Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Steve McManaman was fucking unbearable last night - every sentence was tainted with a massive slathering of his biased drivel.
Like everytime one of theirs clobbered Kane...or when Rodon got throated "accidental".....or the alleged Allison handball "nothing to see"

Or the scouse disallowed goal...he was shocked.

Let's be honest, there was a fair argument it was their free kick for holding. But it was handball, and he clearly did it deliberately.

We are clearly better than Leicester and Chelsea who look capable of losing to anyone, we are much harder to beat.
What are you smoking??

Leicester played us off the park last month, they are above for a reason ( they better than us ).

Chelsea will finish above us, because they are better than us, you are Deluded to believe anything different.

Also our style off football is absolutely boring & ineffective

Who cares about Media bias when forum members who are meant to be Spurs supporters are so critically depressing( not the best description but close) I was so pissed off with today's match following on from Liverpool that the TV was switched over on the final whistle and only just opened the forum. God the number of posts and threads is overwhelmingly negative. Every poster with an Agenda whether it is anti Levy, Mourinho or a particular player seemly enjoying running down their particular stooge.
I would keep away from the forum and ignore it as reading it all could be succidal but as I am retired and everything is closed I have fuck all else to do and football had been the only thing keeping me sane.
For now I am going to bed and will come back tomorrow but do not think I will read a lot of it. Media bias is not nearly as bad from what I have read tonight.

Who cares about Media bias when forum members who are meant to be Spurs supporters are so critically depressing( not the best description but close) I was so pissed off with today's match following on from Liverpool that the TV was switched over on the final whistle and only just opened the forum. God the number of posts and threads is overwhelmingly negative. Every poster with an Agenda whether it is anti Levy, Mourinho or a particular player seemly enjoying running down their particular stooge.
I would keep away from the forum and ignore it as reading it all could be succidal but as I am retired and everything is closed I have fuck all else to do and football had been the only thing keeping me sane.
For now I am going to bed and will come back tomorrow but do not think I will read a lot of it. Media bias is not nearly as bad from what I have read tonight.
I think you have to take it with a pinch of salt. We've just played diabolically and lost to a team that hasn't won a single league game at home until they played us. People are going to vent and rant a bit online.

I don't think the forums of any other club would be much different to what we see on here. In fact, maybe you should view a few of them because i'd actually say they are far more reactionary and negative than Spurs. You might not have seen AFTV but there is no real equivalent for Spurs and thankfully so.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure this is just me being a bit pisssed, but....

Immediately after our game (before they even got to José’s interview) BT switched to a bunch of gooner primadonna pricks hanging about in the tunnel pre kick off. Who gives a fuck what players are up to before a game.
I’ve now sat for a good while after the goons finished and I’ve seen “highlights”’of their match along with Utd and the east midland divs, but not a single mention of the mighty Spurs’ complete demolition of the 6th best team in Austria. Honestly, I only wanted to hear what the gaffer had to say.

Crock of shite.

Last edited:

Immediately after our game (before they even got to José’s interview) BT switched to a bunch of gooner primadonna pricks hanging about in the tunnel pre kick off. Who gives a fuck what players are up to before a game.
I’ve now sat for a good while after the goons finished and I’ve seen “highlights”’of their match along with Utd and the east midland divs, but not a single mention of the mighty Spurs’ complete demolition of the 6th best team in Austria. Honestly, I only wanted to hear what the gaffer had to say.

Crock of shite.
Media bias at its worst!!....😡

Crock of shite.
Turned it off as soon as they said something like now we are going to look at the Woolwich game.
However I still look at teletext in the morning on BBC whilst having breakfast. Get News headlines etc and look at Football section. They had brief description of Leicester, MU and Woolwich matches. Did we even play yesterday ? Well not according to the BBC teletext.

apparently, the league is in discussions about allowing fans in for the last game (as its the only game in season where it could possibly happen.

in my facebook feed, this story appears as

Liverpool fans' return to Anfield may be blocked over "sporting integrity"

edited: thats from the Daily Mirror feed through facebook

Last edited:
apparently, the league is in discussions about allowing fans in for the last game (as its the only game in season where it could possibly happen.

Well 10 teams would get fans and 10 teams wouldn't

A good suggestion put out there is that they move the Matchweek 37 fixtures to the Monday , meaning all the home teams will get fans and therefore every team gets 1 game with fans.
That seems fair and logical

A good suggestion put out there is that they move the Matchweek 37 fixtures to the Monday , meaning all the home teams will get fans and therefore every team gets 1 game with fans.
I agree. What me laugh was the way its been reported. Very dipper centric

Well as the Mirror both in written and online content had the story as

Premier League may block fans return over "Sporting Integrity", I think it may say more about your facebook feed, than the media to be honest

Good idea but the only definite in the plan is schools opening the rest is all if, if, if.

Back
Top Bottom