Middlesbrough v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup 5th Round, Riverside Stadium, Tuesday 1st March 2022 at 19:55 GMT, LIVE on BBC1

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As I'm going to this, and I've never started a match thread, thought I'd give it a go.

The FA Cup is still a lovely trophy to win, no matter how some people try to belittle it.

So Antonio, I don't care who plays, just win it in normal time, as it would be nice to be home by 2am.

:coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys::coys:

Great opening bat, Mrs P.

Gosh, makes me realise why I ❤ Spurs so much

This fan base or at least this forum never learns. Seem to think we can put out a random 11 and walk it.

Have any of you watched us play the likes of Mura and Pacos this season?

Why on earth would you rest players, especially as there isn’t another game for a week?

Boro are no mugs and won at old Trafford in the last round.

Think this will be a tricky fixture
Absolutely...
Middlesborough have a very good home record

With everything going on I'd forgotten about this game!

Quarter finals would be an awesome opportunity at a trophy considering we seem to function quite well as a counter attacking team currently. As long as we don't draw Chelsea whose setup appears to be our kryptonite, in a one off game I do think we can beat anyone.

Between injuries and our own fuck ups; I'd say it's more us being our own kryptonite when we've faced them this season.

Between injuries and our own fuck ups; I'd say it's more us being our own kryptonite when we've faced them this season.

I do think they're the big side we will struggle with most regardless though. Tuchel's setup provides very little space for the opposition to play in, he's happy to be pragmatic, it's why they've been very successful in cup competitions but struggled a bit in the league. City and Liverpool are better sides but both allow you more space.

Pretty suffocating midfield 3, especially when Kante's fit, and Rudiger/T.Silva are very good at not giving Kane any time to work his passing range.

I do think they're the big side we will struggle with most regardless though. Tuchel's setup provides very little space for the opposition to play in, he's happy to be pragmatic, it's why they've been very successful in cup competitions but struggled a bit in the league. City and Liverpool are better sides but both allow you more space.

Pretty suffocating midfield 3, especially when Kante's fit, and Rudiger/T.Silva are very good at not giving Kane any time to work his passing range.

You might be right; just not really had the chance to find out......

Did well in the first half atm home in the league but even then Nuno fucked it by failing to react to TTs changes.

You might be right; just not really had the chance to find out......

Did well in the first half atm home in the league but even then Nuno fucked it by failing to react to TTs changes.

I'd forgotten about that game. The only time under Nuno we really came out and played genuinely engaging football, and we ended up screwing it up with shit defending at a set piece. I honestly came away from that game a little bit more optimistic about Nuno before we immediately reverted to nothing ball.

Winks to score in honour of the departed ArcspacE
Sad John Cena GIF

We can afford to play our best XI as we don't play in the league until Monday. We've seen so many times that as soon as you start to take one or two players out the team becomes beatable by absolutely any level of opponent. Glad to see that Conte has given up on Gollini too, if we want to win then Lloris needs to play.

Back
Top Bottom