Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He does remind me of the lads that get picked by football academies based on speed, height and strength.

See it every week. The smaller more technical players get left out in favour of these.

He’s doing a job nothing more. I would hope if everyone was fully fit he wouldn’t get near the team.

And IMHO 100% a player we should be looking to upgrade at the first opportunity.

So you know better than our manager? ..... so which top six club do you manage? ..... you hate away but when he's the best rated midfield player on the pitch 'then it's the other feckers' who have let us down ......

"He can’t shoot. He can’t cross. He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t hold a ball" .... you're are an idiot but I'll let you prove me wrong ... give us his statistics for those five categories .... let's see facts not blind prejudice ....
You are an incredibly tolerant fan and I genuinely admire the way you stick up for the guy, but surely you understand that he gets playing time because his competition is either injured or off form. With a fully fit squad he wouldn't get closer than the bench.
He does have genuine assets as a footballer, but they are not sufficient for what we aspire to as a club. Yesterday was exactly where he would shine, somewhere where strength, speed and brawn would be an asset. He was probably our best player in the first half, but when everyone else started to click he looked more Newport standard than what we would hope for.

You are an incredibly tolerant fan and I genuinely admire the way you stick up for the guy, but surely you understand that he gets playing time because his competition is either injured or off form. With a fully fit squad he wouldn't get closer than the bench.
He does have genuine assets as a footballer, but they are not sufficient for what we aspire to as a club. Yesterday was exactly where he would shine, somewhere where strength, speed and brawn would be an asset. He was probably our best player in the first half, but when everyone else started to click he looked more Newport standard than what we would hope for.
That last bit is spot on! First half was definitely our best player but the minute we started dominating he was just in the way like usual. In a team that practically week in week out plays teams parking the bus and having to play intricate pass and move in minimal space he is less than useless. He’s like a bull trying to tiptoe round a china shop without touching anything.

HE CANT RECEIVE THE MOST EASY FUCKING PASS ON THE WORLD

fans defending him are either trolls that want to troll or hipster fans that don’t want people bullying the poor guy. He was shite and still wasn’t the worst one today. That shows more about the exibithion than his qualities.

He’s fast and is strong. That’s the pros.
He can’t shoot. He can’t cross. He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t hold a ball.

He’s without a doubt the worst playing time /exibithions ratio guy since Poch arrived.

Against mousse sissoko the person no problem outside him being a long life fan Woolwich fan but whatever. But I fucking hate sissoko the tottenham player. Waste of time and money.

This is not a melt or a ranting. He’s just a very mediocre player. Mason and Bentaleb were kicked out of the club and were much superior players.
Go back and watch the game again (and others this season), despite his clumsy awkwardness and poor touch, he still comes away with the fucking ball, almost always this is the case. I don't know quite how he does this but he does, time and time again. His first touch will get away from him, it invites the oppo player to go for the ball, the two tussle, Sissoko comes away with the ball. So you slate him for this!?!? Absolutely understand you slating him if the oppo comes away with the ball, but they very rarely do. It's this I find odd and unwarranted.

He's a water carrier for us, this is his role. He is heavily involved in build up always plays an easy ball, he has kept his passing simple and normally always finds his man (because it's simple), that man might be Dele, Eriksen, Son, Dembele all players that are capable of doing damage with their skill-set, he allows them to do what they do higher up the pitch in more dangerous areas.

Without the ball he is also dependable, yesterday he was the only player pressing and putting them under pressure, in the first half especially he was our only player that caused them to rush a clearance/pass and concede possession, he was responsible for most of our turnovers won (he did this on his fucking own). When deeper, helping out defence, he often is the outlet to carry the ball up the field, this is so much better than hoofing it up the pitch only for it to come back, 20 seconds latter. He's linked up particularly well with Aurier. Anyone trying to link up with Trippier gets my sympathy, Trippier is so fucking shit it's like playing with team of 10 men, he makes it so much harder for anyone near him. Poch has also deployed him in 6 or 7 different positions this year, he's asked to do the water carrying to enable our better players to play. This is his function.

Do not confuse my words for me thinking he is a good player, he's not. His touch shows he isn't a great player, there is nothing attractive about how he plays football, he's not a special footballer. I've seen no technical ability. I don't know why we bought him. He's no better than Onomah and because of this, I'd much rather see Onomah out on the pitch in stead of him. Onomah struggled to settle because I think he was trying too hard but offensively he's the better player, he is technically a better footballer but without the ball Sissoko has been the safer of the two, maybe this is why his out on loan, understandable if so.

Just reign it in on the slating it's way, way, way over the top. Made all the worst by the fact no other player gets called out for their performance, highlighted yesterday as his 90 min performance made him arguably one of our best players, in context of the game, it's not much but it shows their is an enjoyment and delight in slating him, or maybe even worse than that. This conclusion can be made because there were at least 8 other candidates that should be slated for yesterday, but hey not a peep.

Last edited:
Go back and watch the game again (and others this season), despite his clumsy awkwardness and poor touch, he still comes away with the fucking ball, almost always this is the case. I don't know quite how he does this but he does, time and time again. His first touch will get away from him, it invites the oppo player to go for the ball, the two tussle, Sissoko comes away with the ball. So you slate him for this!?!? Absolutely understand you slating him if the oppo comes away with the ball, but they very rarely do. It's this I find odd and unwarranted.

He's a water carrier for us, this is his role. He is heavily involved in build up always plays an easy ball, he has kept his passing simple and normally always finds his man (because it's simple), that man might be Dele, Eriksen, Son, Dembele all players that are capable of doing damage with their skill-set, he allows them to do what they do higher up the pitch in more dangerous areas.

Without the ball he is also dependable, yesterday he was the only player pressing and putting them under pressure, in the first half especially he was our only player that caused them to rush a clearance/pass and concede possession, he was responsible for most of our turnovers won (he did this on his fucking own). When deeper, helping out defence, he often is the outlet to carry the ball up the field, this is so much better than hoofing it up the pitch only for it to come back, 20 seconds latter. He's linked up particularly well with Aurier. Anyone trying to link up with Trippier gets my sympathy, Trippier is so fucking shit it's like playing with team of 10 men, he makes it so much harder for anyone near him. Poch has also deployed him in 6 or 7 different positions this year, he's asked to do the water carrying to enable our better players to play. This is his function.

Do not confuse my words for me thinking he is a good player, he's not. His touch shows he isn't a great player, there is nothing attractive about how he plays football, he's not a special footballer. I've seen no technical ability. I don't know why we bought him. He's no better than Onomah and because of this, I'd much rather see Onomah out on the pitch in stead of him. Onomah struggled to settle because I think he was trying too hard but offensively he's the better player, he is technically a better footballer but without the ball Sissoko has been the safer of the two, maybe this is why his out on loan, understandable if so.

Just reign it in on the slating it's way, way, way over the top. Made all the worst by the fact no other player gets called out for their performance, highlighted yesterday as his 90 min performance made him arguably one of our best players, in contact of the game, it's not much but it shows their is an enjoyment and delight in slating him, or maybe even worse than that. This conclusion can be made because there were at least 8 other candidates that should be slated for yesterday, but hey not a peep.
Reign in the slating as it’s way over the top, but playing Trippier is like playing with 10 men?

Ok.....

Because Tripper was SHIT and Sissoko wasn't. THAT is exactly the point being fucking made mate. How is that so fucking hard to understand?
Wonderfully measured response.

“I’m correct and everyone else is wrong, and I’m going to stamp my feet and hold my breath until everyone agrees with me!!!!”

Sorry, to be clear you thought Trippier was good yesterday?
I didn’t actually see the match. Had stuff on.

I can’t recall making a point about the match, I commented on you complaining that slating Sissoko was way over the top before saying you’d rather play with ten men than play ttippier. I was suggesting that may have been over the top.

And if your post was only about yesterday’s game, I apologise. But you made reference to Sissoko playing well with players who didn’t play yesterday and said Tripper is shit, not was shit, so I presumed you were talking on a wider level than just yesterday’s match.

