New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss the latest matches, our players and any transfer news surrounding Spurs. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Register to remove

If I remember correctly the NFL was a certain amount of games over a set number of years. Plenty of time to make up any lost games from the next year or 2 with them have 4 games a year here. Could in fact help us in the long term by them having to hold games woth us and not Wembley (I think the contract is about to finish). Could put us in a stronger position if a team was ever based here.

Comment
If I remember correctly the NFL was a certain amount of games over a set number of years. Plenty of time to make up any lost games from the next year or 2 with them have 4 games a year here. Could in fact help us in the long term by them having to hold games woth us and not Wembley (I think the contract is about to finish). Could put us in a stronger position if a team was ever based here.
Think it was 20 games over 10 years - but we only did one in 2019 so already scheduled to make one up over next 8 years, now its 3 extra over next 8 years.

Worth about £3m - £4m a game I suspect with rent, food and drink plus merchandising sales.

We'll still get the money, just a shame we don't get it this autumn when we could probably most need it.

Comment

Register to remove

Nutter-Naylor

Supporter

The govt (@DCMS) is due a final report on standing from @SGSA_UK in July. It should enable @Conservatives ministers to take an evidence-based decision to honour their election pledge to introduce safe standing. So by the time crowds return, rail seats like this may be the norm.

Comment

The govt (@DCMS) is due a final report on standing from @SGSA_UK in July. It should enable @Conservatives ministers to take an evidence-based decision to honour their election pledge to introduce safe standing. So by the time crowds return, rail seats like this may be the norm.
Hearing that the new COVID-19 hood feature is also looking to get approval at the same time too...................

Comment
Top Bottom