New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two new pictures in today! That collar tough, front and back, WTF???

I'm a bit disappointed with this one to be honest. Simple is good, but it's so plain that it makes red the secondary colour rather than navy. If they'd just done the collar and sleeve trim in navy it would have looked so much better.
Maybe it'll grow on me though, I didn't like this season home shirt at first, but now I've got one I actually really like it.

That brown and gold was Jol era, and wasn’t nice

We also wore red........thoughts?
You are absolutely correct... we did wear red... between 1890-1896...

...which, 'if memory serves' was a full 17 years before Woolwich Woolwich moved North of the river... we had about as much rivalry with them at the time as we did with Barnsley!

In fact, as an 1890's Spurs fan, i'd be more aghast that we were copying local rivals Clapton Orient's kit!

...anyway, there's a game on!

Tbh I'm just one of those people who likes kits that have nice patterns etc.

I guess I'm the minority rather than the majority as most of the people I've talked to agree with what your saying. Idk I don't really like plain kits but that's just me
208660.gif
tenor.gif

Very true, was wearing the criminally underused UA navy/ gold away (16/17?) shirt the other day and it's in much better nick than any of the Nike ones I've got.
I bought the anthem/stadium jacket UA nicer material, thicker sturdy up dated to the equivalent Nike doesn’t hang right lot thinner.

I bought the anthem/stadium jacket UA nicer material, thicker sturdy up dated to the equivalent Nike doesn’t hang right lot thinner.
Yeah I've also got them in both, would agree. I also find the Nike stuff short in length. Under Armour is no problem so it's not the beer belly. :angryscouser:

No they’re poorer quality plus the zipper is on the opposite sideo_O
The zipper thing still throws me off. I had a UA 15/16 zip up storm hoodie that I absolutely loved until it no longer fit. Wore the damn thing nearly every day when the weather was cool yet bit cold... Never could get used to the wrong sided zipper, even now that I've replaced it with a 14/15 with the same backwards zipper.

Oh, I absolutely agree. Which is why we should be over the moon with this one...it'll be ages before we get something so "classic Spurs"

If people would stop making fun of grown men wearing "KANE 10" on their shirt, then annual kit sales could be driven by player movement each year, like basically every other sport, rather than constant retooling of the kit (which also drives up production costs).
It won't be ages. It'll be one one year from when this one get's replaced.
It's as certain as the sun coming up in the morning and going down in the evening.

IMO, the best thing that could ever happen is a world wide cap on football finances to cut the cost of kits, the cost of TV deals, everything. I don't begrudge players being the recipients of the cash generated in football, I'd rather Kane got it than Levy.
I just have a problem with the utter rinsing of fans to generate it. £70-£100 for a replica shirt. Of which there are 3. Every. Single. Season.
Cost of Sky Sports
Cost of BT Sports
Cost of Prime
Cost of whatever comes next
Cost of a season ticket.
It's obscene.

It could all be capped by stopping obsurd transfer fees and 6 figure weekly salaries. But it only works if it's worldwide to stop players chasing the money.

I'm a bit disappointed with this one to be honest. Simple is good, but it's so plain that it makes red the secondary colour rather than navy. If they'd just done the collar and sleeve trim in navy it would have looked so much better.
Maybe it'll grow on me though, I didn't like this season home shirt at first, but now I've got one I actually really like it.
Yeah, this is what I've been trying to get at. It needs at least a tiny bit of navy on it that's not a logo, or it just looks weird on anyone that's not a full kit wanker

It's as certain as the sun coming up in the morning and going down in the evening.

IMO, the best thing that could ever happen is a world wide cap on football finances to cut the cost of kits, the cost of TV deals, everything. I don't begrudge players being the recipients of the cash generated in football, I'd rather Kane got it than Levy.
I just have a problem with the utter rinsing of fans to generate it. £70-£100 for a replica shirt. Of which there are 3. Every. Single. Season.
Cost of Sky Sports
Cost of BT Sports
Cost of Prime
Cost of a season ticket.
It's obscene.

It could all be capped by stopping obsurd transfer fees and 6 figure weekly salaries. But it only works if it's worldwide to stop players chasing the money.

The one thing that the PL could do almost immediately that would mean both more money for the clubs and players and less expense to the fans would be to cut the TV companies out and broadcast games direct - they already have PL Productions which broadcasts direct to loads of markets around the world.

Removing the middle man would streamline everything.

Cost of Sky Sports
Cost of BT Sports
Cost of Prime
Cost of a season ticket.
It's obscene.

Which will never work, because someone somewhere will realize the money thats available if they just break from FIFA and start their own league. The best players viewed on TV live from the UAE, only place to see them as they're ineligible for the WC. They all make £1M a match or more. Gilded cages.

Its why I don't buy much merchandise, but I am guilty of giving in on the TV subscriptions. With the globalization of the game, its practically impossible to even stage a supporters' revolt.

Which will never work, because someone somewhere will realize the money thats available if they just break from FIFA and start their own league. The best players viewed on TV live from the UAE, only place to see them as they're ineligible for the WC. They all make £1M a match or more. Gilded cages.

Its why I don't buy much merchandise, but I am guilty of giving in on the TV subscriptions. With the globalization of the game, its practically impossible to even stage a supporters' revolt.
Another way of looking at it is that the clubs could keep more of the revenue instead of blowing it on obscene transfer fees and wages. That would encourage them to fall in line. Not hitting the clubs income is the key. IE retain a similar annual profit with less income and less outgoing.

Another way of looking at it is that the clubs could keep more of the revenue instead of blowing it on obscene transfer fees and wages. That would encourage them to fall in line. Not hitting the clubs income is the key. IE retain a similar annual profit with less income and less outgoing.
This works in a closed system. Thats why franchise (ugly word, I know) values in the NFL and NBA are obscene even for the bad teams - revenue is largely shared and labor costs controlled. But this is a legally bound collective of teams, free of any affiliation or connection to other clubs.

Global football is way too large and dynamic to adopt this. The only way we're likely to get something like this is the inevitable Euro super league, whether that's 5, 10, 25 years from now...that league will look a lot like the NFL/NBA. The salaries will be way higher than players can get anywhere else, and club owners get massive profits, the stability they desire, and no one else to answer to anymore.

I just sold all my old shirts as a job lot to someone. Kept my 1978 away and 1980 home (can't actually believe I ever got into them!) and the 125 special edition.

Some of them I hadn't even taken out of the wrapper.

This works in a closed system. Thats why franchise (ugly word, I know) values in the NFL and NBA are obscene even for the bad teams - revenue is largely shared and labor costs controlled. But this is a legally bound collective of teams, free of any affiliation or connection to other clubs.

Global football is way too large and dynamic to adopt this. The only way we're likely to get something like this is the inevitable Euro super league, whether that's 5, 10, 25 years from now...that league will look a lot like the NFL/NBA. The salaries will be way higher than players can get anywhere else, and club owners get massive profits, the stability they desire, and no one else to answer to anymore.
I didn't say it would ever happen. Sadly though, in order to sustain this ever growing money pool, we're the ones who will be rinsed for every penny. It's why we have 3 shirts every single year. And I do believe multiple sets of training wear everyyear.

Back
Top Bottom