Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As a team we are cowards the football tactics are shit we get completely over in so many games

51536619._SX0_SY0_.jpg

We were terrible. We sent out a team of full internationals against Boro and we made them look good. We don’t play with any real belief or gameplan. I said earlier that we played Chelsea 3 times recently and we didn’t lay a glove on them. We were defeated before we even went onto the pitch. 0 goals in 3 matches against them playing frightened rabbits in the headlights football. It’s strange that we were so outclassed yet as we speak Luton manage to score 2 goals in 45 mins against them and Plymouth very nearly knocked them out earlier in the competition. At what point does Conte take some blame?

When there are valid reasons to start blaming him.

Wou
On the flip side, you can put money on us spanking Everton next week
Wouldn’t count on it. Away game we let them have the play when they were on a bad run and missing key players. We’re at home so I guess on a wet rainy Monday we will again sit back and hope they don’t score and we some how conjure up a break away that works.

I thought it was Winks for a minute but no desire at all from Dier

Disgusting
And every e keeps banging on about how conte has improved dier davies winks etc. they are still the sane shit they were when everyone wanted them out before contes arrival. Yet he plays them all and not even entertain giving players like Rodon a chance. They may or may not be any good but we will never know now as he sure as hell ain’t gonna play them in pl. he plays basically the sane players, makes the sane subs and plays same boring tactics every game. Sometime they work when we have space but generally it’s shit. He has oversaw defeats to ns maura and boro in his 4 months. Regardless of what people think of Enic we should still be doing better. Even Nuno beat NS ffs! Gone out in a whimper is the worst thing. Looks like we couldn’t be bothered. He has to deliver top 4 now.

When there are valid reasons to start blaming him.
What more do you need? He has lost to NS even Nuno beat them and now to boro. You telling me we don’t have enough quality to beat these teams? Never mind beat them we hardly laid a glove on boro last night and let them look they were the PL side. Even my brother said why are we playing like this v boro.

Forget this game. It has no bearing on what will happen for the rest of this season or next.
The same XI will start v Everton and we will win.

Difference in passion between Wilder and Conte tonight was stark.

We didn't want it tonight. But then neither did Redknapp or Poch when it came to the FA Cup.

Thought Conte might have been a bit different. Sadly no.

We were awful.
Thought his a winner. Well he between start proving it with his coaching ability to at least show some green shoots. If he wants money to buy players then he needs to bring something to the table.?he could start by trying to play a attacking game with more pace and aggression.

Yeh - he didn’t look interested. I suppose, for his ambitions, getting into - at least Europa and possibly top 4 - will encourage other players to come and improve over time.

He didn’t shout once or raise his arm. Odd.
I noticed that he just stood from 1st minute. He normally at least shouts and points his arms around. But nothing! Very strange!

Kane's goal was not offside. Linesman who had been flagging Spurs offside many times (wrongly) did it again and with no VAR it could not be checked again. I believe the officials were deliberately trying to get Tottenham out of the cup as they were like that all evening.

Screenshot-2022-03-01-at-21.35.29-1024x884.png

See Kane (top) outside of the six-yard box but a Boro player was inside the box. Corrupt FA!

Spurs should demand an apology from Mike Riley!
Yep. VAR would have given that goal.
We're still out of the cup.

Pointless getting wound up. That cunt running our club should have gone when he fired poch. New depths now losing to burnley and middlesbrough. Levy still thinks he can cleverly mastermind a successful era for us. 20 years now of this shit under him. Conte will go imo. But to be honest his timid tactics tonight were underwhelming.
Yes blame levy for many things however we have a manager who always has to have an agenda. His too cautious and doesn’t want to take any risks. His predicable in everything. Even I said sess would be first sub and royal would come on. Don’t see why reg is not playing at all. I just want us to go out with an attitude that says we are gonna attack and be in the front foot. Even v Burnley we sat back a fair bit.

They got £130M from courtinhio to spend though
Yes, we got £50m for Walker and bought Serge for £23m and gets worse, released for free. If club had ambition, would have gone for another Walker or even better. They don't know what they are doing, Doherty then and Royal now says it all.

Last edited:
This Spurs side reminds me of the Liverpool side that Klopp inherited, good on the break against teams that attack but can't beat teams that sit back, also, a flaky weak mentality.

Let's hope we improve the way they have.
Nah, Liverpool never played 5 at the back against absolute dross. They played 433 against everyone if anything. I’ll take an attacking formation even if we lose. I can’t take a defensive formation against a smaller club. Shocking.

Just got back and being the idiot I am I ridiculously and obviously wrongly thought contes blue and white army was destined for at least a trip to Wembley so to put it mildly feeling crushed at the minute and therefore dare not read this thread ( I’ll suffer that pain after some sleep.
Within 10 minutes it was obvious we were in for a long night nothing was clicking especially with the front 3 and I felt we looked fatigued and by the end of the 90 we looked out on our feet - the squad was a player light last September so what fucking idiot thought it was a good idea to ship out 4 players in January and only bring 2 in needs fucking shooting - the squad is patently not big enough- I will see the season out but if come the summer levy is still chairman that will be the end of my stint as a season ticket holder - with the money I save I can get a comfy sofa an ultra HD tv and still have a few quid over for a curry and a few cans every time I watch us on the box - levy you can fuck off
Well done boro I thought you were excellent
Superb post.

Bold bit are my sentiments exactly.

Genuinely considering quitting my ST.
I feel a fraud saying that because I would much rather use my place as a fan to drive him out.

But how do we realistically get him out? Given the economic crisis across the world now, who the heck is gonna pay £3bn for us?

I don't even care about trophies now.
Just give me a resemblance of positive football to watch on the pitch. Even if the result doesn't go our way, if we played well then I could stomach that.

Anyone else think Dane Scarlett is shit?

And Conte saying he's the best player in the academy is his low key way of saying our academy prospects are dog shit and way off from being able to take the next step up?

Does anyone want to help me set up a gofundme to help fund his next toupee once he's ripped his current one to shreds?
He gave him like 3 minutes in extra time when basically the game is dine.

Back
Top Bottom