New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That rumoured Chelsea shirt price thing is bollocks. They're doing pretty much what we've done in the past. Charging normal price for a replica, and then charging more for the 'authentic' version that's the same as the players wear

Chelsea defend £90 cost of 'authentic' new home kit for 2016-17

Every couple of years the press latch on to these things, like they do with England shirts. They go for the shock tactic, and totally ignore the replica being the usual price that all teams charge.

To be fair to Chelsea, that shirt's pretty decent for them. Nice and simple, with a retro feel. They've also got a sponsors logo that matches the other colours on the shirt. If ours was that style we'd absolutely love the simplicity of it
I think they let themselves down with those subtle logos all over the shirt though - reminds me of pyjamas.

Wouldn't particularly want a Spurs shirt with cocks all over it.
:levyeyes:

That rumoured Chelsea shirt price thing is bollocks. They're doing pretty much what we've done in the past. Charging normal price for a replica, and then charging more for the 'authentic' version that's the same as the players wear

Every couple of years the press latch on to these things, like they do with England shirts. They go for the shock tactic, and totally ignore the replica being the usual price that all teams charge.

Bang on. That upper-tier price is for the ones identical to the player shirts (something I've noticed Nike to be doing for a while now, so expect a Spurs equivalent in a year's time).
If someone wants to pay more for that, then I don't see why not - if there's a market...

Shortsleeve mens home shirts will be £55 (without customisation), exactly the same as ours.

Though I'm mainly pissed off about the Chelsea price because I initially fell for the clickbait.
:chadliblow:

Another subtle one.
Fake-Brand14.jpg

....How come all the Chinese ones look the bleedin' same!??
...or can I not point that out?

THE BRAND LOGO DESIGN dammit... what did you THINK I meant?

Jeez, you bunch of lacists!
They are not lacists they are slip on.

I think they let themselves down with those subtle logos all over the shirt though - reminds me of pyjamas.

Wouldn't particularly want a Spurs shirt with cocks all over it.
:levyeyes:

Bang on. That upper-tier price is for the ones identical to the player shirts (something I've noticed Nike to be doing for a while now, so expect a Spurs equivalent in a year's time).
If someone wants to pay more for that, then I don't see why not - if there's a market...

Shortsleeve mens home shirts will be £55 (without customisation), exactly the same as ours.

Though I'm mainly pissed off about the Chelsea price because I initially fell for the clickbait.
:chadliblow:

You used to be able to by the 'authentic' UA player shirts, although the club stopped doing them. I remember you could get the first UA kit in that form. Don't have a problem with them selling those as they have all the compression and technical nonsense built in. Although how many fat football supporters would actually wear those for sporting endeavours?

You used to be able to by the 'authentic' UA player shirts, although the club stopped doing them. I remember you could get the first UA kit in that form. Don't have a problem with them selling those as they have all the compression and technical nonsense built in. Although how many fat football supporters would actually wear those for sporting endeavours?
Funny thing is: a fan might spend all that money on getting an 'authentic' kit designed for performance, having PL badges and a player name put on it - but I never jog in one of my proper Spurs shirts because the number on the back rubs.
:levywtf:

I don't have a problem with this.

Back
Top Bottom