New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally don't like it.

Simple can be good but this is simple to an extreme.

No pattern no nothing.

This is a very lazy design from Nike

No Spurs fan is ever happy, I guess.

If it's something different, it's "Not Spurs", if it's simple it's "Too simple"

What would you have liked?

Blue trim around the collar and sleeve? Isn't that a bit lazy too?

In all honesty, I loved these kits.

tottenham-kit-2015-16-5.jpg

kane%20and%20son%281%29.jpg

I loved the sash. I loved the gold trim, loved the Navy blue at the top. Still felt Spurs, but a bit more 'modern' so to speak.

I loved the sash. I loved the gold trim, loved the Navy blue at the top. Still felt Spurs, but a bit more 'modern' so to speak.
That's my point I really like the 16/17. just some sort of pattern.
This new leaked kit is just a white kit with the badge and the sponsor logo. There is absolutley nothing on it.

This new leaked kit is just a white kit with the badge and the sponsor logo. There is absolutley nothing on it.

I don't mind it, personally.

I quite like simplicity. I think it's likely looking to be a throw back to the 61 kit.. V-neck collar, navy blue shots and socks.

IMO you need something in the detailing of the shirt to balance out that red AIA. Funnily enough it's why I think this season's kit, though busy, is a bit of a grower (I know I'm in the minority on that one).

This 21/22 Nike kit leak just comes across as passive aggressive to me. "Oh, you cunts didn't like the fade or the NFL-style navy shoulders, well fuck you we've made it entirely white this time".

For one, I don't think the pattern of the fabric in the neck lets that work properly. When Nike had a super simple year it was this one:

Tottenham-Hotspur-Home-Away-Football-Jersey-Nike-News-6_rectangle_1600.jpg

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it looks on the players. I certainly won't complain like I did about the fade. What a shit shirt that was for a brilliant season.

Still got a few of them. UA was better quality, too. Especially the training gear.

IMO you need something in the detailing of the shirt to balance out that red AIA. Funnily enough it's why I think this season's kit, though busy, is a bit of a grower (I know I'm in the minority on that one).

This 21/22 Nike kit leak just comes across as passive aggressive to me. "Oh, you cunts didn't like the fade or the NFL-style navy shoulders, well fuck you we've made it entirely white this time".

For one, I don't think the pattern of the fabric in the neck lets that work properly. When Nike had a super simple year it was this one:

Tottenham-Hotspur-Home-Away-Football-Jersey-Nike-News-6_rectangle_1600.jpg

I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it looks on the players. I certainly won't complain like I did about the fade. What a shit shirt that was for a brilliant season.
Here's the thing our new leaked kit is even simpler and it also looks very similar to this so what's the point of buying a new kit?

White White Binary Blue
Cuthbert Dibble Grubb.
:windy:
Beautiful!!

Complete and utter fallacy
You shouldn’t have to, because you should know, but google Tottenham Hotspur 70s/80s/90s and see how many photos have blue socks
Oh man.... I think the smug tone doesn't help you.... you shouldn't have to, cos you should already know we were around before the '70s!
Just cos none of us were around from 1900-1950 doesn't mean Spurs didn't have a kit! 1970s-1990s are a fraction of our 139 year History!

...but I guess if you're gonna be wrong, go big, eh?

Beautiful!!

Oh man.... I think the smug tone doesn't help you.... you shouldn't have to, cos you should already know we were around before the '70s!
Just cos none of us were around from 1900-1950 doesn't mean Spurs didn't have a kit! 1970s-1990s are a fraction of our 139 year History!

...but I guess if you're gonna be wrong, go big, eh?
I’m not really bothered that we had blue socks in 1910.....my childhood to adulthood, 44 years has been 90% white socks

Even in the 60s they were 50/50 folded over halfway down the leg

Spurs isn’t synonymous with blue socks, because the fans from 1930 aren’t around anymore.
Maybe we should wear brown and yellow stripes at home

Just the other day learned that BVB made sure that their 1&1 sponsor logo isn’t Schalke 04 blue and white, similar was done by Spanish team I can’t remember which one.
Shows it can be done and we wouldn’t have to have our shirts spoiled by red.

I still think if we had the AIA logo with the mountain & circle in more of a magentaish shade instead of woolwich red that it would be much better.

AIA-Logo.png

Or maybe my eyes are deceiving me and that's just as fuck off red as the simple AIA...

I’m not really bothered that we had blue socks in 1910.....my childhood to adulthood, 44 years has been 90% white socks

Even in the 60s they were 50/50 folded over halfway down the leg
....and therein lies the problem...
Just cos it happened before our lifetimes, doesn't mean it didn't happen!
I quite liked the 50/50 folded over style... and hey, I wasn't even BORN then!

...and by that token, I assume you also only listen to music or watch films made in your lifetime... anything pre-1977 obviously doesn't count?
Spurs isn’t synonymous with blue socks, because the fans from 1930 aren’t around anymore.
Maybe we should wear brown and yellow stripes at home
That would be an excellent idea! In fact, the Chocolate/Gold 3rd strip we had in the late 90s was inspired by that very kit.

We are a club built on History and tradition.... if we only focussed on the last 44 years, we wouldn't have much to shout about at all!!!

.....and that's the point!
If I had my way, I'd make sure Spurs went back to something like this:
images

....or how about this for a modern take on a retro design?
TOTTENHAM_Tottenham_Hotspur_Retro_Football_T_Shirt_900x.jpg

...I'd love nothing better than a plain, clean, smart kit for ever and ever!
....but I'm not 'Mr Nike' OR Mr Levy, so I don't really get a say in all that!

Last edited:
Quite liked it when we had the shield round the badge the year we went to wembley gave it more a retro feel.

....and therein lies the problem...
Just cos it happened before our lifetimes, doesn't mean it didn't happen!
I quite liked the 50/50 folded over style... and hey, I wasn't even BORN then!

...and by that token, I assume you also only listen to music or watch films made in your lifetime... anything pre-1977 obviously doesn't count?

That would be an excellent idea! In fact, the Chocolate/Gold 3rd strip we had in the late 90s was inspired by that very kit.

We are a club built on History and tradition.... if we only focussed on the last 44 years, we wouldn't have much to shout about at all!!!
That brown and gold was Jol era, and wasn’t nice

We also wore red........thoughts?

.....and that's the point!
If I had my way, I'd make sure Spurs went back to something like this:
images

....or how about this for a modern take on a retro design?
TOTTENHAM_Tottenham_Hotspur_Retro_Football_T_Shirt_900x.jpg

...I'd love nothing better than a plain, clean, smart kit for ever and ever!
....but I'm not 'Mr Nike' OR Mr Levy, so I don't really get a say in all that!
Tbh I'm just one of those people who likes kits that have nice patterns etc.

I guess I'm the minority rather than the majority as most of the people I've talked to agree with what your saying. Idk I don't really like plain kits but that's just me

Back
Top Bottom