Mousa Dembélé

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Having Dembele wasting money whilst he sits at home with a glass hip isn't helping us get top four.

We will get top four, with ease, because we have a great squad, great depth, a great starting eleven and a team that is capable of getting through a season, or a busy run of games, without one player.

I love your optimism. It takes more than that though. Like central midfield depth.

7 players for 3 positions. Based on playing 433.

A whopping 7 players for 2 positions if we decide to play 4231 again.

No depth though. People love to moan about the club. I get it.

And some just see blue sky. Hope you are right.

Hardly moaning. I think I am stating the risk in letting Dembele leave without cover.

And we have 7 players for 3 places.

But yeah, let's complain about a lack of depth when getting rid of a crock who hasn't made our bench for 2 months.

We're currently making the most of Poch's magic in getting the most out of squad players and almost running players into the ground. It's not sustainable or a preferred method which Poch knows.

If top 4 is the best we hope to achieve this season then fine we have enough. Don't then wonder why someone like Eriksen considers leaving though.

And some just see blue sky. Hope you are right.

Hardly moaning. I think I am stating the risk in letting Dembele leave without cover.
Some guys take pride in not spending and have become anti spend because they want to be different and do it the hard way for bragging rights.
Lame as fuck

dembele-paulinho-spurs.jpg

Magnet foot this mofo was. Only gripe with him was he got out of depth anywhere near the oppos area. You weren't bullying him in the centre of the park though.
Good servant.
Costa eye poke

Was such a good player for us especially in the last 2 or 3 years.

Sissoko has done really well this season but Dembele was a complete level above.

The guy controlled the middle of the park whereas Sissoko mostly disrupts, although he obviously adds drive which we will miss for however long he is out.

But of Dembele, nigh on incomparable in how he received, glided and controlled and yet like Davids was able at times to track back and intercept.

You don't replace players like Dembele with like for like swaps as opposed to buying players who can do bits of what the bloke did.

Quality.

There was a time when something like this would result in hate towards a player for the rest of their career. Stand up Paul Ince.

Funny how fans are more pragmatic now.

Might have been a bit more respectful if the deal was announced and then we saw the pictures, but too late now, aiming this at the Spurs PR department who are Stasi like at times and utterly inept at other times

Back
Top Bottom