Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bullshit
you can't let it go, can you
You and the rest of the muppets

in position Son was far worse than Winks, as was Kulusevski
Kane didn't hit a decent pass all game, apart from 2 yarders - and that free kick....

as someone else has pointed out, despite being outnumbered ion midfield Winks an PEH barely gave the ball away and both made significant tackles

Your myopic bias against the lad only allows you to see what you want to see, and therefore automatically blame him for every failure.

0/10 - learn the game.
I don't know the game, I am a fan of THFC and have opinion to express in the forum and that is that.

Relax and have a drink on me preferably non alcoholic.

Have a good day.

yeah - there were no oligarchs and sheikhs, it was possible to do that back then
Don't buy that explanation.

The following non-oligarch/sheikh sides have won domestic cups since the 90's
Leicester
Portsmouth
Wigan Athletic
Woolwich
Blackburn Rovers
Middlesborough
Birmingham City
Swansea City

We can and should be winning domestic cups, the thing holding us back is ENIC.

And they will continue to hold us back while apologists make excuses for them

I dunno - theres a few of the Poch team still here. There has been some awful recruitment since, thats for sure. We all know he got shafted in those 18 months of NO new players... then not replacing Dembele, Eriksen etc

We did.... Unfortunately, Poch played a big part in replacing them with a couple of grossly over-priced and over-paid dossers.

Leicester
Portsmouth
Wigan Athletic
Woolwich
Blackburn Rovers
Middlesborough
Birmingham City
Swansea City

why are you making this point to me - I have said it often enough
The only difference is that I'm not bitching about it every other post

oh and the goons had Usmanov on board for a good while - and the rest of them won the league cup, which by and large the money bags clubs used to use as a training cup, it seems only recent that they have added it to the wish list

yeah yeah, Leicester aside

I don't care what any player says out loud, and I truly believe they think they are being honest, but there MUST be something in their mindset that is telling them "lads it's a champo team".
And Southampton? Wolves? Burnley? I'm sorry but if this bunch of cuntheads feel that ANY opposition are beneath them then they are seriously deluded...
Preposterous as it is I found myself wondering if the ball being different to the Prem ball was the reason no one seemed able to get it to do what they wanted it to.
Ah yes, and if I'm not mistaken I think also the shade of grass that far North was somewhat off from the usual luscious green turf that they prefer to grace...
I'd go so far as to say it was one of those nights where the team should be refunding the travelling fans by way of an apology.
Fuck me, if they start offering refunds the players will be in their overdrafts by the end of the season!

Leicester
Portsmouth
Wigan Athletic
Woolwich
Blackburn Rovers
Middlesborough
Birmingham City
Swansea City

...does that mean Non OLIGARCHS can win a trophy???

let's sell up to Michael McIntyre.... he's a LOADED SPURS FAN.... and not an OliGarth Crooks in sight! why can't HE buy us?

Much worse things like Saudis have been destroying Yemen, Israelis have been killing palestinians and China have been genociding the uighurs. We know there are other bad things in the world going on even before the russian/ukrainian thing.

But we still have to live our lives.
There's a large country being trampled on by a very dangerous country that possesses a nuclear threat that can level most of the free world's cities. That country is led by a mad mendacious bully - and some of you are talking about Spurs losing a football match as if it's the end of the world.

Try to maintain some perspective. We have bigger things to worry about.
After a not too good sleep and a bit of reflection it amounts to a bunch of highly paid sportsmen narrowly losing a game of football to a bunch of not so well paid (but still well paid ) sportsmen - there is bigger shit going on so yeah I’ll be there on Monday - next season though???

What the fuck does he do?

This isn't Bayern fucking Munich we're playing
His a conte fan bois! Exactly what the fick has conte trained the team at. Even if we played league two team we’d play the same clueless football. Unless we half a pitch of green space we are useless. We Lao looked knackered, why? I thought the great super coach had improved our fitness. That stat about running more is such bs. Winks dies this trot all game where goes to within 10 yards of a player then goes back. How many yards I wonder his totting up. I can’t get over how flat we come out! Surely conte can fire them up? There is no one on the pitch doing any geeing up either. Just a total shit show. Did their goalie Manley many saves? Dreadful performance Al round.

He puts the weak players out in the best formation and tactics he can.

We didn't lose this to tactics or subs we lost because our midfield was dogshit and we had zero quality attacking players to bring on when one (Son) of our attackers who was overplayed looks tired.
Berg instantly improved our attacking threat only that he came on with 10 minutes. For the life of me I don’t understand how conte thought we didn’t need to change anything. Why bring on royal? Why sub the WBs.? That seems to be his only tactical subs. Why not bring on reg earlier to play FB in place of davies who was crap. Why not give white a chance I’m sure he can pass.

Berg instantly improved our attacking threat only that he came on with 10 minutes. For the life of me I don’t understand how conte thought we didn’t need to change anything. Why bring on royal? Why sub the WBs.? That seems to be his only tactical subs. Why not bring on reg earlier to play FB in place of davies who was crap. Why not give white a chance I’m sure he can pass.

I think Bergwijn impacted it because he was fresh versus tired players as the game went on he was much less effective and really his end product was poor once he was able to beat tired players so not really all the impactful in terms of his end product.

Reguilon is one that I have mentioned. I believe that it has to be a recovery issue from Covid. If he is full healthy and fit then his use is definitely an issue.

Bringing Royal on was disastrous

Absolutely garbage including being responsible for their goal by playing them onside

Back
Top Bottom