Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

30m I haven’t got a problem with as we sold Townsend and Yedlin the other way so I bet in reality there wasn’t much cash moving. £95k a week might well be a contributing factor in other squad players looking at their own wages.

It’s not Sissokos fault, we knew what we were buying.

While he’s a spurs player I will support him but away at Leicester my patience was wearing thin.

Hope he scores a worldy after running through the whole Newcastle midfield

Sissoko is a semi-useful squad player and i like him for that. He’s athletic and relentless. We will always use those qualities.

His wages and the transfer fee are someone else’s fault.

As long as he's willing to do the hard work, run through brick walls for the team and there is a mutual trust between him and Pochettino - why not have him as a squad player?

It's a strange mentality that some fans have when they constantly bash certain players and want rid of them from the club when they haven't done anything wrong or bashed the club in public.

Right now I feel most comfortable with him at CM. Quite dire our situation there. Dembele is not the one we saw up until half a year ago and Winks right now does not do a lot. At least Sissoko has some drive and presence.

I hate to admit it but my second least favourite player at the moment. I thought that he would fit in better this season but apart from giving every effort, don't think he adds much to the team, a useful squad player but not much more than that. He wouldn't get into my first team if everyone is available.

I have never seen Sissoko as anything than just a meme.

He can miss an open goal from 2 yard and I wouldn't even be mad at him.

My expectation of him are so low that if he managed to pass a 10 yard pass accurately it feels like he just scored a hattrick.

He’s a fucking pudding. Anyone still supporting this chap needs to wobble their head. No control over a Football whatsoever. I can’t quote directly but Joe Clash likened him to a riderless racehorse (or something like that)
Spot on still. The lad couldn’t trap his own wind.
Even on today’s market, £30 million is a lot for a cart horse. I shit you not. I would have scored either first time or definitely the rebound. And my highest level ever was Sunday league, I’m fat & fucking elderly and whilst I couldn’t run up and down a pitch for 90 mins without emptying the contents of my guts, I would have scored that sitter that was the rebound. No doubt. The bloke is a clown.

He played well against Burnley - very well in fact, aside from not taking his chance when through. At least unlike Son he hit the target though!

Look, no way has he justified a 30 million outlay but in that shirt he is one of ours.

Period.

As long as he's willing to do the hard work, run through brick walls for the team and there is a mutual trust between him and Pochettino - why not have him as a squad player?

It's a strange mentality that some fans have when they constantly bash certain players and want rid of them from the club when they haven't done anything wrong or bashed the club in public.
Hello Pot? This is kettle, you're black.

You’re the too thick to see the irony here, surely?

He’s a fucking pudding. Anyone still supporting this chap needs to wobble their head. No control over a Football whatsoever. I can’t quote directly but Joe Clash likened him to a riderless racehorse (or something like that)
Spot on still. The lad couldn’t trap his own wind.
Even on today’s market, £30 million is a lot for a cart horse. I shit you not. I would have scored either first time or definitely the rebound. And my highest level ever was Sunday league, I’m fat & fucking elderly and whilst I couldn’t run up and down a pitch for 90 mins without emptying the contents of my guts, I would have scored that sitter that was the rebound. No doubt. The bloke is a clown.
I really think a lot of most of your posts, but I hate posts like this. No one on this forum has half the talent of even a middle-to-bottom of the squad rotation player like Sissoko. He didn't have a winning lotto ticket to win a place in the PL and French NT.

He's not great, but he's not as awful as some claim. He's in the tier below Eriksen/Dele/Son as an attacking mid. We wanted him to be more when we bought him, he isn't that, but he's still valuable as a rotation player - better than our alternatives and content to do whatever he can, whenever asked to, to try and help the squad. Until we spend £££ to bring in someone in the Eriksen/Dele/Son tier, he's as good as it gets for rotation sake. He's capable of plugging a hole at AM, CM, and WB and while not a match-winner he's rarely, if ever, a match-loser. Every squad needs a couple lunch-pails...there's value in that across a long season.

I really think a lot of most of your posts, but I hate posts like this. No one on this forum has half the talent of even a middle-to-bottom of the squad rotation player like Sissoko. He didn't have a winning lotto ticket to win a place in the PL and French NT.

He's not great, but he's not as awful as some claim. He's in the tier below Eriksen/Dele/Son as an attacking mid. We wanted him to be more when we bought him, he isn't that, but he's still valuable as a rotation player - better than our alternatives and content to do whatever he can, whenever asked to, to try and help the squad. Until we spend £££ to bring in someone in the Eriksen/Dele/Son tier, he's as good as it gets for rotation sake. He's capable of plugging a hole at AM, CM, and WB and while not a match-winner he's rarely, if ever, a match-loser. Every squad needs a couple lunch-pails...there's value in that across a long season.
Agree to disagree.
I still think he’s a fucking pudding.
I had started to warm to him after a few encouraging performances & genuinely want a £30 million signing to do well in our shirt.
But he really isn’t of the Standard we need.
We need match winners. That’s the point. I think.

Support the team

Support the players

Trust the manager he knows best he sees him in training everyday

What we say on the forum matters to the players

But not with Sissoko. Scrap all the above because in this case TFC knows better than Poch and slating a player is all ok again.

This place at its finest.

Support the team

Support the players

But not with Sissoko. Scrap all the above because in this case TFC knows better than Poch and slating a player is all ok again.

Hard to disagree with that.
I guess we are all guilty at some time or other of changing our tune when it suits.
I fully suppprted Soldado throughout his time with us, even though he was pony. It is odd that some players are immediately likeable, whilst others just don’t get “the love” they probably deserve.
Moussa, I'm sorry if you’re reading this. I would have probably ended up on my arse in your one v one situation the other day. I was a bit tipsy last night & perhaps exaggerated my footballing abilities.

:memeokay:

Last edited:

Yes I agree he’s in that tier below as far as creativity is concerned although his assist to Harry last game was excellent but his physical contribution and effort can’t be discounted as his presence in the centre of midfield certainly has an effect and that’s his best position for me

Get him running at the centre of the opposition and he will cause them problems even when he occasionally loses control as it gives our other midfielders more space

A lot of the criticism directed at him by our ‘fans’ is unfair and unjustified imo

I still remember the shit Lamela used to get

Support the team

Support the players

Curse us for having opinions on players eh?

I think Sissoko is an absolute potato but that doesn't stop me from wanting him to do brilliantly well every time he plays, just like I did with Doherty or Gilberto or Dumitrescu or whoever it it was struggling to look anything like a professional footballer at the time.

And don't tell me you've never shouted "Oh you useless cunt!" at football, because I won't believe you

Curse us for having opinions on players eh?

I think Sissoko is an absolute potato but that doesn't stop me from wanting him to do brilliantly well every time he plays, just like I did with Doherty or Gilberto or Dumitrescu or whoever it it was struggling to look anything like a professional footballer at the time.

I doubt anyone on here wants a player they think is playing poorly to continue to do so.

But some people love to shout about agendas while they clearly have their own against someone else.

Back
Top Bottom