Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I opened this thread with trepidation fearing Levy had taken advantage of our lack of Head Coach to sign Sissoko to a new 4-year extension.
Fortunately, the news is good.
For once, Sissoko is saying ALL THE RIGHT THINGS.
:king:

I know that wages might be an issue but there are managers out there- Jose and Deschamps- that rate him so surely we can find one other guy that also rates him and is willing to take him on.

He seems to be popular in the dressing so maybe we can convince a French side that he is a good addition to their squad as a veteran mentor to some of their up coming guys.

Maybe include him in a deal for another player, say Eduardo Camavinga, so that it makes it easier for them to take him back/us to pretend like he helped with the valuation of the guy coming back here.

Just want to see him gone, and I stupidly hoped that when I first saw this bumped there may have been some news of him going somewhere.

I know that wages might be an issue but there are managers out there- Jose and Deschamps- that rate him so surely we can find one other guy that also rates him and is willing to take him on.

He seems to be popular in the dressing so maybe we can convince a French side that he is a good addition to their squad as a veteran mentor to some of their up coming guys.

Maybe include him in a deal for another player, say Eduardo Camavinga, so that it makes it easier for them to take him back/us to pretend like he helped with the valuation of the guy coming back here.

Just want to see him gone, and I stupidly hoped that when I first saw this bumped there may have been some news of him going somewhere.
Jose rates him....what makes you say that. Jose rates Kane tolerates Son and hates everything else associated with TottenhamHotspur football club as all Chelsea do. Sissoko just makes him laugh that evil laugh

Jose rates him....what makes you say that. Jose rates Kane tolerates Son and hates everything else associated with TottenhamHotspur football club as all Chelsea do. Sissoko just makes him laugh that evil laugh

He started him all the time at the start of the season when he was playing the style that he preferred and played him a ton the year before.

Sissoko also fits in with the negative football that Jose loves. He doesn't have to tell Sissoko to give up possession and not try to advance the ball, Sissoko does that naturally.

He is nowhere near as bad as some have said but I'll shed no tears if he leaves.

“This is my 5th year at the club and I have had some very good moments. Now, I am a person who does not close any doors. If a new challenge presents itself, we will see what I do. But today, I do not close any doors concerning my future, because as I said, it was a difficult year for me at the club. I also want to see what the club will decide. Maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, it is time to go elsewhere.” Or maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, we absolutely want you to stay.” In any case, I am open to all propositions today because I have experienced quite a difficult year. I want to play football. I am happiest when I am on the pitch. I will soon be 32 so I am closer to the end than the beginning of my career. What I want, is to continue to play, and enjoy myself. So I am not saying that I absolutely want to leave Tottenham. I feel good over there, I have had good moments and I feel good with the fans and my teammates, who I get on well with. We will speak with the club and we will take a decision at that moment.”

The hate on sissoko as a person isn’t fair. He tries hard mostly (he’s old now and doesn’t quite have the work rate).

He sucks at football and is not a smart player. Blame the people that bought him and expected otherwise.

He is nowhere near as bad as some have said but I'll shed no tears if he leaves.

“This is my 5th year at the club and I have had some very good moments. Now, I am a person who does not close any doors. If a new challenge presents itself, we will see what I do. But today, I do not close any doors concerning my future, because as I said, it was a difficult year for me at the club. I also want to see what the club will decide. Maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, it is time to go elsewhere.” Or maybe they will say to me: “Moussa, we absolutely want you to stay.” In any case, I am open to all propositions today because I have experienced quite a difficult year. I want to play football. I am happiest when I am on the pitch. I will soon be 32 so I am closer to the end than the beginning of my career. What I want, is to continue to play, and enjoy myself. So I am not saying that I absolutely want to leave Tottenham. I feel good over there, I have had good moments and I feel good with the fans and my teammates, who I get on well with. We will speak with the club and we will take a decision at that moment.”

One human cannonball coming right up.

He has outstayed his welcome, although for some, that was from day one! ;)
Quite right Mrs P and I was one of those from Day 1!!!

I’ve written it numerous times on this thread but once more in the hope that it’s enough to see him go: no room or excuse for personal stuff/hatred/abuse. I’d never boo the fella or even contemplate anything worse.

However, from day 1 it was obvious we hadn’t bought a footballer. Instead we’d bought an athlete. Ok for some teams but not ours. I’m not saying we’re in any way special (esp not fucking recently). It’s just that Moussa wasn’t and isn’t a footballer in the Tottenham Hotspur mold. First touch of a brick wall, can’t pass from A to B under zero pressure, inexplicably for a tall man, can’t head the ball. Let’s not try to remember his shooting. No wonder Mourinho liked him.

Now it transpires he’s on almost £100k a week for the next two years...if we can’t shift him..😬

The hate on sissoko as a person isn’t fair. He tries hard mostly (he’s old now and doesn’t quite have the work rate).

He sucks at football and is not a smart player. Blame the people that bought him and expected otherwise.
He has never had the work rate. He makes the odd lung bursting run but the amount of times he lets his runner go because he cant be bothered is ridiculous. He cant even be bothered to jump for headers.

He is genuinely one of the worst footballers I have ever seen

Last edited:

"... I feel good with the fans..."

Something is not right here. It must be him enjoying us suffering, or Levy sending him and his deluded teammates fake fan letters telling how good they are. The level of delusion and lack of awareness among our deadwood is abnormal.

:balesnarl:

No-one is matching this steaming shits wages. We will have to pay him 5M or so to offset the wage drop, Levy probably expects he will get a fee 😂 Will almost certainly be here next year along with all the deadwood

Back
Top Bottom