Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stopped watching sky sports news and will not look at their sports web site. If more Spurs supporters did the same they might notice and tone it down. I still have a sky sports subscription but only watch the Spurs match and not the build up or after chat. Just got so sick of their trying to sell Kane.
...I think that's the point, they'd neither notice, (nor care) what bit of their subscribed channel Spurs fans watch (or turn off), as long as you still keep paying the subscription!

It's like me 'protesting' at McDonald's by purchasing a Big Mac, but ONLY eating the bun! ....THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!

...I think that's the point, they'd neither notice, (nor care) what bit of their subscribed channel Spurs fans watch (or turn off), as long as you still keep paying the subscription!

It's like me 'protesting' at McDonald's by purchasing a Big Mac, but ONLY eating the bun! ....THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!
Sky like all commercial TV stations are heavily reliant on advertising. The advertisers look at viewing figures to see if they will advertise and how much they are prepared to pay. If viewing figures dip then so would advertising revenue. That is why MU are forever on Sky because their viewing figures are higher. Now I know the loss of 1 viewer is not going to make any difference but the main reason I do not watch it is the blatant pushing of Kane to Manchester agenda.
It was so bad that I was watching a match towards the end of the season last year and during the match, instead of commentating on the match I think it was Alan Smith was going on about Kane would have to leave to win trophies. It was spoiling my enjoyment of the match and I put the TV on mute. Now I know Sky would not know that but it stopped me getting pissed off. The main reason I have stopped watching Sky football is it pisses me off listening about their blatant pushing of Kane to leave.

Sky like all commercial TV stations are heavily reliant on advertising. The advertisers look at viewing figures to see if they will advertise and how much they are prepared to pay. If viewing figures dip then so would advertising revenue. That is why MU are forever on Sky because their viewing figures are higher. Now I know the loss of 1 viewer is not going to make any difference but the main reason I do not watch it is the blatant pushing of Kane to Manchester agenda.
It was so bad that I was watching a match towards the end of the season last year and during the match, instead of commentating on the match I think it was Alan Smith was going on about Kane would have to leave to win trophies. It was spoiling my enjoyment of the match and I put the TV on mute. Now I know Sky would not know that but it stopped me getting pissed off. The main reason I have stopped watching Sky football is it pisses me off listening about their blatant pushing of Kane to leave.
I won't watch Sky for similar reasons. Don't care if it makes no difference but they won't ever get another penny from me.

After last weeks magnum opus(spurs players hate grumpy Nuno) the shit stain that is the daily mail has followed up with the players are pissed off with Paratici and Hitchin's antics on the bench. My they hate us...
They fear Nuno its the only thing that makes sense worried we might get ideas above our joke status like under Poch

Last edited:
After last weeks magnum opus(spurs players hate grumpy Nuno) the shit stain that is the daily mail has followed up with the players are pissed off with Paratici and Hitchin's antics on the bench. My they hate us...
They fear Nuno its the only thing that makes sense worried we might get ideas above our joke status like under Poch

Next week they will have it out for the tea lady.

Talksport put (another) phoney Spurs fan to defend Nuno on Adrian Durham's Drivetime (5:15, 1-11-21). The caller then owned up to being a gooner. They often do this but the person doesn't admit it, then stupid genuine Spurs fans on here agree with the fake.

Talksport put (another) phoney Spurs fan to defend Nuno on Adrian Durham's Drivetime (5:15, 1-11-21). The caller then owned up to being a gooner. They often do this but the person doesn't admit it, then stupid genuine Spurs fans on here agree with the fake.
I haven't spoken to a single Spurs fan who has had anything positive to say about Nuno as a manager.
Also, the "nice guy" stuff apparently isn't even true behind the scenes.

I haven't spoken to a single Spurs fan who has had anything positive to say about Nuno as a manager.
Also, the "nice guy" stuff apparently isn't even true behind the scenes.

I don't know the guy personally but just from his pre and post match junkets I'd say he is rude and unfriendly.

And that's when cameras are on him. Wish him well, thoughts and prayers etc but wrong fit and well rid.

Last edited:
Andy Townsend calling Dele a diver.

Jamie Redknapp saying the game's gone because dippers didn't win a pen.

coffee beans indonesia GIF

Sod the sports media, let them have their Liverpool and man utd love in, outlets like sky will never change, they know who their subscribers are and need to pander to them.

Who cares about non spurs people's views about our club? I don't, not interested at all, the only opinions I care about our from conte, players and other spurs supporters.

I actually love it, that despite winning nothing for years we are every London premier league teams rival, living in their heads rent free

BBC Sport front page atm:

q6g5Y1J.png

BBC:
1. Yesterday headline news was also refereeing rather than the incredible match.
2. Focus on Jota pen claim, but none on Winks' pen claim.
3. No focus on Robertson's kick, which could have also broken Emerson's leg if it was planted differently. Key distinction is that Kane's reckless challenge was for the ball, while Robertson's kick was pure malice.

BBC Sport front page atm:

q6g5Y1J.png

BBC:
1. Yesterday headline news was also refereeing rather than the incredible match.
2. Focus on Jota pen claim, but none on Winks' pen claim.
3. No focus on Robertson's kick, which could have also broken Emerson's leg if it was planted differently. Key distinction is that Kane's reckless challenge was for the ball, while Robertson's kick was pure malice.

Came to post the same thing. It's fucking staggering how much of a talking point this has become. Even Battenburg has taken some time out from gambling to have a pop. Pathetic

I have seen Liverpool get much worse decisions go in their favour than we got last night for the Kane tackle. Every time we play them they get some dodgy penalty or get away with fouling us over the pitch. Every time they fail to win there is uproar about cheating or injustice.

Robertson did the exact same challenge against us a year ago and there wasn’t even a whimper of it. Look at the penalty they got in the Champions League final, not a word about it. Could you imagine the uproar if that had of been the other way around?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom