Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems so rare we get to say a proper goodbye to our hero's....

Missing you already Moussa.

giphy.gif

There have been many but that Juve game I think was Mousa's best. He ended Khedira career.

I would have to agree.

His stats from that game are out of this world. I think with Dembele he doesn't tend to have WORLD CLASS games, he just controls and dominates midfield. But that night he was fucking world class. They really did a number on him at Wembley.

I would have to agree.

His stats from that game are out of this world. I think with Dembele he doesn't tend to have WORLD CLASS games, he just controls and dominates midfield. But that night he was fucking world class. They really did a number on him at Wembley.
I can't remember too much of that game and how he played, just that we were robbed by the worst team on the night.

I can't remember too much of that game and how he played, just that we were robbed by the worst team on the night.

They put two men on him and completely nullified him.

But yeah, agree on the whole. We should have got through that night.

One of the main privileges of going to games live. I was too young to do it to Hoddle and Gazza if I'm honest, although have spent many an hour rewatching video. But my favourite players to watch on there own have been Modric, Ledley, Alderwierled, Vertonghen, Berba, Dele, Eriksen and Kane, safe to say I'm obsessed with how they play. Then time for me to feel a bit dirty but both Van Persie and Bergkamp I have to admit I was fixated on how they played.............*stabs self in the face with a pencil.

A player that I have an increasing interest with is Winks, I don't know why but I guess it's born out of the fact I so want him to become a truly great midfielder but I see flaws in his game. But those flaws I think are being addressed. Haven't done it yet but sense Skipp will be the full Guido treatment soon.

I think Winks, with time and Poch ‘s coaching could be right up there with Gazza or Dave Mackay
I can’t praise him higher than that

Different player to Hodd and is by no means the finished article yet but a great future ahead of him

Love his attitude

Yup... Only the emotional bruises and a sense of "Juve are cunts" remains.
It's funny I have no animosity towards them at all. They are still a massive club, bigger than us, but every single year we've narrowed the gap to them (at European level, not domestic as there is a different dynamic at play), they aren't getting any bigger, more dominant and little old Tottenham is competing with them both on and off the pitch.

My pet hate is having it quoted that Alegri played a masterclass, utter bollocks did he. No more than OGS did at the weekend, they got lucky (just as we have on occasion) but hate the dishonest dialogue that surrounds games like that.

I think Winks, with time and Poch ‘s coaching could be right up there with Gazza or Dave Mackay

Different player to Hodd and is by no means the finished article yet but a great future ahead of him

Love his attitude

The fundamentals and the work ethic are clearly there...

Considering his age, disrupted life as a senior thus far and the chopping and changing of his role; I think the kid's fantastic... Get a proper DM alongside him, a stable role and a run of games and watch him blossom.

The fundamentals and the work ethic are clearly there...

Considering his age, disrupted life as a senior thus far and the chopping and changing of his role; I think the kid's fantastic... Get a proper DM alongside him, a stable role and a run of games and watch him blossom.

And he has another Mousa to look up to!

It's funny I have no animosity towards them at all. They are still a massive club, bigger than us, but every single year we've narrowed the gap to them (at European level, not domestic as there is a different dynamic at play), they aren't getting any bigger, more dominant and little old Tottenham is competing with them both on and off the pitch.

My pet hate is having it quoted that Alegri played a masterclass, utter bollocks did he. No more than OGS did at the weekend, they got lucky (just as we have on occasion) but hate the dishonest dialogue that surrounds games like that.

I don't resent their size... Just found them to be a class-less bunch of shit-houses. Then again, I felt that of them anyway...

Then the pity us/Buffon shit that followed in the tie against RM.

Fuck Juve.

Love his attitude
He's really, really good to watch at his best when playing with purpose and a high tempo IMO. I've been critical of his work off the ball, but against Chelsea and Utd he shut me up. It's only two games but can't tell you how much he impressed me without the ball in those two games. His attitude IMO is the difference between an academy product and not. That tiny unquantifiable difference, to run just that be further, just one more sprint than the other fella, just one more block or tackle.

I've no idea how far he will go, it's basically up to his mental approach to the game that will determine that I think. But Tottenham has a player, whether he will be a future legend only he can determine that.

And he has another Mousa to look up to!

Doesn't everyone?

moussasissoko2609.jpg

Curious to see how we line-up when we finally get Dier back too... I don't think we've ever played Sissoko as a pure DM... Which might end up meaning Dier + Sissoko OR Winks.

I don't resent their size... Just found them to be a class-less bunch of shit-houses. Then again, I felt that of them anyway...

Then the pity us/Buffon shit that followed in the tie against RM.

Fuck Juve.
The Bonuchi quotes were all manipulated by the media, a whole post-match interview cut and spliced to be presented to suit a narrative.

Their ethics as a club I completely agree, they are cheats, simple as that.

Gutted, will really miss him. I think the opposition genuinely feared him in midfield. But, as has been said, injuries and lack of game time makes this a good move for him and the Club.

Also, think the .... Ohhhhh Mousssaaa Dembeleeeeee. Sang on full bore from the crowd made the hairs stand up.

Surely this will get a run out during the Fulham match on a Sunday. The away following will definitely bust this one out one last time

Love his attitude

I think every supporter of every team has a player they really don't like, and Winks is mine. Can't score, doesn't make goals, no good defensively. Yep, he holds up the ball when we are 1-0 up with five minutes to go, BIG DEAL. To be honest, I hardly even notice him when he plays. Believe me, he will end up at Watford or such like in the next few seasons. He may as well change his name to Bentaleb, and go the whole hog.

Dembele was a terrific player for us, and his presence on the pitch. Tackling, passing, and breaking up attacks, the man was terrific. We now find ourselves almost without mid field options, but I bet we do nothing about it.

Back
Top Bottom