New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nike North London Stadium?
D1TcktaXQAEX0Q9

Honestly it really couldn’t be any better than this!!!
White Hart Lane!!! - That’s amazing to have that in the name. Amazing!!!
North London - Giving us the claim
Nike - At least it’s a sports brand and not a Airline, dodgy criminal regime or BOTH!

Nike - At least it’s a sports brand and not a Airline, dodgy criminal regime or BOTH!
I don't like it. I think it's an atrocious idea to have a kit sponsor with stadium naming rights. It's hard to see this not depressing the value of our kit sponsorship long term. Is Adidas, etc. going to want to bid for our kit deal for a club playing at Nike Stadium? The brand dilution would have any half-wit athletic wear executive running for the hills. Are we going to be stuck with Nike kits for the next 15 or more years? Are they going to low-ball kit bids because nobody else is interested?

It's better than having a big red AIA for another generation, but I'm really not impressed.

I don't like it. I think it's an atrocious idea to have a kit sponsor with stadium naming rights. It's hard to see this not depressing the value of our kit sponsorship long term. Is Adidas, etc. going to want to bid for our kit deal for a club playing at Nike Stadium? The brand dilution would have any half-wit athletic wear executive running for the hills. Are we going to be stuck with Nike kits for the next 15 or more years? Are they going to low-ball kit bids because nobody else is interested?

It's better than having a big red AIA for another generation, but I'm really not impressed.
I assume the kit supplier deal would be combined with the stadium naming rights.

Do you know how much money we are getting from it?

Would you rather Dunkin' Donuts Stadium?

Right now I'm elated to have White Hart Lane (if this indeed is real) in the name. I couldn't give a shit about shirt sponsor and Stadium naming partner brand suppression. We have a 15yr deal with Nike shirt deal, so we were not going to change supplier anytime soon unless like Chavs they get a bigger deal that covers termination clause (like the Chavs).

That looks fake as shit. The spacing between letters is off and they aren’t aligned properly.
I assume the stadium will have a sponsor before the first match, though, so we will know soon enough.

Looked fake as soon as I saw it on Twitter. Bog-standard Calibri font and the kerning is shite.

If Nike sponsors the stadium, it's just because Knight is fed up with Brits' insistence on mispronouncing his company's name, and is thus willing to spend some coin so that the name gets mentioned on the tele a million times a year.

But, I really, really, really don't think Nike is going to pop their stadium naming cherry over us. It doesn't fit the marketing model of the industry...their product and imagery is already in the stadium and on the pitch. Their brand is already instantly recognizable to basically everyone in the world that isn't part of some remote tribe. There's no ROI to putting their name on a stadium.

D1TcktaXQAEX0Q9

Honestly it really couldn’t be any better than this!!!
White Hart Lane!!! - That’s amazing to have that in the name. Amazing!!!
North London - Giving us the claim
Look at the space between the L and A of lane and the A and N of lane.

Fake.

Maybe I've lost the thread here, but who the fuck is going to pay for a stadium to have a generic name? Tottenham Hotspur stadium? North London Stadium? What are they getting with their money? Certainly not exposure. Maybe to the few million Spurs fans world wide who (eventually) learn that a mysterious benefactor has sponsored the stadium only to give it a non-branded name because they love us so much? Doesn't make any sense to me, but, admittedly, I am tired and whiskeyed.

:llorisunsure:

But will there be a Bill Nicholson stand?

Any player coming to Spurs, whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing.

That looks fake as shit. The spacing between letters is off and they aren’t aligned properly.
I assume the stadium will have a sponsor before the first match, though, so we will know soon enough.

totally fake.
why all of a sudden is white hart lane referenced, after the club dropping it a couple of years ago.

most new stadiums don't have a sponsor right away.

It's hard to see this not depressing the value of our kit sponsorship long term. Is Adidas, etc. going to want to bid for our kit deal for a club playing at Nike Stadium? The brand dilution would have any half-wit athletic wear executive running for the hills. Are we going to be stuck with Nike kits for the next 15 or more years? Are they going to low-ball kit bids because nobody else is interested?

I'm sure the name of the stadium is allowed to change... plenty of Stadia have changed names down the years....
Either the 'upside down V' is our new 'A' or it's not... can't have BOTH, surely?? /\.... A...?

But will there be a Bill Nicholson stand?

Any player coming to Spurs, whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing.
:eriksenserious::eriksenlol:

Kit and stadium sponsorship would be tied together obviously. Much like we have Audi as a sponsor so obviously can't have any other competing brands sponsoring us either.

Whilst I would prefer them separate, as long as the two contracts (assuming my it isn't on one contract) expire together it's not an issue: Bolton used to play at the reebok, now they play at the macron.

The biggest thing for us is that it's the same site, so at least our support will call it White Hart Lane

Back
Top Bottom