Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know this sort of thing seems trivial, but it happens too often to be anything other than deliberate.

Here's a screenshot of today's BBC's 'Football' section. You'll see Kane's image alongside 'Transfer gossip... '. There is, of course, no gossip surrounding Kane today (nothing currently in the 'live' section either). In fact, there's very little about us at all, save the sensational rumour that we're competing with Liverpool for Norwich's James Maddison.

G7halh4.png

I know this sort of thing seems trivial, but it happens too often to be anything other than deliberate.

Here's a screenshot of today's BBC's 'Football' section. You'll see Kane's image alongside 'Transfer gossip... '. There is, of course, no gossip surrounding Kane today (nothing currently in the 'live' section either). In fact, there's very little about us at all, save the sensational rumour that we're competing with Liverpool for Norwich's James Maddison.

G7halh4.png
Saw this too, outrageous. All their 'transfer gossip' is about Sanchez and Walcott. Nothing about Kane (or Rooney, also in pic!)

Saw this too, outrageous. All their 'transfer gossip' is about Sanchez and Walcott. Nothing about Kane (or Rooney, also in pic!)

It is stated 'us Premier League news conferences' with a picture of a Spurs and Everton player. We play them tomorrow.

I'm all for getting on the media bias bandwagon but think you both might be getting a tad paranoid on this occasion. ;-)

G7halh4.png
It does also say 'Premier League news conferences' so I'd assume they've put that picture there as we're playing Everton tomorrow?! Just a hunch.

Edit - what MDG said.

Really cross. Listening to radio 5 live before 'the match saying how good Walker is now that he has joined city and how much Pep has improved him this season. I think you will find he was a pretty good player before this season and it was Poch who turned him into an England player. Anyway not doing v well this afternoon is he?

Really cross. Listening to radio 5 live before 'the match saying how good Walker is now that he has joined city and how much Pep has improved him this season. I think you will find he was a pretty good player before this season and it was Poch who turned him into an England player. Anyway not doing v well this afternoon is he?

He was dreadful today

Listening to the 5 Live shite with Alan Green and it reminded me why I stopped listening to them - his screeching and utter hystrionical Fandom of Liverpool grates too hard - why the BBC allows a self professed fan to commentate on a team is beyond me

Match of the day last night failed to show Rooney’s yellow card for a very petulant foul on Super Jan. Imagine if Dele Alli had committed a similar offence ? Lineker, Shearer et al would spend about 10 minutes talking about it & crucifying Dele at the same time

I know it’s Talk Sport, so there is the first red flag. Plus it was Joey Barton, so there’s an even bigger red flag, but I literally nearly choked on my tea when Barton said yesterday that he would take Morata ‘all day long’ over Kane. The scouse genius said that Kane was a ‘slightly better finisher’, but Morata’s all round play was better. What a complete and utter fuckwit. I mean, I already knew he was a fuckwit, but he’s now the king of the fuckwits.

I know it’s Talk Sport, so there is the first red flag. Plus it was Joey Barton, so there’s an even bigger red flag, but I literally nearly choked on my tea when Barton said yesterday that he would take Morata ‘all day long’ over Kane. The scouse genius said that Kane was a ‘slightly better finisher’, but Morata’s all round play was better. What a complete and utter fuckwit. I mean, I already knew he was a fuckwit, but he’s now the king of the fuckwits.
Preach brother - I was surprised I didn't hear his colleagues off mic exploding with laughter

Apparently Morata is better because he gets back and helps the team from the back - something that Kane doesn't do as he just goal hangs...

:kanehand:

Back
Top Bottom