New Kit

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

20220504_110301.jpg

tottenham-22-23-away-kit-2.jpg

Goddam hideous. The piss staines are back on the home kit , the away kit is as epilepsy inducing as we’ve come to expect and the third kit looks like a rugby league shirt ffs.

Are these directives coming from Nike or from us? Because Chelsea and Liverpool manage to get non offensive kits every year ? Can only imagine we’ve got some idiot in marketing who thinks these will be considered “hypebeast.”

Hate to say it, but if we want to go down that root Woolwich have nailed it. That retro lighting bolt on the collar is so smart .

Last edited:
Goddam hideous. The piss staines are back on the home kit , the away kit is as epilepsy inducing as we’ve come to expect and the third kit looks like a rugby league shirt ffs.

Are these directives coming from Nike or from us? Because Chelsea and Liverpool manage to get non offensive kits every year ? Can only imagine we’ve got some idiot in marketing who thinks these will be considered “hypebeast.”

Hate to say it, but if we want to go down that root Woolwich have nailed it. That retro lighting bolt on the collar is smart :contehandshead:
Adidas have been making the best kits for the last few years imo, their new retro stuff is nice. Nike are shit, shame we’re stuck with them for so long.

I like the home kit (nothing we can do about the sponsor so no point complaining about it), the away kit is hideous (the scuba diving one) amd the 3rd kit is great (the blue and dark blue one). It seems like Nike are desperately trying to associate that Neon color to us though.

I just don’t understand how you manage to keep fucking up the lilywhite home kit either. It’s better than the 20/21 kit, but worse than last seasons.
Last seasons home kit was about as close to pure THFC as you could ever get. What could you possibly dislike about the Nike aspect of that kit?
19/20 was pretty much spot on too.
Other than the badge, 17/18 wasn't terrible.

They have clearly alternated between plain white and over designed as they can't do much with plain white every year and actually expect to sell new ones year after year.

Last seasons home kit was about as close to pure THFC as you could ever get. What could you possibly dislike about the Nike aspect of that kit?
19/20 was pretty much spot on too.
Other than the badge, 17/18 wasn't terrible.

They have clearly alternated between plain white and over designed as they can't do much with plain white every year and actually expect to sell new ones year after year.
My only gripe with last seasons home kit was the texture of it. Other than that it was the best home kit in recent memory, followed by 19/20. Personally never a massive fan of 17/18
18/19 third kit will always be special for obvious reasons, and do quite like 19/20 away as well.

Your right in saying that problem with the home kit lies in the bolded. It needs to sell every year, which for me comes at the cost of keeping it clean and tidy. But doesn’t Liverpool mostly get away with having a simple red home kit every season?

My only gripe with last seasons home kit was the texture of it. Other than that it was the best home kit in recent memory, followed by 19/20. Personally never a massive fan of 17/18
18/19 third kit will always be special for obvious reasons, and do quite like 19/20 away as well.

Your right in saying that problem with the home kit lies in the bolded. It needs to sell every year, which for me comes at the cost of keeping it clean and tidy. But doesn’t Liverpool mostly get away with having a simple red home kit every season?
No, Liverpool have had some wierd home stuff at times too

Diagonal stripe season just gone

Green trims before than

Pin stripes before that

So on and so forth.
When a team has a predominantly plain kit, the manufacturers have to tinker somehow.

It screams to me "we're a couple of years into a 15 year deal and we have to make our money back somehow by churning out something we knocked up in half an hour. We know a large majority of fans will buy it to look current even though we spent no money on its design".

I can see there being quite a few seasons of very similar designs for our shirt.

Remember when you'd get two seasons out of a shirt? And there was all that outrage in the papers from angry parents when the shirt changed after one season.

Back
Top Bottom