Morecambe (H) - FA Cup - Sunday 1400 KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He laughed and said he didn't mean that one. He said he did with this one and gave a perfectly good explanation.

Players have scored goals from free kicks like that for as long as I have been watching football, around 50 years. Their thinking was exactly what Winks' was for this one. Go for the far corner. An attacker may well glance it in if you slightly undercook it. It may well fly in if you get it right, especially with the confusion that the attackers will cause as they go for the ball.

It's intentional in all cases and full credit goes to the free kick taker for their goal or assist.
I think all he meant was to put the ball in the danger area, for something to happen. That it went in was a fluke moment. Its still a good cross though. Its like the one Son 'scored' vs Wolves(or whoever it was very early in the season). Im pretty sure Son wont say he meant score there.

I'll pay his cab fare to the airport, heck I'll throw in the air fare too, if he doesn't mind travelling with the baggage in the hold - as that's where he belongs!
Disgraceful performance today, utter contempt shown to the supporters, his team mates and the Club. We just have to take the hit and accept this was a doo-doo of a signing.

He needs a serious talking to from TFC royalty, Mrs P.... And yes; including being called a doo-doo to his face!

:contepoint:

Yeah he was heavily booed, by all four corners of the ground. It was bad enough that he didn't look arsed from the 1st minute to be out there but a lot of it was him strolling off the pitch and taking his sweet time about it. This was while we were still a goal down and the clock running down. People weren't amused.

Need to get shot of him and his attitude, it can't be good around the squad.
Pretty telling that he is being booed by his own fans. Didn’t look interested at the best of times but since his mates fucked off I think he’s just completely thrown in the towel.

Good riddance, that should be the final nail in the coffin of his spurs career.

Yep. We're not assed about the domestic cups. This is a clear message from Conte about the state of the squad. We're never winning this competition anyway so might as well go out now and try and force the hand of this board.
And at the same time make us even more of a laughing stock. Surely conte knows our history in the cup to not treat it as a ego trip and make sure we lose. I just wish he could actually coach us to play better football other than counter attack. Lots of people might give me stick but his supporters are the same as Jose’s who said he was a winner and we need to support him. Why? Lots of clubs have far less than us but can still play better football. Surely with his pedigree he can’t train, coach motivate an 11 to beat morecombe at home easily. If he can’t then is he really a top coach. I’m fed up with all the apologist making out we are shit. We are not that bad and I’m sure we could play better football than we currently do.

Pretty telling that he is being booed by his own fans. Didn’t look interested at the best of times but since his mates fucked off I think he’s just completely thrown in the towel.

Good riddance, that should be the final nail in the coffin of his spurs career.
Before today I have never booed a Spurs player, I even came to blows with a geezer who was booing Gary Doherty behind me back in the day, I don't feel its productive and players don't deserve it when they are giving their all but simply aren't good enough.

But something snapped in me today, I think it was his "fuck you attitude" to the fans as he strolled off. I felt he was telling us what he felt about the fans and club.

That was his Hossam Ghaly moment

Why ? He is undermining the club by doing that for his own ego rather than for the benefit of the club. He dies t need to keep play his stupid 5 at the back at home to morecombe when he knows full well Doh is useless at either side. What his he proving apart from being a stubborn bastard and only looking after his own skin. Everyone knows Doh is useless at rwb and even worse at LWB. Surely an accademy kid would have been better. Fuming having traveled to the game and then see so much dross with no real game plan other than trying to play wide and cross the ball to no one in the middle.

I do understand your pain and its really not fair to dedicated fans like yourself.

I can only hope that the stubbornness can push ownership into action by revealing an inconvenient truth.

