New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Scudamore demonstrating his understanding of all things football I see.

Though I would find it amusing if we played at the effeminates as the home team while Woolwich sat in the away end of their own stadium...and the fact that by the time the new WHL was built we would have 61,000 more seats than them!!
Would be really amusing to out-draw them in their own ground.

But that doesn't out-weigh the depression of going there in the first place.

The thought of us fucking up on this, and getting chucked out of the Prem because we don't have a home fit for purpose is frightening to say the least. A 61k stadium in the Conference :eek:

Getting this move right and us safely back into the new stadium is going to be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced during their ownership of this club, I hope they're up to the task.
Imagine £61k in a local derby against Braintree though...that's what dreams are made of!

Seriously though mate, do you honestly think Levy won't have a plan in place should the build time exceed that of a season? Course he will. He'll just assume that it'll all be done on time and to schedule and he won't consider any options for the following season - definitely not. It'll be done. For sure. It has to be, right? Do building projects ever not get finished on time?

It's any wonder Levy doesn't have you on the board of directors to remind him of such possibilities - I doubt anyone within the club has even considered this? YOU SHOULD EMAIL THEM NOW MATE OR ELSE IT'S AWAY DAYS IN GRIMSBY FOR US ALL!!

Your ability to turn a massive positive for your beloved club into a negative is truly unique - and astounding.

And boring.

You say you care about the club - try fuckin' enjoying them for once rather than complaining and playing Devil's Advocate every single day.

"We won!"
"Yeah but we could have lost..."
"Yes but we didn't - three points in the bag. Get in!"
"But imagine if we lost. We'd have got no points. How depressing."
"But we didn't lose!!"
"But we could have lost"

:paulinhofacepalm:

Milton Keynes will be hosting the rugby world cup... I am sure it can cope with Premier league... I mean Blackpool and now Bournemouth have / had their shitty grounds in the premier league.

Does look like Wembley is off the cards though. If it is true that it can only host 39 events and we are not allowed to use 2 grounds. Even if we used it for the 19 league games only Wembley has:

Conference play off final
League 2 play off final
league one play off final
Championship play off final
League cup final
2 FA Cup Semi finals
FA Cup Final
JPT Final
FA Vase Final
Community Shield
Womans FA Cup Final
4* England home games
3 NFL International series games

That is 19 events that I can think of off the top of my head...
Wouldn't it just be crazy for them to maybe use that £800m tax funded stadium for more than 11% of the year...:avbcringe:

Wait, no no. I went mental there for a second. Carry on as you are everyone :goonermong:

Last edited:
i understand his point (I completely agree with it. a club should only have one home stadium in a season except in truly exceptional circumstances).

However, (not aimed at you, AY) I will need reminding which premier league chairman was pushing for an extra game to be played overseas. and where the integrity of the competition went then.

But isn't rebuilding a stadium an exceptional circumstance? It's not like it happens every couple of seasons. Considering how the PL will benefit from Spurs having a brand-spanking-new-state-of-the-art-stadium, surely they could let this one slide. Have most home games at Wembley and just use MK when there is absolutely no other option.

Richard Scudamore should get back in his box and stop making up bullshit rules. If a club is rebuilding THEIR OWN ground and can't play at it for that season, why shouldn't they use whatever grounds are available? This is absolute bollocks. If you can only ever use one ground in the Premier League send the fucking Wandering Cunts back to where they came from.

Last edited:
We'd be going to Milton Keynes for a season not fucking Somalia. Give me a break.
:pochfacepalm:

Iran-Tehran-hostages-640x400.jpg

20130805_092349_resized_2.jpg

But isn't rebuilding a stadium an exceptional circumstance? It's not like it happens every couple of seasons. Considering how the PL will benefit from Spurs having a brand-spanking-new-state-of-the-art-stadium, surely they could let this one slide. Have most home games at Wembley and just use MK when there is absolutely no other option.

For me, truly exceptional circumstances would be something you cant plan for.

I haven't seen anything on the microsite describing how the new stadium will respond to an attack by Decepticons. Why isn't ENIC planning for catastrophes?
Some of the posters on here thing Levy is a decepticon. New range, "shortbaldticons"

Every else knows it's no problem cos of the Autobots.
(pictured, Bumblebee in last years 3rd kit)

transformers-3-dotm-movie-kaiyodo-revoltech-038-bumblebee_MLM-F-2757812133_062012.jpg

I'd rather we played at the scumerites than MK fucking Dons.

It would piss them off way more than it could piss us off. We did the same for them after WWII so they us a favour.

Last game of the season we trash it though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom