Moussa Sissoko

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why have we stopped singing "wake me up before you go go, who needs Bale when we've got Sissoko?"
I always got the feeling that that song was a bit more ironic. A bit of like "huh people like Sissoko? Let's give him a tongue in cheek song then".

Also personally I don't like having songs that compare players to previous players.

I think he's my favourite player at the moment. Considering my heart used to sink when he played, his improvement over the last few weeks is phenomenal. We need his enthusiasm and industry in a depleted squad. Just shows what confidence and belief can do for a player. MOTM for me today.

I always got the feeling that that song was a bit more ironic. A bit of like "huh people like Sissoko? Let's give him a tongue in cheek song then".

Also personally I don't like having songs that compare players to previous players.

Agreed on both counts, but a cheeky re-write would be great cos it's got a good time vibe about it which in turn suits him.

It may have started as ironic but at this moment in time, it's apt.

I think he's my favourite player at the moment. Considering my heart used to sink when he played, his improvement over the last few weeks is phenomenal. We need his enthusiasm and industry in a depleted squad. Just shows what confidence and belief can do for a player. MOTM for me today.

I'm buzzing for both him & Juan.... I just love it when our boys come good.

The non-melters deserve moments like these.

Do you mean, having a kid?

Trying. My partner had a miscarriage not too long ago, and we've been coming to terms with that. We're in a place where we're ready to try again though. Time is not on our side, unfortunately, me being 34, and her being 39, but here's hoping...
Oh...

My apologies to you and your partner incase I stepped on any toes. That was not intended. Here's hoping you two succeed.

Trying. My partner had a miscarriage not too long ago, and we've been coming to terms with that. We're in a place where we're ready to try again though. Time is not on our side, unfortunately, me being 34, and her being 39, but here's hoping...
You've both got plenty of time .
Keep your pecker up . Life can be cruel but your love for each other will win through.

:tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

Sorry to hear that you and your partner have had to go through such pain. Glad you're in a place to try again. Will pray that you can make it happen, I know quite a few women who have had children in their forties, so fingers crossed that your dream comes true x

I actually feel quite emotional just thinking about the crowd singing his name and him going over at the end, and engaging with them.

Something fucking wrong with my hormones, clearly

:lamelashock:

I thought it was great when the crowd started singing his name in the first half. They clearly recognised the effort he was putting in, and he seemed to build on that throughout the game. I’ve often had a pop at him (usually only in a joking manner), and I still think he can be absolutely shocking at times, but when he’s on it like he was today he’s a beast.

I’m hoping that today is a turning point for him (and in turn the fans). We see glimpses of his strengths all the time, but today was generally a sustained piece of marauding brilliance, and he deserves full credit and praise.

Let’s hope he pushes on and smashes in an injury time winner from 35 yards against Chelsea.

I'm buzzing for both him & Juan.... I just love it when our boys come good.

The non-melters deserve moments like these.
I don't have any problems with people being critical of players' performance, if it's warranted, but the vitriol that comes out sometimes is shocking. I just love it when a player comes good, after a shaky start. After all, when people play well, the team benefits, so why would you want someone to be rubbish just so you can be right ? That's just plain daft.

I’m hoping that today is a turning point for him (and in turn the fans). We see glimpses of his strengths all the time, but today was generally a sustained piece of marauding brilliance, and he deserves full credit and praise.
And that when he inevitably has a less than stellar performance the fans can remember these games where he does perform.

He's not going to hit it out of the park in every game. And he will probably never be a 100% starter for us. But he is proving that he can be a valuable squad asset right now.

I thought it was great when the crowd started singing his name in the first half. They clearly recognised the effort he was putting in, and he seemed to build on that throughout the game. I’ve often had a pop at him (usually only in a joking manner), and I still think he can be absolutely shocking at times, but when he’s on it like he was today he’s a beast.

Let’s hope he pushes on and smashes in an injury time winner from 35 yards against Chelsea.
Now THAT would be special!

Shows how big confidence is in sport.

He's more often than not been bit timid and hesitant in a Spurs shirt as if he doubts himself and feels inferior. But now we're seeing a player who is actually leading the team forward by not just being a big unit getting in the way of opponents, but by marauding forward with the ball. He even pulled off a class crossfield pass inch perfect to Moura in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom