Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

C8OysINUQAAQLDC.jpg

Good luck Moose

This is the beginning of the break up of our great side which in recent years has played so well without the rewards it's deserved. Sad really

Doesn't everyone?

moussasissoko2609.jpg

Curious to see how we line-up when we finally get Dier back too... I don't think we've ever played Sissoko as a pure DM... Which might end up meaning Dier + Sissoko OR Winks.

He filled in at FB once and did ok

Only registered -9 on bus-conductor’s ratings

:pochrolleyes:

I think every supporter of every team has a player they really don't like, and Winks is mine. Can't score, doesn't make goals, no good defensively. Yep, he holds up the ball when we are 1-0 up with five minutes to go, BIG DEAL. To be honest, I hardly even notice him when he plays. Believe me, he will end up at Watford or such like in the next few seasons. He may as well change his name to Bentaleb, and go the whole hog.

Dembele was a terrific player for us, and his presence on the pitch. Tackling, passing, and breaking up attacks, the man was terrific. We now find ourselves almost without mid field options, but I bet we do nothing about it.

I agree with you about Dembele

Full stop!

I think every supporter of every team has a player they really don't like, and Winks is mine. Can't score, doesn't make goals, no good defensively. Yep, he holds up the ball when we are 1-0 up with five minutes to go, BIG DEAL. To be honest, I hardly even notice him when he plays. Believe me, he will end up at Watford or such like in the next few seasons. He may as well change his name to Bentaleb, and go the whole hog.

Dembele was a terrific player for us, and his presence on the pitch. Tackling, passing, and breaking up attacks, the man was terrific. We now find ourselves almost without mid field options, but I bet we do nothing about it.
I like Winks because he's a yid. But I tend to agree that he's not a championship-winning player. A good squad player, but not someone who wins you a title (Dembele was that player). Winks is good at what he does but doesn't do enough for me. Physically not imposing enough. Can't do much in the final third. For me you need a central midfielder who can do it all and Winks isn't that player.

Finally got round to watching the video on the OS as well as some footage from previous games. He’s been immense. His goal at Lyon is probably my favourite. Hope he comes back to see NWHL and the club. Love a bit of Mousa. Oh Dembele bam ber lam...

You know that thing where you're at the game, or sometimes watching at home, where you put your hands above your head and sort of go 'whoooooooah' in a manner akin to :adewtf:

I can't think of a player who's made me do that more in the last few years than Dembele. I will really miss him.

Ryan Mason (who I love) getting injured early is the reason why we smashed the chavs 5-3 which really kick started us under Poch. No Dembele that night never happens.

Dembele x prime Sandro
Dembele x Wanyama

Dominated every CM pairing they came up against. Never did we lose a game in midfield.

Legend.

Nothing like him.

Street footballer who went pro and made it to the highest level.

What a shame he wasn't at a younger age when Poch arrived.

Is he fit to play now? If so why wasn't he sold in the summer? He could play 70mins every 2 weeks....

Good luck Mousa, irreplaceable player. Winks, Sissoko or Dier are no where near you.

Last edited:
He was overrated, had a real attitude problem at times and never lived up to what his true potential could have been, never really integrated, will not be missed.....

Sorry, I read out the Bentaleb obituary by mistake, apologies
:pochbye:

Note: Joke stolen from Chris Morris from late 90s

Gutted, It was obvious he was off but the fact he didn't get a final hurrah saddens me.

Watching the video with Jan did bring a year to my eye.

Truly unbelievable player, I thought he would retire here.

Good luck mate, hope you do well.

Very sad to see Moose leave, when fit he was the best box to box player in Europe. Skill, strength, ability all in one package. Such a shame about his constant injury troubles and I think this is the right move for him and us at the right time. I dont see anyone around as a replacement :(

Back
Top Bottom