Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Down to Conte.
He picked the wrong team again.
It’s the tactics, style of play , coaching, motivation, inspiration everything. We seem to have no clue how to play unless as I’ve said before we have half a pitch to run into. Further there seems to be no drive in the team or fire in their belly. Look at dippers or even soton they go out with pace , aggression and intent to take the game to oppo. We play so slow and just stroll around. The ball is moved at a snails pace between the defenders and midfield and ends up where it started from then just a boot up field. No one moves into space looking for a return ball. Boro we’re doing that yday. They much more possession and control of the ball in our half than we did in there’s. We were so deep it was unbelievable and yet no one still pressed or got close. Boro should have at least 3.

Who else is he supposed to pick?
Well he decided glc needed to go for some reason after actually playing him. What would you prefer PEH and glc or winks? To me both glc and ndombele with the right manager and tactics they would be starters. However under Dino and conte all we do is sit back and hope the front 3 can create some magic. Prime example yday kulu gets the ball midway in our half for potential counter but loses it. If those moments don’t come off we are fucked. It’s like we have to basically be 100% successful on any counter we get otherwise we ain’t scoring. We don’t even score from set pieces.

Well he decided glc needed to go for some reason after actually playing him. What would you prefer PEH and glc or winks? To me both glc and ndombele with the right manager and tactics they would be starters. However under Dino and conte all we do is sit back and hope the front 3 can create some magic. Prime example yday kulu gets the ball midway in our half for potential counter but loses it. If those moments don’t come off we are fucked. It’s like we have to basically be 100% successful on any counter we get otherwise we ain’t scoring. We don’t even score from set pieces.

There were reports about issues between GLC and Conte and as we saw he didn't work out here for various reasons- health, international duty, style of play both from the managers and player and fit for the PL.

I am a fan of GLC but it seemed pretty clear that a move was what made sense for him and the club. The issue wasn't so much moving him but a lack of bringing in a replacement. Had we brought in someone like Guimaeres or even a Countinho moving GLC wouldn't be an issue at all.

GLC and Ndombele had plenty of chances to prove that they would be great fits in the PL and under different systems and manager neither were able to ever show there anything more than good/great talents but bad fits. It is likely that there are players that are better fits in different leagues or maybe just different clubs.

He is playing with Wanks, PEH, White, Devine in MF with Dier and Davies in defense and no bench.

But I am sure you are right he suddenly became a terrible manager overnight it has nothing to do with the pile of dogshit he has to work with.
He loves davies and dier. In fact he keeps davies on as much as he can.

He loves davies and dier. In fact he keeps davies on as much as he can.

Davies is the only left footed CB at the club.

I want both these plugs gone ASAP but at the moment there is little to no better option to replace them in the line-up. Replacing crap with crap isn't really a great solution.

If after a summer window Conte decides, and it is clear that it is his decision not a Levy choice, then I would look to blame him, but for now it is either shit or shit so hard to argue over what shit should be in there.

We were worse though. The officiating is bad, I know but there's no excuse for the crap we're served up on a regular basis, bad reffing or not.
We were terrible. We sent out a team of full internationals against Boro and we made them look good. We don’t play with any real belief or gameplan. I said earlier that we played Chelsea 3 times recently and we didn’t lay a glove on them. We were defeated before we even went onto the pitch. 0 goals in 3 matches against them playing frightened rabbits in the headlights football. It’s strange that we were so outclassed yet as we speak Luton manage to score 2 goals in 45 mins against them and Plymouth very nearly knocked them out earlier in the competition. At what point does Conte take some blame?

We were terrible. We sent out a team of full internationals against Boro and we made them look good. We don’t play with any real belief or gameplan. I said earlier that we played Chelsea 3 times recently and we didn’t lay a glove on them. We were defeated before we even went onto the pitch. 0 goals in 3 matches against them playing frightened rabbits in the headlights football. It’s strange that we were so outclassed yet as we speak Luton manage to score 2 goals in 45 mins against them and Plymouth very nearly knocked them out earlier in the competition. At what point does Conte take some blame?
As a team we are cowards the football tactics are shit we get completely over in so many games

Kane's goal was not offside. Linesman who had been flagging Spurs offside many times (wrongly) did it again and with no VAR it could not be checked again. I believe the officials were deliberately trying to get Tottenham out of the cup as they were like that all evening.

Screenshot-2022-03-01-at-21.35.29-1024x884.png

See Kane (top) outside of the six-yard box but a Boro player was inside the box. Corrupt FA!

Spurs should demand an apology from Mike Riley!

I'm not sure what he's up to. He's trying most players in most positions that might suit them. I also think there's a bit of "see what I have to choose from, Daniel." When you forced to pick between equally awful players every week, what can you do? Plus Son and Kane are both patchy atm. Kane has done his audition and I'm not convinced we will see that level of effort from him again this season. We have 2 unnecessary buys when what we needed was a RWB and a striker. I'm still entirely unconvinced by Kulusevski and Davies and Dier are not up to it. Royal, Sanchez, Doherty....I don’t blame Conte for our performances. When, and only when we bring in the right players will I blame him.
He picked his strongest 11 yesterday and still got nowhere. And our star player looked as though he'd rather be elsewhere most of the time. Conte needs heavy investment. Without out it, what's the point of him even being here. I think he'll be off as soon as he can. Kane will go to Utd/City and then where will we be
Chelsea managed to find a prospect buyer very quickly
I know it's not done and dusted yet but why can't we get bought by someone...anyone!

Back
Top Bottom