New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For the big launch event - we don't seem to do big tifo displays and we can't have giant flags, but as an upgrade on holding up sheets of card it would be great to do a whole stadium display like at Olympics 2012 - only instead of the lights being between the seats, each supporter holds up their phone screen.
A proprietary app would then sync the screen display to show whatever is programmed in - say a giant display scrolling around West - North - East, and a unique one for South Stand.
And since everyone wants to film it, let the camera record at the same time.
It's still in concept atm though...

How to Create the Killer App for Sports Venues through Mobile Application Development

App lets stadium crowds display giant messages with their phones

Charging a quid for entry to the text event is peak Levy.

Its almost commendable.

:levyeyes:
I'm normally a cynic but I think they must be telling the truth that it's about testing new systems. By the time you take out the card transaction and Ticketmaster fees there'd be practically no revenue left from 6k tickets at £1 each.

I'm normally a cynic but I think they must be telling the truth that it's about testing new systems. By the time you take out the card transaction and Ticketmaster fees there'd be practically no revenue left from 6k tickets at £1 each.

Well i thought this, but what new systems? From a ticket "purchasing" point of view nothing is changing surely?

To me it seems they are just looking to recoup the cost of sending the tickets out.

Well i thought this, but what new systems? From a ticket "purchasing" point of view nothing is changing surely?

To me it seems they are just looking to recoup the cost of sending the tickets out.
They're not sending tickets out - it's going on the Season Ticket cards. I expect what they're looking to test is that a ticket purchased online is then automatically added to the new cards which then work the correct turnstyle. While the same technology, it's a different system to that at Wembley, hence why our 18/19 cards haven't been able to be used there, so worth checking. And I doubt we can do that without charging anyone as otherwise Ticketmaster (who we're contractually obliged to use) would be doing the admin at a loss.

Back
Top Bottom