Agree 100% ... he's a squad player no more .... but in a season where he's had to cover 'sick-notes' in almost every midfield position going, and in many cases played as well or better as those around him, why all the hate?
He's no Eriksen, Dembele, Wanyama but nor should we expect that ... without him this season we'd be a whole lot worse off than we are .... of course if we had Hazard / KDB / Coutinho instead we'd be a lot better off, but that's not Sissoko's fault .... a player that gives his best is all we can ask for .... if that's not 'world class' then live with it, support the lad stop burying him ......
Roberts, Paul Allen, David Howells, Dawson, Paul Miller none of 'em were top drawer .... but we still got behind them and they all managed 200+ games .... we might yet have 200+ from Sissoko .... lol ......

I didn’t actually see the match. Had stuff on.

I can’t recall making a point about the match, I commented on you complaining that slating Sissoko was way over the top before saying you’d rather play with ten men than play ttippier. I was suggesting that may have been over the top.

And if your post was only about yesterday’s game, I apologise. But you made reference to Sissoko playing well with players who didn’t play yesterday and said Tripper is shit, not was shit, so I presumed you were talking on a wider level than just yesterday’s match.
The thread is long mate, there are a few posts.

Specifically it started about yesterday game, where he was one of our best players and questioned why like clockwork after he plays his thread lights up like a beacon despite this, happened yesterday and happens after every game he plays, despite him being far from the worst player on the pitch. Yesterday he an Jan were our best players over the 90 mins. (other players improved on their first half performance like Foyth who played better than Sissoko in the 2nd half but started the game very poorly and made many errors, other players in this category too).

My post that you jumped on made reference to yesterday and in general as the numerous posts since yesterday have been about him in a wider context, so entirely appropriate I feel.

I didn't say I'd rather play with 10 men than play Trips, I said it's like playing with 10 men when he plays. If you didn't see the game then how the fuck do you even know I'm being over the top? You are in no position to make such a judgement. If you are into self flagellation go watch the game and come back on here and then tell me I'm talking bollocks.

Saying Sissoko can't control or make easy passes is like saying Soldado can't shoot.

The real issue is confidence. When you are nervous and playing with fear you make mistakes, then one mistake makes it worse so it happens again and again... You don't play in the premier league so much and get capped by fucking France as many times as he has if you have shit technical ability regardless of how much of an athlete you are ffs.

This isn't to say that he has a Pirlo range of passing when the pressure is off but let's not be retarded and call him shit and say stuff like he wouldn't get into your shitty 5aside team (good grief).

Bad news is that he might never recover and be able to relax at this club, so we won't see the best of him.

Good news is that he's not hiding, he's full of effort (more than many other flops who were loved by certain fans), and his physical ability does allow him to be competent and event decent at times. He was great away to Madrid in fact.

The thread is long mate, there are a few posts.

Specifically it started about yesterday game, where he was one of our best players and questioned why like clockwork after he plays his thread lights up like a beacon despite this, happened yesterday and happens after every game he plays, despite him being far from the worst player on the pitch. Yesterday he an Jan were our best players over the 90 mins. (other players improved on their first half performance like Foyth who played better than Sissoko in the 2nd half but started the game very poorly and made many errors, other players in this category too).

My post that you jumped on made reference to yesterday and in general as the numerous posts since yesterday have been about him in a wider context, so entirely appropriate I feel.

I didn't say I'd rather play with 10 men than play Trips, I said it's like playing with 10 men when he plays. If you didn't see the game then how the fuck do you even know I'm being over the top? You are in no position to make such a judgement. If you are into self flagellation go watch the game and come back on here and then tell me I'm talking bollocks.
I can’t see us ever being best mates, so I’ll not bother. You keep winning the internet though. I love the swearing hardman act.

