New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Copied from Spurs Community:

" Meet this guy briefly today who was from Corg / Korg (no idea who / what they are) and he was the guy in charge of the electrical systems safety inspection and would be the person who eventually would have to sign off on the stadium for it to open.

So having seen the news today I was excited and brought up the test events - he said he expected them both (?) to be cancelled and had no idea why the club had announced them as it was not even close to being ready. I said that sounds very unlikely given the bad PR it would cause. He shrugged. I asked how far away he thought the electrics were from being sorted - he said 'with a fair wind in time for the beginning of next season, but most likely September / October'.

Blokes talking out of his arse mate. It took us a year to build the whole thing 3/4s complete, it won't take a year just to rewire the thing.

Look at where we were on the build September 2017 until we got told that the opening was delayed. Him saying Sept/ Oct next year is 12-14 months on from the announcement it wouldn't be ready I really doubt that is how this will end up

2AA3VSx.png

Fucking hell, absolutely nothing to do with Spurs.

The hypocrisy in this is utter madness.

“To be fair the Tottenham job was the best in London – £360 a day is unheard of – so obviously people jumped on this job because of the money.

Union representatives say it is one of the latest examples of the way in which the so-called “gig economy” is hitting traditionally stable trades.

Fuck me. You have to laugh. How has this been spun as Tottenham's fault? Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

Fucking hell, absolutely nothing to do with Spurs.

The hypocrisy in this is utter madness.

“To be fair the Tottenham job was the best in London – £360 a day is unheard of – so obviously people jumped on this job because of the money.

Union representatives say it is one of the latest examples of the way in which the so-called “gig economy” is hitting traditionally stable trades.

Headline/tweet writer creating utter clickbait nonsense. Which isn’t reflected in the article. Building contractor failing to pay it’s agency staff has nothing to do with Spurs/Levy.

In the sleepy village of Erbum near the town of Tillet in Hertfordshire lives a woman called Lucy Lykes. She is the landlady of the local pub, The Cockwell Inn. All her mail is addressed to:

Miss Lucy Lykes
The Cockwell Inn
Erbum
Tillet
Herts

I knew a Richard Richards, a May Lay, and my personal favourite, a Carol Leak, who married a Flood.
At least, people have stopped making cheese gags, think we had done them to death.

Back
Top Bottom