New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few questions to those that went
How did the entry passes and passports etc go
What was the attendance like
Any anti Levy or Kane chants
Any booing for kneeling.
Passes fine... bit of a longer queue than normal on Park Lane because of the fiddling around with mobiles and sunshine on screens when scanning (presume will be considerably worse next week with larger attendance) but OK... ticket at street level, Covid pass at the security arches upstairs, ticket again at barrier (doofus here kept putting it the wrong way up...)
Attendance... top levels closed except South?Seemed pretty full in South behind me... North bit patchy. About a quarter I think maybe less stayed for Women's game.
Chants... nope.
Kneeling... applause.

Bit shocked to see the Northumberland Park matchday shop has morphed into a Tesco Express (didn't seem open yet but about to... shop having a meeting inside).
Bet some of the local businesses are thrilled about that.

Any news on Covid passport/double jab requirements to get into the stadium for the City game? unless i have missed it, i haven't seen anything from the club for this fixture?

Any news on Covid passport/double jab requirements to get into the stadium for the City game? unless i have missed it, i haven't seen anything from the club for this fixture?
There aren't any. Yesterday was just a trial because the Government's threatening to make them mandatory from October (except it would be double-vax only, no testing option).

great, thanks for that!
And a few hours after I post this, the PL change their minds...

"From the start of the 2021/22 season, match-going fans should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours."

Sounds like it might be spot checks rather than the full shebang but still

The stadium only makes money if people pay to visit it to watch sport, eat and drink etc

Or if they visit to go to an exhibition or conference held at stadium or a music venue etc.

Ever heard of covid restrictions ? No people at stadium = no match day revenue, no other income from events etc and £200m less revenue in last year or so.

Maybe that has a bearing on why teams (except ManCity and Chelsea mainly ) are broke
That is something that I continue to find difficult that people don't understand.
Yes we have the stadium but at the end of the day if no one is in it, visiting, spending money in it, then we are no better off. Plus we now have the expense of paying it off without the bonus of the increased income.

A few questions to those that went
How did the entry passes and passports etc go
What was the attendance like
Any anti Levy or Kane chants
Any booing for kneeling.
There was a queue around the stadium. I am not sure who was supposed to scan my pass because I didn't even show it to anyone.
It was a third full.
No anti Levy or Kane chants.
Why would there be booing for kneeling? We have always clapped it.

There was a queue around the stadium. I am not sure who was supposed to scan my pass because I didn't even show it to anyone.
It was a third full.
No anti Levy or Kane chants.
Why would there be booing for kneeling? We have always clapped it.

I had a proper Covid Passport check, just before the 'Search' bit in the South Stand. Seemed quite thorough which surprised me to be honest

I had a proper Covid Passport check, just before the 'Search' bit in the South Stand. Seemed quite thorough which surprised me to be honest
I was in a queue near the northeast for the south stand and this was 50 minutes before the game. Maybe they just let people through.

I was in a queue near the northeast for the south stand and this was 50 minutes before the game. Maybe they just let people through.
Wouldn't surprise me. Queue was getting quite long so if they'd have carried on at that speed it would have built up.
Was meant to be mandatory at Wembley for the Euros and the stewards didn't care (was least of their problems to be honest). A bit more organized at Tottenham which is good.

And a few hours after I post this, the PL change their minds...

"From the start of the 2021/22 season, match-going fans should be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative lateral flow test in the previous 48 hours."

Sounds like it might be spot checks rather than the full shebang but still
Think they are just trying to prepare fans if the Government bring it in. No decision made yet and hopefully will not happen. Does not sound as if yesterday or Euros were very well dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom