Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought I’d have another look at his performance against West Ham by digging into some of the stats that were being thrown about the match thread.

Claim - he made one misplaced pass.
Reality - he made 49 from 57, so 8 misplaced.

Claim - he played central midfield.
Reality - his heatmap suggests he spent the vast majority off the match on the half way line, in a 5 yard square box on the right touchline. Standing in the way of Aurier.

Claim - he was playing deeper than Dier.
Reality - back to the heatmap and he didn’t. Dier spent the whole match in the centre circle.

Claim - he made key tackles.
Reality - one tackle.

Claim - he played well and was one of our better players.
Reality - based on WhoScored ratings he was slightly ahead of Hugo, who didn’t hardly touch the ball and as poor as Wanyama, who only played 17 minutes. Llorente even scored higher in his 9 minutes. Every other player scored higher.

I know we shouldn’t judge on stats alone, but in addition to what I saw with my own eyes.....

I honestly just can’t see what defenders of him on here see in him. I seriously don’t see what Poch sees in him. He must be tremendous in training or the others in our squad must be god awful.

I think this is what Poch sees in him, and if people were not so blinkered they would probably see that as limited as he is, he still offers something that nobody else does. Single handedly bringing the ball from the edge of one box to another, time and time again.

He also breaks up play and gets involved.

Maybe stop reading heat maps and graphs and watch a game.

How can anyone look at that video and still try to claim he offers nothing to our attack, or that Jan, Dier and Dembele attack more than him. Complete fake news.
Get off his back, he's just a fucking sub for crying out loud.

Last edited:

I think this is what Poch sees in him, and if people were so blinkered they would probably see that as limited as he is, he still offers something that nobody else does. Single handedly bringing the ball from the edge of one box to another, time and time again.

How can anyone look at that video and still try to claim he offers nothing to our attack, or that Jan, Dier and Dembele attack more than him. Complete fake news.

We do watch the games Sammy
Most of us just talk about what we see.

Most of us can see his strengths, but mostly we see his weaknesses, which is why we make our comments, and we try to be objective about what it is we think.

Nobody, but nobody, wants him to fail - or be the player we feel compelled comment about. He plays for our club and we want him to be awesome.

No-one gets a kick out of this.

Most of us can see his strengths

and we try to be objective about what it is we think.

giphy.gif

I think this is what Poch sees in him, and if people were so blinkered they would probably see that as limited as he is, he still offers something that nobody else does. Single handedly bringing the ball from the edge of one box to another, time and time again.

Thanks for the video. Appreciated...but...
4 mins of video that shows some decent strength, couple of good tackles, a weak left footed shot and a bundled in goal probably won't convince anyone.
Do I like him and wish him success every time he plays for us? Of course.
Would I like him to play a pivotal and influential role for us in the upcoming years? Definitely.
Do I think he has a ways to go yet? Probably
Does he get unfair amounts of criticism? Sometimes

As airfixx and I were discussing, he does seem to get a bit of scapegoating from some supporters... But maybe he viewed as the latest in a long line of signings with great potential but never quite fulfil it for us and therefore is a target for some to vent at and bemoan.... Which is their prerogative I guess.

To sum up...we all want him to do well, when he doesn't he gets some grief but maybe we should judge him as an individual and try to put aside the 'another not great signing history' he may be experiencing. And maybe a good long run in the team....is playing right back totally out of the question I wonder.

Thanks again for video.

I didn't say "you" I said "we" as in some of the comments i've seen defending him on social media and so on i'm not going to scrawl through messages to look for any examples of supposed excuses from you.
But what I will say is that you claimed
"I will continue to support Sissoko and back him up when he doesn't play half as bad as some of the other fan favourites."

This is just beyond me and a lot of people on this forum. I can't name a single game where he actually out performed another one of our midfield players. There's no point arguing though I ain't and no one here is going to convince you that he's shit.

Because he isn’t shit

If he was Poch wouldn’t be playing him

There were a few shockers last night. Kane for example, was awful. But he has loads of credit in the bank. So does Dele, Son, Eriksen. All got a number of massive performances in for us and very capable of doing it again.

Sissoko gets it from me because he’s hardly ever decent. He’s got no past performances to look fondly upon. And he’s never shown that he’s likely to be difference in any match. When he plays well, he’s ok. That appears to be he best he can do. Not good enough for a club with ambitions like ours.

Sissoko is mostly decent but has a mistake in him although I believe he is improving

We have to let people defend certain players if they see fit. I do see the value in Sissokohno myself but surely forums are for discussing this sort of thing. If someone has a different opinion then I can't get mad at them just don't agree with them. It doesn't make em an idiot and vice versa they can disagree that I think Son for example has been 1 of our best players this season , I won't call em stupid just for making a different judgement than me. It's all about opinions for me and the more varied views we have just makes for better discussion / banter but no more than that. The common goal should be supporting the mighty Spurs and hating with a passion the scum down the road

Has anyone laughed at Sissokohno yet?

No?

Thought not and you’ve already explained it once

:pochbye:

Another thought:
Based on scouting reports etc by other clubs, would anyone come in and buy him for the thirty million paid?
Personally I think not, so does that mean he's not been performing as a thirty million player?

Also:
Had we paid only 15 to 20 for him would he be viewed as more successful because he 'wasnt worth a lot of money'?
Just a thought.

So by disagreeing, Pipes, Poch plays shit players

:pochlol:
Not so sure about that. We have been affected quite badly with injuries & the one thing you can say about Sissoko is that he is quite versatile.
Does he play any role very well? I think he has been adequate at times, but his control is awful for a top tier professional & his passing is often wayward. I also don’t think he gets near to a Poch starting XI when everyone is available for selection. It’s his versatility (I think) that Poch appreciates.

Because he isn’t shit
If he was Poch wouldn’t be playing him
Ah'. now I have a theory on that.

Maybe Poch thinks he is shit, but he's been told by L£vy that he needs to sell before he buys. And because we know Poch is desperate for new additions, he feels forced to play him to put him in the shop window, so to speak

wGdM5.gif

Bazali i don't really care if people laugh at my Sissokohno joke or not. I don't need likes,agrees or anything else to make me feel good. I post what I want to post when I want and however many times I want. I've not been here long but you seem to be the only one who has some sort of beef with me which is ok with me. You also seem to be the only one who is convinced I'm someone's multi or whatever you call it. A few people on here have warned me about what you're like but I like to judge for myself so I will leave it at that and just read your antics from afar. I obviously wanted to quote your post but there is some block on me doing that which i guess you can set up but as I say I'm new on here so don't know that or its like you constantly point out its because I'm thick. Keep smiling bud

Back
Top Bottom