New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Q: Is this the final design of the stadium or is there scope for changes following the consultation period, before a planning application is submitted? A: This is a consultation period when feedback is invited and any appropriate changes can be made prior to making the application.
Thank fuck for that. Bagsie fish tank behind the royal box, glass-screened infinity pools in the VIP sections and snakeskin seats for the single tier stand. Maybe also a rollercoaster around the entire stadium for hardcore fans to vicariously experience the ups and downs of Spursy fates, in not just emotional terms, for as long as their knees hold out. Hopefully Haringey Council will trump up the cash for the changes. And don't forget the hologramatic replay machine in the contract.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ith-Woolwich--not-go-to-wembley-10398070.html

Wim5iWG.gif

As I have said many a time I'm very worried about our 'temporary move'. Leaving our fate in the hands of another club, Wembley, whatever, is something that makes me very nervous.

We stand the risk of becoming hostages to fortune, or more precisely, ill-fortune. What happens if the building works on our new stadium overrun? Doubtless we will draw up contracts with all sorts of 'safety net clauses', but life has a horrible habit of going wrong, and the law sometimes isn't sufficient to put it right.

It looks like Milton Keynes will be our temporary home, as we should be able to deliver our fixtures to a standard the Prem requires from there. But it's not ideal, to say the least.

The thought of us fucking up on this, and getting chucked out of the Prem because we don't have a home fit for purpose is frightening to say the least. A 61k stadium in the Conference :eek:

Getting this move right and us safely back into the new stadium is going to be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced during their ownership of this club, I hope they're up to the task.

It looks like Milton Keynes will be our temporary home, as we should be able to deliver our fixtures to a standard the Prem requires from there. But it's not ideal, to say the least.

The thought of us fucking up on this, and getting chucked out of the Prem because we don't have a home fit for purpose is frightening to say the least. A 61k stadium in the Conference :eek:
Teams with lesser stadiums have survived the ban hammer just fine. I highly doubt Levy et al would move us to a location, which would cause us to be "chucked out of the League."

Besides, has a team ever been banished to the Conference from the Premier League, because their ground was a bit shit? I would be interested to see the cause for your concern with actual evidence, because it seems a bit OTT.

As I have said many a time I'm very worried about our 'temporary move'. Leaving our fate in the hands of another club, Wembley, whatever, is something that makes me very nervous.

We stand the risk of becoming hostages to fortune, or more precisely, ill-fortune. What happens if the building works on our new stadium overrun? Doubtless we will draw up contracts with all sorts of 'safety net clauses', but life has a horrible habit of going wrong, and the law sometimes isn't sufficient to put it right.

Getting this move right and us safely back into the new stadium is going to be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced during their ownership of this club, I hope they're up to the task.

I'm sorry, this has to be a parody account. Thrown out of the premier league? Behave yourself.

:goonermong:

What the living fuck are you on about.

Milton Keynes will be hosting the rugby world cup... I am sure it can cope with Premier league... I mean Blackpool and now Bournemouth have / had their shitty grounds in the premier league.

Does look like Wembley is off the cards though. If it is true that it can only host 39 events and we are not allowed to use 2 grounds. Even if we used it for the 19 league games only Wembley has:

Conference play off final
League 2 play off final
league one play off final
Championship play off final
League cup final
2 FA Cup Semi finals
FA Cup Final
JPT Final
FA Vase Final
Community Shield
Womans FA Cup Final
4* England home games
3 NFL International series games

That is 19 events that I can think of off the top of my head...

Milton Keynes will be hosting the rugby world cup... I am sure it can cope with Premier league... I mean Blackpool and now Bournemouth have / had their shitty grounds in the premier league.

Does look like Wembley is off the cards though. If it is true that it can only host 39 events and we are not allowed to use 2 grounds. Even if we used it for the 19 league games only Wembley has:

Conference play off final
League 2 play off final
league one play off final
Championship play off final
League cup final
2 FA Cup Semi finals
FA Cup Final
JPT Final
FA Vase Final
Community Shield
Womans FA Cup Final
4* England home games
3 NFL International series games

That is 19 events that I can think of off the top of my head...
hmmmm..I bet they let chelski use it though. The Russian will errmmmm loan? money to several councillors, which may or may not be written off later

Back
Top Bottom