Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sentimentality is nice to an extent.

Some players deserve it more than others. Dembele being one and if the mooted move is right for him that's as it is.

As a club though and one that talks of ambition we need to pre-empt such things and ensure we have adequate cover.

Pochettino is excelling but to say we will only go for players that will improve us once identified is getting daft. Maybe we need to look beyond earth.

I feel like it’s a bit weird having a ‘favourite player’ as an adult, but Dembele has absolutely been mine for the last few years. When fit he has been an absolute giant for us. Strong, skilful, snide. One of the best midfielders we’ve had in the last 10 years, I for one will miss him hugely, but his body doesn’t work any more.

That tackle on Ramos will stay with me till I die

Thanks for the memories Moose

One of the top 5 players I've seen at spurs in the last 2 decades . Was our best player in 15/16 . Might even switch on some chinese league game sometime just to watch him play.

I say good on him for getting a big bumper pay day and securing a decent fee for us to reinvest. Hopefully all parties will be happy and he will be invited back at some point in the future.

Kept his head down and just got on with business even though injuries got the better of him. A shining example of how to go about a career as a professional footballer.

For me on this one you have played another blinder.

I say good on him for getting a big bumper pay day and securing a decent fee for us to reinvest. Hopefully all parties will be happy and he will be invited back at some point in the future.

Kept his head down and just got on with business even though injuries got the better of him. A shining example of how to go about a career as a professional footballer.

For me on this one you have played another blinder.
That is is true. We can be annoyed with the club about why they are selling him, but he knows he is near the end of his career and wants a shitload of money before it ends. Its most likely his own choice to go and Levy never has a hard time accepting money. Best for all parties involved.

DwjSiEhW0AAbF6c.jpg

If we don't replace him it's still a really poor and reckless decision though. It's not like he's been awful when he has played this season.
But we've won more games without him than with him...and how the fuck do we find a direct replacement with his skills in January?

But we've won more games without him than with him...and how the fuck do we find a direct replacement with his skills in January?
We kind of knew he was restricted in the number of games he could play. And when his contract was due to end

I think we should have or ought to have a contingency plan. It’s not as if this has come out of the blue to anyone.

I’d have kept him in cotton wool, if only for the games where we need experience, steel & control- his skill set basically.

But it is what it is. I wish him all the best and a happy finale to his career. One of my favourite players to watch over the past few seasons.

Magician.

You might be right, but in that case why weaken the squad for the sake of 11 million? Pointless. You can't tell me if we were a goal up in a big game in the final 10 mins you'd be more comfortable with Skippy coming on than Dembele?

Back
Top Bottom