New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well clearly many Spurs fans don't think West Ham are getting a great deal, because on this forum and others I have read many comments such as 'it will be flop', 'they won't get any significant added revenue', 'it will be half-empty', the 'seats are like deckchairs', 'they used to own their ground now they're just tenants so they now have less assets and are in a worse financial position', 'their fans will need binoculars', etc, etc.

So such views clearly indicate that even the small amounts West Ham have paid and will pay don't equate to them getting a great deal :thumbup:

Of course in actual fact West Ham have won the lottery and are getting a fantastic deal at the taxpayers' expense, which as Dee Gee correctly says is 'a scandal'.

Incidentally, I don't want this thread turning into an OS thread, so any more comments on this issue I will make in the OS thread I created :thumbup:

Well clearly many Spurs fans don't think West Ham are getting a great deal, because on this forum and others I have read many comments such as 'it will be flop', 'they won't get any significant added revenue', 'it will be half-empty', the 'seats are like deckchairs', 'they used to own their ground now they're just tenants so they now have less assets and are in a worse financial position', 'their fans will need binoculars', etc, etc.

So such views clearly indicate that even the small amounts West Ham have paid and will pay don't equate to them getting a great deal :thumbup:

Of course in actual fact West Ham have won the lottery and are getting a fantastic deal at the taxpayers' expense, which as Dee Gee correctly says is 'a scandal'.

Incidentally, I don't want this thread turning into an OS thread, so any more comments on this issue I will make in the OS thread I created :thumbup:

Please stop saying West Ham have won the lottery.

I even asked nicely.

As Yorkie pointed out a few pages back, Newcastle's 52,000 capacity hasn't helped them in recent years. Greaves' assumption that WH will automatically become a force, doesn't bear scrutiny.

We're doomed, all doomed....

HnAAKbW.jpg

I was assuming you thought we wouldn't fill it...or do you actually think Newcastle's match day profits are used for anything but lining Ashley's pockets?

As I have said many a time I'm very worried about our 'temporary move'. Leaving our fate in the hands of another club, Wembley, whatever, is something that makes me very nervous.

We stand the risk of becoming hostages to fortune, or more precisely, ill-fortune. What happens if the building works on our new stadium overrun? Doubtless we will draw up contracts with all sorts of 'safety net clauses', but life has a horrible habit of going wrong, and the law sometimes isn't sufficient to put it right.

It looks like Milton Keynes will be our temporary home, as we should be able to deliver our fixtures to a standard the Prem requires from there. But it's not ideal, to say the least.

The thought of us fucking up on this, and getting chucked out of the Prem because we don't have a home fit for purpose is frightening to say the least. A 61k stadium in the Conference :eek:

Getting this move right and us safely back into the new stadium is going to be the biggest challenge ENIC have faced during their ownership of this club, I hope they're up to the task.

The liquidated damages on a building project of this size would be so huge that it would be suicide for the main contractor to run late.

No guarantees I know but as near as damn it in the building game.

I was assuming you thought we wouldn't fill it...or do you actually think Newcastle's match day profits are used for anything but lining Ashley's pockets?

Not a fan of Ashley or any owner in particular, but the fact that he bailed them out of c.£80m debt seems to get completely lost.

I'm sure that overall cross-selling between his businesses has made Newcastle worthwhile, but I reckon as a stand alone deal it's been shit and maybe without him they'd be pretty much fucked.

Dick's Sporting Goods is similar to what Sports Direct is in the UK - has something like $6 Billion in revenue per year, so a massive firm.

Terrible name though.
Yeah, and problematic as well. We were walking into one about a month ago and my six-year-old daughter looks up at the store and says "Oh, I remember this place! I love Dick's!! Mommy, don't you love Dick's too?!"

:paulinhofacepalm:

By the way, both Kaboom and Paulinho are still showing up in the "Current Spurs" smilies.

Back
Top Bottom