense now.... I imagine SSN will be hot on their heels before the day is out.

It's funny, the Media have almost given up trying to hide how much they hate us.... but we make it so easy to be disliked, and ridiculed.

It's storytelling.

Spurs are the serial antagonists. Have been since the 90's, perhaps even before that.

It's not coincidential nobody likes Spurs.

It's storytelling.

Spurs are the serial antagonists. Have been since the 90's, perhaps even before that.

It's not coincidential nobody likes Spurs.
But there is some truth to the nearly men angle. I have don't agree we are antagonists unless you mean challenging the top four teams(as it used to be). Personally I don't get the media bias blubbering from some fans. If anything, I think the "media" are mostly fair, particularly during the Poch era. Also, quite a few ex spurs are pundits currently.
Every fan says the same thing about their team and the media.

Our peak under Poch basically dragged them kicking and screaming into covering us positively. Aside from a couple of the good ones (i.e. Jenas) their noses practically started bleeding when discussing us blowing aside another team or getting into a title race.

It feels like they're making up for lost time right now.

Its crazy we get ripped into, we are not an oil club, we haven't had a pathetic cash injection, we haven't dominated and become a Bayern or PSG who buy every big player

We have progressed, yes with money, but it has been a natural progression with some smart decisions

If anything we should be lauded as a model club but teams hate us

The pundit on Sky just said "Moussa Sissoko has been held back by Mourinho"

John Goodman Lol GIF by Roseanne

Back
Top Bottom