New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like the fact that we don't have some company's name attached to the stadium and that it's our name that is mentioned all the time, whether it's for our games, concerts, NFL, etc
That has to be worth as much as any sponsorship.

Why still no naming rights? I don't get it...surely it's at least 200m quid of free money? What's levy dicking around for?
I'd venture to guess that having the name freely able to change at any time makes us a more attractive prospect to any potential investors in the club, which could very well be the reason we haven't been willing to accept just any deal on the table for it. If we lock ourselves into a 10+ year stadium name rights deal (most of them run for ages, don't think Emirates have had to renew their deal with Woolwich yet?) it will be years before any prospective new owner can put their branding on the stadium. City's owners did it with the Etihad, I don't doubt SJP will eventually be renamed once again, probably after extensive renovation work. I'd say Levy and ENIC are definitely open to the prospect of selling a minor stake in the club, having naming rights to offer would certainly sweeten any potential deal.

Gate receipts, boxes, catering etc...
but wonder what the profit on this is ? what are the stadium costs that this profit needs to cover ?
our 19 EPL home games need to cover all the annual stadium costs so that the extra days its used are profit feed into the club

Naming rights deals don't move the needle as much as you think financially, City's deal with Etihad gets them £15m per year

Why are you so eager to get this done? I've never understood this? :confused:
Is that 15 Mill over the table and 150 Mill under the table?

Naming rights deals don't move the needle as much as you think financially, City's deal with Etihad gets them £15m per year

15M a year in cash flow but you could leverage the 200M committed and borrow against it and bang the lot on Oshimen - who would guarantee CL for the next 3 or 4 seasons and return the 200M and more

To dare etc

And City's deal is a complete fraud.

Feel like we've done this topic to death, the reality is naming rights are worth fuck all. No reason to tarnish our stadium with some shit corporate name so that we pocket enough cash to buy a Danish teenager.

15M a year in cash flow but you could leverage the 200M committed and borrow against it and bang the lot on Oshimen - who would guarantee CL for the next 3 or 4 seasons and return the 200M and more

To dare etc
Well, we're looking likely to qualify for the CL next season without the expense - so you can't count that revenue towards rhe repayment. The CL is, also, not going to prove £50M/yr in the next 4 years.

Well, we're looking likely to qualify for the CL next season without the expense - so you can't count that revenue towards rhe repayment. The CL is, also, not going to prove £50M/yr in the next 4 years.
Looking to, but that’s 50/50 (actually less likely than that - 15/8 with bookies so 30/70) and subsequent years are even less likely with the two Saudi clubs etc.

Are you saying it’s less than 50M pa? No way, when you include CL TV it’s well over 50M for last 16 and more likely to be 75M.

It’s a smart investment and success adds a lot more indirect revenue too eg increased sponsorship and coverage at a time when we need to be at the top table pre SL

Yeah, though our dip in 2016 was due to the new stadium being built on the site.

Liverpool are going to 61k, WHU to 67k, City to 62k, and Newcastle might end up extending the Gallowgate and going to 60k ish also. I'd like us to have done another 10k, just for bragging rights.
Barcodes are also potentially looking to relocate or knock down and rebuild, they sent a survey on it to season ticket holders.

Back
Top Bottom