I don’t often diss the players but Sissoko and Llorente just are not good enough for THIS spurs team looking to get to finals and get in top 4

Chelsea and Woolwich in the top 6 are struggling to get one striker, the team below it Everton have a pub player up there so it’s no wonder we are struggling to find one in same league as Kane, like CB’s since the age of Barcelona, there aren’t many to go around and like Janssen, Llorente just is not top shelf but it’s what we have to deal with.

Sissoko on the other hand is in a position where there are millions of players around of quality, he slows things down and has no real vision, he should be at Everton really, I honestly think Poch lost a bet with Levy while at the Finale in May.....

“Alright then clever Poch now get top 4 playing Sissoko every week!”

:levylol::pochwtf:

Saying Sissoko can't control or make easy passes is like saying Soldado can't shoot.

The real issue is confidence. When you are nervous and playing with fear you make mistakes, then one mistake makes it worse so it happens again and again... You don't play in the premier league so much and get capped by fucking France as many times as he has if you have shit technical ability regardless of how much of an athlete you are ffs.

This isn't to say that he has a Pirlo range of passing when the pressure is off but let's not be retarded and call him shit and say stuff like he wouldn't get into your shitty 5aside team (good grief).

Bad news is that he might never recover and be able to relax at this club, so we won't see the best of him.

Good news is that he's not hiding, he's full of effort (more than many other flops who were loved by certain fans), and his physical ability does allow him to be competent and event decent at times. He was great away to Madrid in fact.
There maybe some truth in what you say but I can only judge him as a player since he's been with us. Prior to us it was MoTD highlights or maybe the odd game (3 or 4) a year.

I'm a defender of his regarding the unwarranted abuse that comes his way but he hasn't demonstrated any technical ability whilst wearing a Spurs shirt. The best thing he did was last season against Burnley(???) when he woke the ball deep in our own half and broke away with pace the length of the pitch combined with a one-two with Rose and set him up to score. At no other point has he demonstrated any skill or technique.

I can’t see us ever being best mates, so I’ll not bother. You keep winning the internet though. I love the swearing hardman act.
What exactly are you disagreeing with? Na, forget it mate don't bother, I'll talk to my garden fence. You carry on, just don't bother quoting on people posts if you can't take a response back. Hardman? It's a chilled Sunday morning, I'm sat on my chair in front of a log fire, radio on and a cup of coffee in my hand, slippers on my feet. LOL I'm defending my position that you called out, dry your tears.

Okay, few (seeminly obvious) things to point out here -

1) He is getting the bashing not as reaction to yesterdays performance. He is getting the stick because of what Poch said about him. Many fans very strongly disagree with what was said.
2) Argument "but he was best player on the field for first half yesterday" might be true. But during that 45 minutes we got absolutely brushed aside by League Two team. It says a lot about other 10 players on the field - they were really poor during 1st half. So this argument goes only to show that he would be good player in League Two AND other our players were really poor. But it does not come close to prove his worth for us at the level we should be playing.
3) First half being mentioned - in the 2nd half when we were dominating and playing decently, he was awful. Now it is everyones call, based on what are we supposed to rate him....

Not suggesting Sissoko reads our forum but criticism across the Internet must be getting to him hence Poch felt the need to defend him. It does not help the club for players to lose confidence due to constant criticism from his own fans. He had a reasonable game yesterday and really should not have this abuse today.

So you know better than our manager? ..... so which top six club do you manage? ..... you hate away but when he's the best rated midfield player on the pitch 'then it's the other feckers' who have let us down ......

"He can’t shoot. He can’t cross. He can’t pass. He can’t dribble. He can’t hold a ball" .... you're are an idiot but I'll let you prove me wrong ... give us his statistics for those five categories .... let's see facts not blind prejudice ....
You must kidding me.
I can only say a player is shit if I’m managing a top 6 team? That argument is behind belief awful. One from a 12 year old.
I watch almost every game we play. And I watch in those said games sissoko “playing” he’s shit. And i don’t fucking care if he runs a little bit. That’s good enough for a harry redknapp team. Not a poch team.
I would let him go for free.
The statistics part is also very good. Show me statistics of how good he is on those categories.

Back
Top Bottom