Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BBC Radio this morning on drive to work: "Man City have opened up an eight point gap on rivals Man Utd."

Ummm, aren't there two teams who are eight points behind Citeh?

:levyeyes:

Man U article mentions Chelsea are only 1 point behind Man U.
Spurs article didn't even make it to main sports section.

The BBC are pretending we don't exist now. Only coping mechanism they have left.

Sunday Times yesterday - MOTD 2, highlights of......oh yeah, every game but ours
I'm fine with that this week. Shouting from the roof-tops that we beat the last placed club 1-0 is pretty pathetic. We've had a lot of tough games recently; I'm happy to have a low key weekend in which we quietly picked up three points while those teams around us traded them off.

I'm fine with that this week. Shouting from the roof-tops that we beat the last placed club 1-0 is pretty pathetic. We've had a lot of tough games recently; I'm happy to have a low key weekend in which we quietly picked up three points while those teams around us traded them off.
It’s not about chest thumping that we beat the bottom club by the odd goal, the fact we’re in 2nd place on points, the teams that are on par and above us we’ve finished ahead of them for the past couple of seasons. Despite all, we’re bang in the mix again and ahead of last seasons champions. We are more than worthy of just a mention swap our situation with either Arse or Liverpool we both know the highlights package would reflect more correctly.

I personally don’t give a fuck about them and whatever their agenda may or may not be anymore, but I empathise why it irks or even angers some of us.

i get that, but they didnt know that when they went to press....

Naughty spurs are keeping their players from England! A new stick to beat us with - even though they're all bloody injured and were subbed early at the weekend. :dembelefingers:

After an hour of shitting on us generally this morning (despite, you know, actual injuries to those players) news comes in that Sterling, Delph and Henderson have pulled out - "Let's talk about boxing".

Other fans sure did, I don’t remember anything about it in the media

That's because thankfully back then there wasn't unlimited media of a lamentable quality like now, it's rammed down our throats all day long and we ask for it

The biggest irony of all is that famous Mark Robbins goal that saved his job in 1990, that wouldn't have happened now, with fan, board and media hysteria he would have been sacked way before. Fergie would have hated the way things are now with social media and billions knocking around, quite rightly

Back
Top Bottom