Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

gibbs131 said:
its a bit ironic that I'm being told I'm a mug after Joe posted this about Dembele:

"OK, l think we're being mugged off. Most overrated player of all time. Played in every position, no fucking good in any of them. He doesn't know what to with the football when he gets it. Oh, l forgot, poke it at the keeper and hope it goes in, then fuck up. I don't mind what others say, l think he makes us look shit. Oh, but his close control was so excellent against LOL. Bollocks, sell him to some mugs, and get a ruthless player in. We'll always be 5th best while jokers like him are around."

Ha ha that was a joke directed at you, and quote properly.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah right.

It was a drunken rant. Another weekend Joe melt after he did another Kane/foot in mouth style where I backed a player and he did the opposite.

Nobody got it because it tied in with his previous anti Dembele posts.

What is so funny about calling Dembele a gutless twat? He said he didn't care what others thought etc. he reiterated his claim twice.

It wasn't an off the cuff Joke.

He just sobered up, saw the torrent of disagrees and backtracked.

Joke??? He ALREADY SAID he kills us. He said he does not put in the tackles etc. this is in line with his anti Dembele attacks.

He watched his opinion go down in flames. Imagine you wrote off Kane, Lamela, Mason's attacking and Dembele? So many goals. Haha.

Suuuch a big joke. Nobody laughed because it was spiteful vitriol aimed at a great servant to the club.

Loads of disagrees to his vomit backs me up.

Last edited:
Have a feeling that Dembele will be immensely important against Chelsea.

I hope we play him in the three.

I fear their defense will crowd out Kane unless we put some oomf next to him. I think we are wasting his talent as a holding midfielder.

Hopefully Mason and Dier will be the holding players.

I'm good with Mason further forward though.

Yeah right.

It was a drunken rant. Another weekend Joe melt after he did another Kane/foot in mouth style where I backed a player and he did the opposite.

Nobody got it because it tied in with his previous anti Dembele posts.

What is so funny about calling Dembele a gutless twat? He said he didn't care what others thought etc. he reiterated his claim twice.

It wasn't an off the cuff Joke.

He just sobered up, saw the torrent of disagrees and backtracked.

Joke??? He ALREADY SAID he kills us. He said he does not put in the tackles etc. this is in line with his anti Dembele attacks.

He watched his opinion go down in flames. Imagine you wrote off Kane, Lamela, Mason's attacking and Dembele? So many goals. Haha.

Suuuch a big joke. Nobody laughed because it was spiteful vitriol aimed at a great servant to the club.

Loads of disagrees to his vomit backs me up.

You can't win gibbins. You didn't get the joke. It's quite obvious that more than a few people value my opinion over yours when it comes to Dembele.

I fear their defense will crowd out Kane unless we put some oomf next to him. I think we are wasting his talent as a holding midfielder.

Hopefully Mason and Dier will be the holding players.

I'm good with Mason further forward though.

My first thought would be to play Son, Eriksen, Lamela with Dembele next to Dier. I can see him being playing in the three though.

EDIT: Seeing as I completely missed Lamela being injured I would say that Dembele in the 3 would make the most sense.

Last edited:
I think we are wasting his talent as a holding midfielder.

Why would playing him behind the three be a waste of his talent though? He's had some of his best games in a Spurs shirt playing there and has had big impacts on games.

That spot allows him to boss the midfield with his physicality and ball control and frees up our more creative players to focus on being incisive when we attack as a unit.

My first thought would be to play Son, Eriksen, Lamela with Dembele next to Dier. I can see him being playing in the three though.

At home against lower teams (sic) I'm good with that. But whoever will be on the wing be it Lamela and Eriksen and to some extent Son against their trickier players could be a bit too much for Rose and Walker IMO.

I still think we can beat them with that three. I just don't think it will do our defensive players any favors.

Take away Alli's pace and endless running will leave Eriksen with more gaps to fill.

Dembele and Dier lacks that little extra Alli pace, so do Lamela and Etiksen.

I'm from the school where you leave them as few options as possible.

Eriksen and Rose
Lamela Walker

Potential disasters waiting to happen and Dier and Dembele may not have the pace to close up shop.

If we are going to be slower without Alli, I'd rather us up the needle to offset it.

Mason Dier, Dembele and Kane will be enough of a pain in the arse to keep them from getting settled on the ball. Pressing as a team from the front to back.

I'm still disappointed Poch didn't take off Alli when it was obvious West Ham were given the instructions to incite us hoping for a red, a pen, a yellow etc.

I'm hoping Bentaleb is fit too. I think Dembele can fit In for Dier because they have the same pace.

Agsinst Liverpool dembele was MOTM as a holding midfielder. But we needed him in the final third as not a lot was sticking. We drew and I thought we were the better team.

Potentially Eriksen, Lamela and Son will struggle holding up the ball in the final third. With Kane being double marked its not ideal.

I don't want them to score a single goal. The very last thing I want is for us to be the springboard they needed to lift their season.

Eriksen and Rose makes me nervous. Lamela and Walker makes me nervous.

Son and Rose is a bit better
Dembele and Walker is rock solid.

Put Eriksen between them to dictate and watch Dembele and Kane steamroll those creaking fuckers.

Again set pieces could be key. I think Dembele will draw more fouls than Lamela. I think he'll get to the goal line more often than Lamela and will also retain possession more in the final third resulting in corners.

Lamela for me is perfect for other games when Eriksen son or Dembele need breaks. He will be more suited than Dembele against some opponents with good cardio etc. just not this one

I Want Dembele to target that racist lanky peice of shit and embarrass him.

Last edited:
At home against lower teams (sic) I'm good with that. But whoever will be on the wing be it Lamela and Eriksen and to some extent Son against their trickier players could be a bit too much for Rose and Walker IMO.

I still think we can beat them with that three. I just don't think it will do our defensive players any favors.

Take away Alli's pace and endless running will leave Eriksen with more gaps to fill.

Dembele and Dier lacks that little extra Alli pace, so do Lamela and Etiksen.

I'm from the school where you leave them as few options as possible.

Eriksen and Rose
Lamela Walker

Potential disasters waiting to happen and Dier and Dembele may not have the pace to close up shop.

If we are going to be slower without Alli, I'd rather us up the needle to offset it.

Mason Dier, Dembele and Kane will be enough of a pain in the arse to keep them from getting settled on the ball. Pressing as a team from the front to back.

I'm still disappointed Poch didn't take off Alli when it was obvious West Ham were given the instructions to incite us hoping for a red, a pen, a yellow etc.

I'm hoping Bentaleb is fit too. I think Dembele can fit In for Dier because they have the same pace.

Agsinst Liverpool dembele was MOTM as a holding midfielder. But we needed him in the final third as not a lot was sticking. We drew and I thought we were the better team.

Potentially Eriksen, Lamela and Son will struggle holding up the ball in the final third. With Kane being double marked its not ideal.

I don't want them to score a single goal. The very last thing I want is for us to be the springboard they needed to lift their season.

Eriksen and Rose makes me nervous. Lamela and Walker makes me nervous.

Son and Rose is a bit better
Dembele and Walker is rock solid.

Put Eriksen between them to dictate and watch Dembele and Kane steamroll those creaking fuckers.

Again set pieces could be key. I think Dembele will draw more fouls than Lamela. I think he'll get to the goal line more often than Lamela and will also retain possession more in the final third resulting in corners.

Lamela for me is perfect for other games when Eriksen son or Dembele need breaks. He will be more suited than Dembele against some opponents with good cardio etc. just not this one

I Dembele to target that racist lanky peice of shit and embarrass him.

A lot in there man.

Bentaleb won't start even if he's healthy. Guess I missed that Lamela is injured, but yeah, he's still not fit. So probably won't see him get a start either. Eriksen, Son, Dembele will be our top 3 more than likely. Mason next to Dier. Carroll on for Mason at some point after how he played against Qarabag wouldn't surprise me in the least. Looked quite good and definitely gave us that change we needed.

Why would playing him behind the three be a waste of his talent though? He's had some of his best games in a Spurs shirt playing there and has had big impacts on games.

That spot allows him to boss the midfield with his physicality and ball control and frees up our more creative players to focus on being incisive when we attack as a unit.

Don't you want to see Dembele take on Terry?

Dembele has scored a few recently. Poch imo risks ruining the momentum Dembele had just when he was getting into the habit of scoring.

Why drag him back when he was scoring and being involved in goal buildup?

Mason can hold. I'd much rather Dembele tangle with Terry than Lamela.

Dembele STILL had plenty of presence for us in the final third. We hold the ball up longer in the final third when he's played there.

Lamela has age on his side. I want prime a Dembele to be on the attack.

Don't you want to see Dembele take on Terry?

Dembele has scored a few recently. Poch imo risks ruining the momentum Dembele had just when he was getting into the habit of scoring.

Why drag him back when he was scoring and being involved in goal buildup?

Mason can hold. I'd much rather Dembele tangle with Terry than Lamela.

Dembele STILL had plenty of presence for us in the final third. We hold the ball up longer in the final third when he's played there.

Lamela has age on his side. I want prime a Dembele to be on the attack.

Ha ha. I'm the one who backed Mason. You included him in your tiny dancer diatribe. You are such a liar gibbins, you should be shot.

No rest for the wicked, eh?
I suppose not. I'm a Tottenham fan, I have been since I was a 7 year old kid. I go to games with my friends, and enjoy a pre and post match beer when we talk about all things Tottenham. I'm now arguing with the likes of you and gibbins - neither of whom has ever been to a game. Dig the new breed - forgive me if I don't fall in love with you. I'll pass thanks. Take it, take everything you ra ra cowboy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom