Na Na Na Na Rafa Van Der Vaart Van Der Vaart

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want to give it the big one but I started singing his song at Bremen away and people where looking at me like I was on drugs not quite but after having breakfast in the Becks brewhouse in the square it might have seemed that way....great days and there coming back...UTS

Agreed, Getting locked in at the end was priceless.. That walk back to Finsbury Park singing Rafa Van der Vaart, Van der Vaart, Rafa Van der Vaart, was unforgettable..
Great away day.
There is video on u tube from finsbury park which is priceless...our mob went to the hen and chickens as gooners we knew had to buy as it had taken 17 years for them to get their wallets out.

Ohhhh 3rd choice striker and a bit of experience in the dressing room on a free.....ohhhh I would. I really would :vdvdive:

What antics are they?

First off, he's gotten too fat and is never in shape. He returned from injury once but was then unable to play for 5-6 rounds, as he had gotten out of form.
Reports from the club are also, that he's not exactly the mentor/father-figure to the young talents, as otherwise expected by the club (and himself).

However, worst thing is that he's a constant cry-baby in the media.

- He openly talks about wanting to go back to the Netherlands and not staying at the club.
- He talks about looking at the possibility to cancel the contract.
- When the club cemented their 4th place finish before the summer, everyone "celebrated" on the pitch, as that meant European football - expect Van der Vaart, who went straight to the dresser and told the media he didn't "celebrate 4th".

He said this about Danish football:
"It's horrible. Sometimes there's like 800 people at a stadium. I don't think they like football here, so I miss the stadiums I once played on. Therefore, it's also difficult to stay motivated".
Also said: "As long as they pay me, I'll show up".

I adore him for his stint here, but I hardly think that's the attitude we want in our coaching staff, especially with the culture Poch has implemented.

Scott Parker on the other hand...

First off, he's gotten too fat and is never in shape. He returned from injury once but was then unable to play for 5-6 rounds, as he had gotten out of form.
Reports from the club are also, that he's not exactly the mentor/father-figure to the young talents, as otherwise expected by the club (and himself).

However, worst thing is that he's a constant cry-baby in the media.

- He openly talks about wanting to go back to the Netherlands and not staying at the club.
- He talks about looking at the possibility to cancel the contract.
- When the club cemented their 4th place finish before the summer, everyone "celebrated" on the pitch, as that meant European football - expect Van der Vaart, who went straight to the dresser and told the media he didn't "celebrate 4th".

He said this about Danish football:
"It's horrible. Sometimes there's like 800 people at a stadium. I don't think they like football here, so I miss the stadiums I once played on. Therefore, it's also difficult to stay motivated".
Also said: "As long as they pay me, I'll show up".

I adore him for his stint here, but I hardly think that's the attitude we want in our coaching staff, especially with the culture Poch has implemented.

Scott Parker on the other hand...

If youve played at the bernabau and turning out in the danish league, you probably would lose motivation.

Rafa slating AVB on a Dutch football quiz TV show for signing Siggy and telling Rafa he’s the #10 sub from now on.

Called AVB a pancake. Can’t say I disagree with him. Rafa was a special player at Tottenham. He was great and I felt heartbroken when he left.
I blamed his whoreish wife at the time who worked for German television.

AVB’s legacy :avbshock:

Every so often a player comes along who has no connection with Tottenahm or North London, but gets it and us.And understands what a certain game means to us.
Gazza did
As did Rafa
Wish he had been with us for longer.

Every so often a player comes along who has no connection with Tottenahm or North London, but gets it and us.And understands what a certain game means to us.
Gazza did
As did Rafa
Wish he had been with us for longer.

Imagine if we got him a year or two earlier in his career...

Back
Top Bottom