New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If safe-standing comes to fruition it'll rise to 64-65k just through changing the single tier stand.

Once we ban big people from the ground and can therefore use smaller seats I reckon we can push upto 80-90K.

5'9 FT, 12 stone max size, of course this means I ban myself but it will be worth it to claim we as a club have the biggest dick in the prem.

With the scum's place, ours, West Ham's, and apparently Chelsea are expanding as well, then the likes of Palace will no doubt be looking to build a bit of extra capacity, eventually something has to give.

London's a big city but still, there's only so much appetite for watching football. The first club that could end up being on the losing end is obviously West Ham. For all their glee at getting that place, I can't see them becoming the next big thing in London like they reckon. Cheap tickets won't be enough to convert all of east London and Essex into West Ham fans. It never helped Charlton convert south London and Kent.

I don't think we will pack out the new place each week by any means, nowhere near. But hopefully we will increase the fanbase while maybe eventually seeing better ticket prices as well although I doubt that last bit!

Not at all, I'm embarrassed by our support and the 41,000 on the ST waiting list that are supposedly gagging to go to games. It's only £25!
People want to go to games, yet can only go to games they can. Even ST holders sometimes cannot make it to every game. Otherwise there would be less available to buy.
Some members may have been able to purchase tickets for the Leicester /Sunderland home games and cannot afford/make it on Sunday at 4pm and wednesday at 8pm/Sat 4pm.
Being a member you don't always get to be able to purchase tickets for the 'A' games. It's usually the Sunderlands and Leicesters that are available ( although probably more ST holders will turn up for LCFC this time around).
Besides there were not a lot of tickets left for GS on 21st after all tiers of members had had the auto cup option/ opportunity to buy.
Find nothing really embarrassing about it.

Selling out the stadium from day one is probably the worst thing that could happen. If the stadiums selling out, that just means the prices aren't high enough.
Besides this isn't a stadium just for the next 5 or 10 years. This is 100 years+. Football in general is going to peak and trough as the years pass by. Its on the dive now really, and it might be that in 5 years, the demand for tickets and prices are so out of alignment that theres a crash and people stop going. From a fans view thats what we want, from a league and club point of view it obviously isn't.

Once we ban big people from the ground and can therefore use smaller seats I reckon we can push upto 80-90K.

5'9 FT, 12 stone max size, of course this means I ban myself but it will be worth it to claim we as a club have the biggest dick in the prem.
AKA the Barca model

Would love this to be true, so much. How did you hear it?
More noises coming from "Skyscrapercity" posters regarding Wembley without top tier for a single season. The site has been very accurate and trustworthy regarding all things Spurs in the past. They have 3 or 4 quite reliable posters who clearly get info from within WHL.
They are also saying that the Chavs will not be a problem as they are nowhere near as advanced as we are with regards to planning and building timeline.
Would be a major boost if true.

More noises coming from "Skyscrapercity" posters regarding Wembley without top tier for a single season. The site has been very accurate and trustworthy regarding all things Spurs in the past. They have 3 or 4 quite reliable posters who clearly get info from within WHL.
They are also saying that the Chavs will not be a problem as they are nowhere near as advanced as we are with regards to planning and building timeline.
Would be a major boost if true.
on the subject of the chavs...taking into account the proximity of their shitbox to the district line and overground lines, i reckon it would cause massive closures on those lines. Im sure a suitably organised pubic protest would cause hassles for them.I, for example, couldnt afford to travel to work of those lines are closed down.

It'll be like the '81/82 season where the West Stand was a building site and the ground was effectively 3 sided...
...didn't do us any harm (League position & FA Cup) that year!

It'll be like the '81/82 season where the West Stand was a building site and the ground was effectively 3 sided...
...didn't do us any harm (League position & FA Cup) that year!
Main differance back then being, you could turn up on the day and pay your £1.50/£2.00 to get into the east stand. With the Paxton gone the capacity will be reduced to about 25k/26k. Even with the West stand development taking place the rest of the stadium would have been packed like sardines, there were a few games touching the 40k mark with the West stand out of action.

People here are talking about why Dortmund have this flag and scarves-thing while we don't and are blaming it on ticket-prices. I have always wondered why there is no culture for this in Great Britain, and to be honest I don't think ticket prices has anything to do with it.
The thing is, that Die Gelbe Wand and many other supporter-stands in Europe are quite organized groups (Ultras) which attend the games. The supporting groups cooperates with the clubs to make the best possible atmosphere, and the club usually "gives" determined blocks, sections or stands to theses groups. Often you have to be a paying member in a supporter club in order to stand in these sections, and the leaders of the groups often supply these supporters with flags/banners etc.
I reckon the 1882 Movement as a positive initiative, which in the future also could operate as an own supporter club with it's own sections in the new single-tier stand. This is of course up to THFC and a good cooperation with the supporters.
I don't mind lower ticket prices though, but to say that prices are equal to atmosphere is kind of a false argument.

Last edited:
People here are talking about why Dortmund have this flag and scarves-thing while we don't and are blaming it on ticket-prices. I have always wondered why there is no culture for this in Great Britain, and to be honest I don't think ticket prices has anything to do with it.
The thing is, that Die Gelbe Wand and many other supporter-stands in Europe are quite organized groups (Ultras) which attend the games. The supporting groups cooperates with the clubs to make the best possible atmosphere, and the club usually "gives" determined blocks, sections or stands to theses groups. Often you have to be a paying member in a supporter club in order to stand in these sections, and the leaders of the groups often supply these supporters with flags/banners etc.
I reckon the 1882 Movement as a positive initiative, which in the future also could operate as an own supporter club with it's own sections in the new single-tier stand. This is of course up to THFC and a good cooperation with the supporters.
I don't mind lower ticket prices though, but to say that prices are equal to atmosphere is kind of a false argument.
Ultra culture (I should trademark that) goes against the grain of how the English consume football. We don't wear colours, we spend as much time as possible in the pub and as little as possible in the ground, we pride ourselves on humorous off-the-cuff chanting rather than choreographed displays.

1882 will never be genuinely ultra, but more of a hybrid between ultra and traditional English support.

Back
Top Bottom