New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The safe standing study report is due "soon". If the PL gets the go-ahead for the 2021-22 season I imagine the club would have to offer those in the south lower the opportunity to relocate if they wish to sit, which should free up a number of places.

Were you allowed to drink in the terraces? I know people used to go to the stands an hour or so prior, I assume you kept drinking.
Yes, but only for a year or so after i left school in 84(i think).
Most people use to spill it anyway,complete waste of time.
And i knew a few people that treated the bars under the shelf as there pre match pub of choice.
Personally when i was old enough get served, i always preferred the pub before/after the game to drinking in the ground. Still do, through normal have a couple post match to let the crowds go.

Yes, but only for a year or so after i left school in 84(i think).
Most people use to spill it anyway,complete waste of time.
And i knew a few people that treated the bars under the shelf as there pre match pub of choice.
Personally when i was old enough get served, i always preferred the pub before/after the game to drinking in the ground. Still do, through normal have a couple post match to let the crowds go.
Im enjoying the pre match at the ground and the goal line can / should be the closest to that to the pub and then the ground as we can get in modern day. If we manage to get a few 100 regularly noisy and take that to the ground it can only improve things.

I have just realized I am one of the aging supporters rather than the young that need to be encouraged (*it hurts) - It just comes down to cost and getting 15-25 year olds into the ground as a general rule they are the ones that bring the energy.

Im enjoying the pre match at the ground and the goal line can / should be the closest to that to the pub and then the ground as we can get in modern day. If we manage to get a few 100 regularly noisy and take that to the ground it can only improve things.

I have just realized I am one of the aging supporters rather than the young that need to be encouraged (*it hurts) - It just comes down to cost and getting 15-25 year olds into the ground as a general rule they are the ones that bring the energy.
They need to put something in place where young/like minded supporters can sit together if they want to recreate the atmosphere we once had at football in this country.
As was said by others nowadays you go to a game and your mates are all in different sections.You have aresult if they are in the same end.

Last edited:
Yeah I meant that area when I said south east lower - that whole corner is still the liveliest. Where I will look for a ticket for soton game.

Yeah I’m on the other side of the goal in the south stand and thinking of moving there if I can. I’ve got 3/4 season ticket holders in the row in front of me who are utter bellends the times they bother to turn up to games.

I swear there are people who prefer going to the market place before the game and singing more than they do in the actual stadium.

They need to put something in place where young/like minded supporters can sit together if they want to recreate the atmosphere we once had at football in this country.
As was said by others nowadays you go to a game and your mates are all in different sections.You have result if they are in the same end.
I agree - tickets on the day where you have to queue is my solution. To get around security concerns you still need to load it on to your "fancard" with a nominated bank card and you get allocated a "Seat" - you can buy a group together in this way and the club knows who should be in the seat in the same way it does now.

there are downsides and things to be ironed out but its the only way I can imagine to get people sitting together.

I agree - tickets on the day where you have to queue is my solution. To get around security concerns you still need to load it on to your "fancard" with a nominated bank card and you get allocated a "Seat" - you can buy a group together in this way and the club knows who should be in the seat in the same way it does now.

there are downsides and things to be ironed out but its the only way I can imagine to get people sitting together.
does the member network solve some of this - it takes a bit of advance planning and you need to trust people to manage your tickets though.
My Network

does the member network solve some of this - it takes a bit of advance planning and you need to trust people to manage your tickets though.
My Network
a little but you still need to get the tickets together getting 10-20 together wont be possible. You only need a couple of noisy groups concentrated in an area to really improve the atmosphere

The safe standing study report is due "soon". If the PL gets the go-ahead for the 2021-22 season I imagine the club would have to offer those in the south lower the opportunity to relocate if they wish to sit, which should free up a number of places.
Well they put a very big emphasis on the safe standing area when selling season tickets, stating that only those that would wish to stand, and are physically able to, should purchase in this area. They also restricted this area to those 18 and over.

Anyone who still went ahead and bought a ticket in this area but doesn't want to stand is a dickhead, to be honest.

Well they put a very big emphasis on the safe standing area when selling season tickets, stating that only those that would wish to stand, and are physically able to, should purchase in this area. They also restricted this area to those 18 and over.

Anyone who still went ahead and bought a ticket in this area but doesn't want to stand is a dickhead, to be honest.

Annoying thing is you see loads of really young kids in there now.

18 was a stupid age but then at least enforce it for members. (Although saying that will be trying to get my son a ticket for Soton in safe standing now I’ve seen kids there)

But he’s 15 and 6ft tall. Think he is just about capable of standing up.

Very good point; I forgot about that. It won’t stop some dickheads from moaning though. Best to let them move if they don’t like it.

Annoying thing is you see loads of really young kids in there now.

18 was a stupid age but then at least enforce it for members. (Although saying that will be trying to get my son a ticket for Soton in safe standing now I’ve seen kids there)

But he’s 15 and 6ft tall. Think he is just about capable of standing up.
Well I guess the thinking is a season ticket seat is supposed to be permanent, whereas a member buying a ticket before the club are legally permitted to provide a safe standing area is very different.

Back
Top Bottom