New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do people think one of the has to be 50,000 capacity? I find it strange that that would be necessary criteria, when the full capacity is only 12,000 more. Surely a test event would have a lower percentage of the final capacity than 80%? If you're gonna go that far then you may as well use a first team fixture (a cup game if we have one) as a test event

A bit of cabling going on...the red cable is the fire system...pretty ironic...
Also more evidence of how shit corporate taste is...
DtL2OrcW0AAZRER.jpg:large

DtL2PclWkAABpPd.jpg:large

DtL2RA0WwAAaScw.jpg:large

DtL2SJZXQAA7McO.jpg:large

Why do people think one of the has to be 50,000 capacity? I find it strange that that would be necessary criteria, when the full capacity is only 12,000 more. Surely a test event would have a lower percentage of the final capacity than 80%? If you're gonna go that far then you may as well use a first team fixture (a cup game if we have one) as a test event
They might not want to do that since not all ST holders would be able to go. For an FA Cup game where the away team sell out their allocation and all ST holders want to go, there's only 2-3k tickets even available to members at full capacity.

A test event is to ensure everything is in place to get substantially all of the maximum permitted spectators (62,062) out of the stadium in a reasonably short time and test out all the 'critical safety systems', adequate sizes of exits and stairs etc. Its not necessary to have all 62,062 people there as times can be scaled up, hence the idea of 50,000+ being a decent sample - but if Spurs got all 62.062 spectators in, no doubt it would be even more straightforward to certify as being safe

But it can't be a game held as a commercial venture charging full prices for a test event - only after its got the full ground certificate can Spurs hold a game there charging on a commercial basis

Copied from Spurs Community:

" Meet this guy briefly today who was from Corg / Korg (no idea who / what they are) and he was the guy in charge of the electrical systems safety inspection and would be the person who eventually would have to sign off on the stadium for it to open.

So having seen the news today I was excited and brought up the test events - he said he expected them both (?) to be cancelled and had no idea why the club had announced them as it was not even close to being ready. I said that sounds very unlikely given the bad PR it would cause. He shrugged. I asked how far away he thought the electrics were from being sorted - he said 'with a fair wind in time for the beginning of next season, but most likely September / October'.

This will not be an official "Test" event, it's to small ... we will be required to complete two official test events probably 30,000 and 50,000+ ... we may get away with just one but that would require some special dispensations and after Grenfell don't hold your breath, these event(s) cannot be held until all the ground safety certificates are in place, these event(s) will be the final steps in getting our FLA licence ...

It's have been told (by a very exited young man) that we now have the required permissions for public access to several areas of the ground, including the entire South Stand ... this is because the South Stand is relatively 'simple' in terms of interior and systems ... it's just a big, mostly empty, metal and glass shell ...

MACE would not confirm dates today but did express 'a high degree of confidence' that all safety certificates will soon be received ... tests are not yet complete, but the critical areas that previously failed have apparently now passed ...

Just wish I could be there on the 16th ... I am led to understand that the lucky bastards who do turn up are going to get quite a show ...
Where the fuck is this coming from? Boots on the ground ITK from self-exile in Thailand?

Copied from Spurs Community:

" Meet this guy briefly today who was from Corg / Korg (no idea who / what they are) and he was the guy in charge of the electrical systems safety inspection and would be the person who eventually would have to sign off on the stadium for it to open.

So having seen the news today I was excited and brought up the test events - he said he expected them both (?) to be cancelled and had no idea why the club had announced them as it was not even close to being ready. I said that sounds very unlikely given the bad PR it would cause. He shrugged. I asked how far away he thought the electrics were from being sorted - he said 'with a fair wind in time for the beginning of next season, but most likely September / October'.
That sounds like a fucking load of shite. What, did they forget to install any electrical systems whatsoever?

Another year to fix the electrical systems? Fuck off. Electrical work is damn complicated and far more finicky than most on this forum has appreciated, but that's just not credible.

Fucking hell, absolutely nothing to do with Spurs.

The hypocrisy in this is utter madness.

“To be fair the Tottenham job was the best in London – £360 a day is unheard of – so obviously people jumped on this job because of the money.

Union representatives say it is one of the latest examples of the way in which the so-called “gig economy” is hitting traditionally stable trades.

That sounds like a fucking load of shite. What, did they forget to install any electrical systems whatsoever?

Another year to fix the electrical systems? Fuck off. Electrical work is damn complicated and far more finicky than most on this forum has appreciated, but that's just not credible.
You could build an entire stadium in less time, literally. We are getting to the point where it seems as if they just hadn't installed fire/electrical systems at all - like they forgot and then someone pointed it out or something.

So much good, bad, and demonstrably false information around the build from a variety of sources that I am basically at the point where I won't believe it is actually opening until a ball is kicked for a league game.

Back
Top Bottom