Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soon they'll be national mourning days when we win matches, black armbands all round, people getting teary eyed and giving speeches about how things were great when Spurs were rubbish and midtable, how they had more money, there were no crimes or wars across the world, and children could play in the streets and parks safely.
"Evil Tottenham are a blight on society and are ruining football, you can do your bit by supporting the make Tottenham shit again campaign, sponsored by BBC, Sky, and every major broadcaster and newspaper.
Hurry we must act fast!!"

Cunts, deal with it.
:dembelelol::dembelefingers:

#rattled

This is the crux of it all. English football have for so long been built around a select few teams (United, Liverpool, Arse) so most of the journalists now are either former players for those clubs, or grew up as supporters of them. Then we have City and Chelsea who did meteoric rises to the top so fast that there was never a chance for them to get the same backlash we are getting. It was just easier to accept them as big teams because money talks.

We on the other hand are outsiders in that regard. We have to earn all the praise the hard way. We're not some flash in the pan top team like Blackburn or Leicester, our consistency is proving that. So they cannot treat us like that, "Oh remember the season when Tottenham finished second? How grand for them that was".

There are two ways we will get the media off our back. Either we firmly hammer in that we are in the top to stay (this is slowly happening), or a bunch of young spurs fans become sports journalists

Very true. In fairness, City wernt taken seriously to begin with. They had to get success first. Micheal Owen said on BT sport this week Spurs are now part of the elite and are here to stay. Too many good players.

This is why it is our duty to win a major trophy for the sake of English football. In the new Ground, when our players are on Stella money, and the place is a Mental Asylum, there will have to be rehab centres for all these deniers.
I cannot wait for that day. Fuck you, and the laptop you rode in on.
The future is bright, the future is Lillywhite.

I see a great parallel between us and Spanish national team before 2008. Really good, but always that mental block to win trophies. But once we get one, the floodgates will open.

We have been the best team for a few years in terms of statistics, it's not going to be long before we start winning trophies.

And also, I love the fact that we are hated everywhere and everyone. The more hate we get, the more successful we are! Fuck everybody else, it's us against the world!

Absolute pile of dog snot on soccer saturday.

What's more disappointing is it was all lead by Jeff Stelling.. His opening speech about the win against Real Madrid was - Zidane must be in trouble and surely they'll be after only one man.The he went on about we claim we are not Spursy anymore, but he said that's exactly what we were against Man Utd and we went there trying for a 0-0 draw, WHat, losing 1-0 at Old Trafford is being Spursy?? fuck off you clueless midget Twat. He then went on about Kane and Dele going to Madrid... What an absolute pile of shit that was, even Merson and Nicholas were embarrassed for him and praised us for the win..

Gone right down in my estimation fucking attention seeking little Dwarf. Fuck off back to countdown that's about your limit.

You get the odd decent fair article,then a load of old biased crap.
I hate the British media/Press.Have done for ages,but more so of late.
Haven't bought a paper for years,but read the articles that are put up on here and elsewhere.F**k em!

What's more disappointing is it was all lead by Jeff Stelling.. His opening speech about the win against Real Madrid was - Zidane must be in trouble and surely they'll be after only one man.The he went on about we claim we are not Spursy anymore, but he said that's exactly what we were against Man Utd and we went there trying for a 0-0 draw, WHat, losing 1-0 at Old Trafford is being Spursy?? fuck off you clueless midget Twat. He then went on about Kane and Dele going to Madrid... What an absolute pile of shit that was, even Merson and Nicholas were embarrassed for him and praised us for the win..

Gone right down in my estimation fucking attention seeking little Dwarf. Fuck off back to countdown that's about your limit.
The Tottenham conversation is like that every fucking week though...

The oddest part is that Sky have pretty much put the house on the continued success of Premier League football.....but they are constantly driving stories that would make their product far less attractive

So in the past 5 days Poch, Toby, Rose, Winks, Eriksen, Alli & Kane have all been linked away, whatever you think about the media that is pretty fucking ridiculous, even the most deluded 'football fan' that gets their news from the metro knows that is pathetic.
...just wait until Marcus Edwrads earns his full League debut... I doubt he'll finish the game before being shipped off to Barca!

What do you expect watching such shit . Standard good cop , bad cop routine. Free your Self from such low level fuck head media drivel.
Durham , Sterling all of them are made for the imbecile Generation .
We are Spurs , not pampered Self entitled fat plastic Johnny come lately's sitting on a glory train of bought success.
As the living no sell out Salford messiah said
"Hang the DJ "

Just out of interest were there any headlines of Liverpool being a one Man(e) team? Their form has been pretty bad since he got injured.

Also imagine if Lukaku was a spurs player, they would be constantly bashing him for not being able to score against the top 6. I don't live in the UK but they don't seem to mention it much from what I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom