Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just went back a couple dozen pages to read comments that many people, including myself, were making about Dembele. So happy to see how I was wrong about him and how he has thrived this year and it is really just amazing how integral he has become to the team. He went from expendable in the squad to a vital component of our upcoming matches.

Yeh amazing just how important he has become, fantastic player for us now. I think Lamela has also upped his game the same way.

Just went back a couple dozen pages to read comments that many people, including myself, were making about Dembele. So happy to see how I was wrong about him and how he has thrived this year and it is really just amazing how integral he has become to the team. He went from expendable in the squad to a vital component of our upcoming matches.

Kudos to Dembele for coming back this season as a different player. It looked dim for awhile. I'm not sure what was said between him and Poch, but whatever Poch said to him Dembele bought in.

He did a great job of shedding weight in the offseason and coming into this season in excellent shape.

League injury history of football player Moussa Dembele from August 2002 to the present day.

Moussa Dembele Injury History
Injury Club Date Injury Reported
Groin/Pelvis Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 December 28th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 December 26th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 December 7th
Calf/Shin Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 November 8th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 August 29th
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2015 May 1st
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 September 21st
Calf/Shin Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 June 26th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 April 22nd
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 April 1st
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 March 23rd
Hamstring Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 March 5th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 February 12th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2014 January 29th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 December 22nd
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 December 1st
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 October 9th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 September 19th
Ankle/Foot Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 August 10th
Illness Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 May 30th
Hamstring Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 May 4th
Hamstring Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 April 27th
Knee Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 March 3rd
Calf/Shin Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2013 February 9th
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2012 December 26th
Hip/Thigh Injury Tottenham Hotspur Injuries 2012 October 16th
Hamstring Injury Fulham Injuries 2012 May 1st
Hip/Thigh Injury Fulham Injuries 2012 January 14th
Ankle/Foot Injury Fulham Injuries 2010 November 26th
Hip/Thigh Injury Fulham Injuries 2010 October 17th
Ankle/Foot Injury Fulham Injuries

I don't know how often your average player gets injured but it seems a lot to me. New sick note?

I can remember than Mousa was on verge of leaving us in the summer. Anybody knows why it didn't happen? I mean did Pochettino say that he wants him to stay, or Levy was greedy enough not to let him go for the right price?

I can remember than Mousa was on verge of leaving us in the summer. Anybody knows why it didn't happen? I mean did Pochettino say that he wants him to stay, or Levy was greedy enough not to let him go for the right price?
Think I remember reading he had talks with poch about wanting playing time to show what he could do, don't remember him being close to leaving tho? In fact I kinda remember him saying he never wanted to leave

Brilliant performance today. Easily the best footballer on the pitch and should have been awarded the man of the match award. So important to the team and we'll get top four if he starts every game from now until the end of the season. Of course with his injury problems, this is probably not going to happen but on the teamsheet every time he is fit please.

Agree, when he is in the team we look more solid in the middle, strong as an ox and after yesterday seems to have a better idea what to with the ball around the opposition penalty area.

He seems to be emerging as the player we all hoped he could be

Hope he stays fit

League injury history of football player Moussa Dembele from August 2002 to the present day.

I don't know how often your average player gets injured but it seems a lot to me. New sick note?

Since 2002 ?? I should think he was still sucking his mums tit then.. It is normal to suck your mums tit at 14 isn't it??? Please say yes..

Said it before and I'll say it again, when Dembele plays, Tottenham play well. He is the rock of the team, he works back to win the ball, he supports the front line, he can hold the ball up and always offers a ball out from defence. Rarely misplaces a pace and never loses it.. Like I said before.. Dembele on the ball, gets hit by a bus, retains possession

He could shag my missus better than me!

Always had it in him, which is what made him so frustrating in years gone by because we all knew what he was capable of.

Every time he comes back from an injury this year, I worry he will revert to his old self, but he keeps on proving me wrong.

A joy to watch and has become one of most important players. All credit to him for turning it around - in the summer, I wanted one more season out of him to show what he could do and he's done it.

Like SawboSpur1882 SawboSpur1882 said, every game i think he'll be back to his previous low risk style of play, but time and time again he tries to get forward, bullies whoever has the misfortune of having to play him and helps out the defence with crucial tackles and blocks when needed.

He's become a complete midfield player, and adding a few goals to his tally can only help him grow.
All his injuries are apparently linked to one problem, his hips. He has an unbalance in his hips and that is known to cause constant issues with calves and ankles. Also his style of play if very demanding, he gets hit hard about 10 times a game because he is always so close to the ball, because he has such enormous upper body strenght players barge into him constantly but he takes em all on. Funniest tackle he ever conceded was one from Hazard, who injured himself in the proces. Vertonghen and Dembele were mocking him after that, Verts saying he never ever tackles Dembele in training just because he knows he'll hurt himself in the proces. Kompany once said its like walking into a brick wall, you get hurt and he doesnt move an inch.

I think they realised at the last minute they'd been confusing him with Capoue all this time!!!

It's strange that a player re-discovers the reason we signed him in the first place whilst still with us!
Usually they have to leave first, and then we're left regretting it and asking "Why couldn't he do that with us???"
Well the Moose can, and he is!

I just wanted to say how much I love Dembele and how he's been playing this season. I know most in this thread have been saying it and I've clicked agree a few times for you all but I just wanted to put it out there that I think he is easily our most important player for us this season and I say that knowing deep down, I would suck Harry Kane's cock is he asked me to and I've never had a gay thought in my life.

I really hope Dembele knows how much we all appreciate what he's done this season so far and long may it continue. Please stay fit Moose and I hope Dan Levy offers you a contract for life.

That's some serious time consuming research Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante
...are you sure you have a day job... Carl Bridge??????

Back
Top Bottom