Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was intrigued for this as I believe we're always shown a level of disrespected other comparable teams don't get.

However going through the pictures, it just comes across as paranoid nonsense. Going through in order:

Pic 1: It's our club advertising a local foodbank. Hardly negative. This is a good thing, I thought.

Pic 2: It's an article about safe standing and we're one of less than a handful of clubs in the safe standing trial and have been at the forefront to push for safe standing to return. Hardly negative.

Pic 3: Possibly. But are Villa going to claim the same too?

Pic 4: It's a story about a rapper and they picked a photo of him performing on stage. He is a well-known Spurs fan so hardly a great surprise he's wearing a Spurs top. More surprising he's a raging anti-semite though. Article wouldn't have been written by sports journos.

Pic 5: It's the super league, so it was 1 in 6 chance it would be us.

Pic 6: Simon Jordan is one of the very few who does show us respect. Bale is a bit of a weird choice, let alone Spurs.

Pic 7: It's an article about Man U and it shows us *scoring* against them

Pic 8: Maybe. But again we're scoring against Man U

Pic 9: We're a club well known of having Christmas parties whilst banned by the club.

Pic 10: It's a piece of poppy politics in sport...

Pic 11: It's LinkedIn blog about being a successful negotiator. Who else are they going to use? Levy is the definition of shrewd negotiation. Also, is this negative?

Pic 12: Maybe, but it's an article about players not being able to hug on the pitch and we're hugging. It's hardly libel is it?

Pic 13: Is this a negative article for our club to be associated - our players taking the knee?

I give up at this point. I do wonder though if we charge less royalties for pictures which might make it more appealing for publishers. Hardly trying to create a shadow over the club.

I was intrigued for this as I believe we're always shown a level of disrespected other comparable teams don't get.

However going through the pictures, it just comes across as paranoid nonsense. Going through in order:

Pic 1: It's our club advertising a local foodbank. Hardly negative. This is a good thing, I thought.

Pic 2: It's an article about safe standing and we're one of less than a handful of clubs in the safe standing trial and have been at the forefront to push for safe standing to return. Hardly negative.

Pic 4: It's a story about a rapper and they picked a photo of him performing on stage. He is a well-known Spurs fan so hardly a great surprise he's wearing a Spurs top. More surprising he's a raging anti-semite though. Article wouldn't have been written by sports journos.

Pic 6: Simon Jordan is one of the very few who does show us respect. Bale is a bit of a weird choice, let alone Spurs.

Pic 9: We're a club well known of having Christmas parties whilst banned by the club.

Pic 11: It's LinkedIn blog about being a successful negotiator. Who else are they going to use? Levy is the definition of shrewd negotiation. Also, is this negative?

Pic 12: Maybe, but it's an article about players not being able to hug on the pitch and we're hugging. It's hardly libel is it?

Pic 13: Is this a negative article for our club to be associated - our players taking the knee?

I give up at this point. I do wonder though if we charge less royalties for pictures which might make it more appealing for publishers. Hardly trying to create a shadow over the club.

The guy said he did it as a bit of fun. I don’t think he really thinks that.

Talking points from the new year fixtures. We aren't mentioned once as the rounded up almost every game except ours.

Sometimes I imagine what the media would do if we managed to win the league. I would lap up every salty article but I'm genuinely curious as to what they would say.

I know they pretty much ignore City winning it to focus on Liverpool (spurs have finished above City more than the dippers have since Klopp took over) but I have no idea how they would spin it.

Let’s keep this going until he addresses it. Tosser

It’s racist. White, English captain can do no wrong and is justified speaking in an interview with Neville.
Lukaku. Black, foreign player should be on his hands and knees begging forgiveness from his teammates for speaking to someone other than Neville.
Bloke is a proper bell end.

I'm glad you did this as a person who believes the bias is real this is shit pictorial evidence and just comes of as tin foil hat. It's not about imagery it's the way the club is reported on talked down and belittled.

Example made my partner is a quite successful actress so were at the Premier of a film she was in, and the famous director of said movie starts the speech with thanking crew and technicians he then says "apart from ### who is Spurs so a complete wanker" The hall full tuxedos and ball gowns fall about laughing except us obviously. And this what media is like. Print film , television is absolutely stuffed full of petty Gooners. It's probably simply generational as the people in them positions we're kids when Woolwich were contenders. But it's got loads to do with constant digs at us

Last edited:
Shit bags like neville were only ever complementary about us when poch was in charge and that was because of the media (and his) alterior motive of getting Poch to United.

Also when neville was in mid spout over the super league debacle he spoke about every English club involved complementing the fans of each. what he said about Tottenham 'I dont care about them' the guy is a parasite and needs to be told to fuck off

It’s racist. White, English captain can do no wrong and is justified speaking in an interview with Neville.
Lukaku. Black, foreign player should be on his hands and knees begging forgiveness from his teammates for speaking to someone other than Neville.
Bloke is a proper bell end.
Go and have a word with yourself.

Also when neville was in mid spout over the super league debacle he spoke about every English club involved complementing the fans of each. what he said about Tottenham 'I dont care about them' the guy is a parasite and needs to be told to fuck off

That gobby prick was only against the Super League because the people who pay him told him to be. If Man United explained to him why it would be good for them, and he was unemployed. he'd have been their mouth piece.

Back
Top Bottom