Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, but he is back in training and we have a shitload of games coming up in the next 4 months, no reason to assume that his legs are gone and that he couldn't play 10+ games for us anymore.

"Assume"...

The club aren't in a position where they need to make blind guesses.

They have actual insight via the player and his medical records.

I accept that speculation is all we fans have, but lets not state it as fact

"Assume"...

The club aren't in a position where they need to make blind guesses.

They have actual insight via the player and his medical records.

I accept that speculation is all we fans have, but lets not state it as fact
Yeah, the club is obviously monitoring the players very closely, but I said "I think he easily would've played another 12-15 matches in all competitions this second half of the season."

Yeah, the club is obviously monitoring the players very closely, but I said "I think he easily would've played another 12-15 matches in all competitions this second half of the season."

I know, but it's baseless and flys in the face of what is broadly accepted as MD's physical deterioration.

FWI, i'd rather keep him, but this is just one of those things where we need to have faith that Poch is making the right call.

I know, but it's baseless and flys in the face of what is broadly accepted as MD's physical deterioration.
Same was said last summer and even before that, yet he started 10 games this season in the league and Champions League (after coming back late from the World Cup), picked up an injury (shit happens) and is now on his way back. I'm very sceptical about the view that he only would've played a few games in this second half of the season, especially since we are still involved in four competitions.

Btw, we are not necessarily selling him because his legs are gone.

Same was said last summer and even before that, yet he started 10 games this season in the league and Champions League (after coming back late from the World Cup), picked up an injury (shit happens) and is now on his way back. I'm very sceptical about the view that he only would've played a few games in this second half of the season, especially since we are still involved in four competitions.

Btw, we are not necessarily selling him because his legs are gone.

Ok, well let's pretend his health is a red herring...

For what reason do you believe he'll be sold then?

Ok, well let's pretend his health is a red herring...

For what reason do you believe he'll be sold then?
There is no official statement that "his health" is the reason anyway, the fact that his contract runs out in a couple of months, that the man himself wants to make a very lucrative move to China (which is understandable and I wish him all the best) and that Spurs can get £10m for him now might have to do something with it as well.

There is no official statement that "his health" is the reason anyway, the fact that his contract runs out in a couple of months, that the man himself wants to make a very lucrative move to China (which is understandable and I wish him all the best) and that Spurs can get £10m for him now might have to do something with it as well.

Correct me if i'm wrong but MD similarly hasnt made an official statement to that effect either...

You not think if Poch thought MD was important to us that we'd be striving to keep him?

I trust those on the front-line are best placed to judge.

Correct me if i'm wrong but MD similarly hasnt made an official statement to that effect either...

You not think if Poch thought MD was important to us that we'd be striving to keep him?

I trust those on the front-line are best placed to judge.
We simply don't know, could be good questions for, let's say, Alasdair Gold to ask, Levy might play a role in it as well.

Dembele wants to go because of that one last big money contract, Levy wants the 10m or so for someone who could go for free in a few months time. Of course the issue of injuries is there, but thats not the primary reason of selling.

For example Toby's 25m clause which extended his contract is not there so that he stays with us till summer 2020. Its there to get money out of selling him when we need to instead of him leaving on a free this summer.

Dembele himself said he wanted to say. But he wanted a 3 year deal and we only wanted to offer him a year extention.

Get money for him. Let him dominate a shit league. We move on. Thanks for the memories.

12-15 matches assuming he doesn't get injured again, and this is the problem.
He can probably start that many matches when he returns to fitness, but the likelihood of him getting injured again and missing the rest of the season, is pretty high.

Yeah to be fair, the cover we've had for the past two months has been absolutely shit.

Short termism.

We were resilient on Tuesday and had to bring on an 18 year old.

I think you are too much sunshine at times.

Plan for rain. We have Dembele for now. His presence in our squad securing us a top 4 slot or better is worth more than 10 million quid.

If we sell we must buy someone who can add sonething right here right now.

Short termism.

We were resilient on Tuesday and had to bring on an 18 year old.

I think you are too much sunshine at times.

Plan for rain. We have Dembele for now. His presence in our squad securing us a top 4 slot or better is worth more than 10 million quid.

If we sell we must buy someone who can add sonething right here right now.

Having Dembele wasting money whilst he sits at home with a glass hip isn't helping us get top four.

We will get top four, with ease, because we have a great squad, great depth, a great starting eleven and a team that is capable of getting through a season, or a busy run of games, without one player.

Back
Top Bottom