And at the same time make us even more of a laughing stock. Surely conte knows our history in the cup to not treat it as a ego trip and make sure we lose. I just wish he could actually coach us to play better football other than counter attack. Lots of people might give me stick but his supporters are the same as Jose’s who said he was a winner and we need to support him. Why? Lots of clubs have far less than us but can still play better football. Surely with his pedigree he can’t train, coach motivate an 11 to beat morecombe at home easily. If he can’t then is he really a top coach. I’m fed up with all the apologist making out we are shit. We are not that bad and I’m sure we could play better football than we currently do.

You a Jose fan? Football under him got far worse. No shots on target many a game. Under Conte we actually try most of the time, just fall short quality wise. Lots of effort and intent, but we need players. He joined mid season, didn't get a transfer window like Jose did, and in the space of months we've risen up the table and could be one win from top 4. The improvement from Nuno to him has been palpable, but he isn't a magician, he doesn't magic up world class players who fit his vision. Even Klopp struggled and had embarrassing results with Liverpool before he got what he needed.

Not his fault we struggle to play his system because we have one actual CF at the club, shit wing backs, and not a midfielder worth a damn apart from Skipp. Any formation we play we're gonna have issues, if it's 433 we don't have the wingers or midfielders, 4-2-3-1 we don't have a competent 10, 4-4-2? Outdated and again, we don't have the wide players. We play on the counter attack because none of our midfielders can be bothered to create, so we have to rely on turnovers, it's obvious! Watch GLC and Ndombele today, those are the creators. They don't want to play for this club, not even if we hired Pep tomorrow.

'Is he really a top coach' has an obvious answer and it's yes. He won the league comfortably last season, he re-built Juventus, he won the league with Chelsea. If you're already asking this question after months where we've objectively improved then damn, you have zero fucking patience. With Jose the signs of his decline were there before he joined us, and are even more obvious now he's left. I guarantee if we lose Conte he goes straight to another club and wins trophies, because his methods work, they fit the modern game and will function anywhere where he has a semblance of backing.

The things we say to our children to make them happy.
Woolwich losing was the only thing to make my 29 year old son smile today!!
It was just the way he shaped to take the free kick and how truly he struck through the ball that suggested it went exactly where he wanted it end of the day who cares we are one of 14 prem teams that will be playing in the 4th round

Before today I have never booed a Spurs player, I even came to blows with a geezer who was booing Gary Doherty behind me back in the day, I don't feel its productive and players don't deserve it when they are giving their all but simply aren't good enough.

But something snapped in me today, I think it was his "fuck you attitude" to the fans as he strolled off. I felt he was telling us what he felt about the fans and club.

That was his Hossam Ghaly moment
OMG Gary Doherty, I'd forgotten him. A mate of mine used to say that in defence we had "Ledley and Leadlegs". I understood his crticism too - it really was as though his legs were made of lead.

Woolwich losing was the only thing to make my 29 year old son smile today!!
It was just the way he shaped to take the free kick and how truly he struck through the ball that suggested it went exactly where he wanted it end of the day who cares we are one of 14 prem teams that will be playing in the 4th round
Kids grow up so fast.

I think he meant to aim at Dele(or was it Kane near the far post) but mishit it slightly that it curled in. Still it was a good dangerous cross. If he meant it, then even better because then he will be able to do it again and again.

Last edited:
What I did enjoy about today, is the huge number of kids at the game, obviously their first for so many of them.
What I didn't like was the number of pushy parents trying to get players' attention by using their kids to nab a shirt. Also the idiot that ran on the pitch to try and get a shirt too. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to keep it, but you just know that it will be on e-bay tomorrow.
Only one way to stop them, the players must not be allowed to give out shirts to randoms in the crowd.

What I did enjoy about today, is the huge number of kids at the game, obviously their first for so many of them.
What I didn't like was the number of pushy parents trying to get players' attention by using their kids to nab a shirt. Also the idiot that ran on the pitch to try and get a shirt too. I wouldn't mind if they wanted to keep it, but you just know that it will be on e-bay tomorrow.
Only one way to stop them, the players must not be allowed to give out shirts to randoms in the crowd.

I say it over and over but they should donate them to local charities for auction.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom