New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah that looks terrible at the back of that.
tbh, the back of the collar looks a bit 'rushed' to me (maybe just get it sewn up quick to take a photo, then finish it off later??)
The neck is a bit of a flimsy mess, but then again, there will always be summit on there someone doesn't like!
I'm still a fan of a bit of Navy trim myself, but hey, that's just me...
Plain white is still far better than Gradients, chevron stripes, Clown Faces and yellow piss streaks ANY day... and we've had ALL of them in recent years!

Why can't anyone who is in a position to make these decisions also see that?

If the AIA logo stays as it is, there will actually be more red on the kit than Navy!!
Exactly and if Levy has any gumption that image of the shirt as it is with a navy sponsor would fly out of the store! yes I’m well aware of the reason for the red logo, for luck........Mm okay :unsure: why not compromise League & European games full exposure red sponsor, after all that’s the whole point but domestic cup F.A Cup & League cup the shirt that’s shown blue sponsor everybody’ happy.

Bored of the talk of the logo only being red for luck. We're not talking about Vincent Tan here. The logo is red on the primary shirt because the company logo is red. They're obviously willing to compromise with the away and third shirts because they're not used as often, and aren't the shirts that feature in most photos and TV coverage.

Chevrolet don't allow their logo to be plain white on the Man Utd shirt for the same reason, their logo isn't white, it's silver and gold.

Bored of the talk of the logo only being red for luck. We're not talking about Vincent Tan here. The logo is red on the primary shirt because the company logo is red. They're obviously willing to compromise with the away and third shirts because they're not used as often, and aren't the shirts that feature in most photos and TV coverage.

Chevrolet don't allow their logo to be plain white on the Man Utd shirt for the same reason, their logo isn't white, it's silver and gold.
Every year. The SAME shit.

We get record breaking sums of money from a company with a red logo.
There is undoubtedly a clause that says the primary use of that Logo HAS to be red as it's their company colour.

We wear our home kit in the vast majority of games.
I doubt they would even sponsor someone with a red shirt so that their red logo would have to change.

My biggest problem with the AIA sponsorship is they don't use the circular logo with the mountain background instead of the basic "AIA" text mark. Think this would look better on the front:

images

I've never minded the red logo to be honest because for me the kit is white, blue and red like the union jack. But it does look good seeing it in navy a bit further up.

I'm a big fan of plain styles and think this will look good with the navy shorts and socks especially but good anyway as a full kit even with the majestic white European tour shorts and socks (but we won't have to worry about them next year), not so much otherwise. Not convinced by the back of the neck, but there's always one thing off. And it's a bit of a fuck off and all, like the current ones being made out of bottles for bottlers, this one is symbolic of lack of management as the players don't know if they're coming or going.

The current home one is atrocious. The previous home one I got for Christmas the other year from the kids and for me would be even better than the all time classic Holsten/ addidas if the blue trim made it all the way around the neck. Like I say, there's always at least one thing off.

I remember when kits lasted two years or am I remembering it wrong? They should do that tho.

The proposed away looks sweet tho, the present green one is immense but hardly traditional.

Edit: I will be buying a full kit for the boy tho as it's super sweet when he rocks the full kits, dunno which one he'll go for. I hasten to add he is 8 and him and his team look super sweet training with their full kits.

Last edited:
Why can't anyone who is in a position to make these decisions also see that?

If the AIA logo stays as it is, there will actually be more red on the kit than Navy!!
I looked in to it a few years ago, it has to do with the main color of the logo not being allowed to change on the home kit apparently. Not sure if its changed but that was back in the mansion days.

Back
Top Bottom