New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It isn’t great news. The club designed scheme was much better set out. Lend lease and the council are just putting up cheap bog standard tower blocks with a reduced amount of commercial space compared to the club‘s plans. A shame as it could have been so much better than what it will be. They’ve fucked it somewhat.

Plenty of brown envelopes involved then for sure.

Labour council

Doesn’t matter about the council. I live in a Tory area and some of the planning decisions are clearly influenced by people lining their own pockets.

Although looking at the the two different schemes the spurs one had less social housing planned. Probably a discussion point there straightaway.

I’m sure there are plenty on the local council not happy at the amount of private housing that’s being built around that area.
They must spend a fortune on housing people in that area already.

Doesn’t matter about the council. I live in a Tory area and some of the planning decisions are clearly influenced by people lining their own pockets.

Although looking at the the two different schemes the spurs one had less social housing planned. Probably a discussion point there straightaway.

I’m sure there are plenty on the local council not happy at the amount of private housing that’s being built around that area.
I was joking, completely agree they are both on the take

If that’s the reason for decision (more social housing), then it’s hard to argue

I was joking, completely agree they are both on the take

If that’s the reason for decision (more social housing), then it’s hard to argue

Reading the judgement, the issue of social housing doesn't seem to appear at all.

FYI, Lendlease have an awful reputation of getting out of obligations placed on them in planning consents with local councils throughout UK. So wouldn't surprise me one bit if social housing actually built is a lot less than the consented plan.

From memory, the club planned to build the social housing on another site.

Being 28 i obviously wasn’t around when WHL had terracing, seeing old pics of the shelf packed out really makes me wish I lived in that era, my old man always spoke about how everyone hated coming to Tottenham because of how hostile it was. Such a shame there’s not much footage of it as the tv cameras were on the shelf. Anyone got any stories from the shelf they’d like to share?

Being 28 i obviously wasn’t around when WHL had terracing, seeing old pics of the shelf packed out really makes me wish I lived in that era, my old man always spoke about how everyone hated coming to Tottenham because of how hostile it was. Such a shame there’s not much footage of it as the tv cameras were on the shelf. Anyone got any stories from the shelf they’d like to share?

Seven Sisters Road post match and the Corner Pin bottleneck were pretty unpleasant places for away fans for 25-30 years from the early 70s onwards. Extremely intimidating.

Very few away fans came near the Shelf. They might have some initial success when it was empty but as soon as it started filling up they would be destroyed.

Same with the Park Lane. A few teams did OK at various times, Millwall for one but mostly away fans knew to stay well clear. I can't remember any teams from outside London ever trying to 'take' it.

Bobcat goldthwaite Bobcat goldthwaite has an excellent memory for all those shenanigans.

Wasn't it a youth game and they were in there about 2 hours before kick off? No wonder they are 50 years undefeated.
If we are talking about the youth cup final,in 81 then yes.
They turned up mob handed and got in there early doors,they may have even been put in there to get them off the streets. Hardly anyone was in there. I was in the seats in the Paxton. It wasn't a big crowd anyway,but the hammers turning up in a mob caught people unawares. . Didn't have a problem with them before that. Got a bit of a dig whilst queuing up with my dad at the boys entrance in Paxton road,near Worcester avenue. Didn't like them much since then.

If we are talking about the youth cup final,in 81 then yes.
They turned up mob handed and got in there early doors,they may have even been put in there to get them off the streets. Hardly anyone was in there. I was in the seats in the Paxton. It wasn't a big crowd anyway,but the hammers turning up in a mob caught people unawares. . Didn't have a problem with them before that. Got a bit of a dig whilst queuing up with my dad at the boys entrance in Paxton road,near Worcester avenue.

That's the one.

It was an eventful evening.
I was looking splendid,or so I thought in my rolled up blue and white Geno hat,which a lot us young skinheads were wearing at the time. A big mob of came round the corner and took exception to it.
Character building,I think they call it...

I had a few character building exercises in those days.

As someone cleverer than me once said.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened.

I had a few character building exercises in those days.

As someone cleverer than me once said.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened.
I will quote that from now on when discussing the past.
West ham were responsible for few character building experiences for me down the years.
Ray Clemence testimonial when there were about 5 of left in the Milford and they put the windows in and attacked us.(to be fair to them,they were going to give us a miss,but some numpty gobbed off at them so they turned the attention on us in the pub).
Being encouraged to leave the Boleyn pub in a hail of bottles and glasses at their place.
And having my planned pre-match pint in the bank cancelled,due to them kindly re doing the air conditioning free of charge .
There are others as well.
Bit of a nemesis to me that lot🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom