New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Supporters-Club-COYS-WHL-Aerial-Shot.jpg

Genuine Question. Those complaining about Wembley and it's effect on our performances: Would you prefer us to play at Milton Keynes next season?
If we play anything like we have the last 1 2 3 4 5 6 times we've played there, then anywhere would be preferable!

If capacity wasn't an option, I'd be happy with Brisbane Road... at least it's a nice tight ground!

talking of which... have they demolished Upton Park yet...? 'cos that can generate quite an atmosphere!!
(plus we could tear the place down on the final game of next season! ...i'm sure most Spurs fans would be happy to help! Just a thought!!

If we play anything like we have the last 1 2 3 4 5 6 times we've played there, then anywhere would be preferable!

If capacity wasn't an option, I'd be happy with Brisbane Road... at least it's a nice tight ground!

talking of which... have they demolished Upton Park yet...? 'cos that can generate quite an atmosphere!!
(plus we could tear the place down on the final game of next season! ...i'm sure most Spurs fans would be happy to help! Just a thought!!
I thought they began tearing it as soon as last season was over. Anyway, West Ham have an inferiority complex with us - we have a rivalry apparently so we'll never hear the end of it.

I like the idea of playing at the Orient ground. It's not far from Tottenham either.

I thought they began tearing it as soon as last season was over. Anyway, West Ham have an inferiority complex with us - we have a rivalry apparently so we'll never hear the end of it.

I like the idea of playing at the Orient ground. It's not far from Tottenham either.
Over half of the current season ticket holders wouldn't even be able to get in. It has a capacity of 9k!

The fans put heavy pressure on on the Club to play at Wembley as it is in London. It is the only viable stadium to use.

A thought did occur to me about the pitch, as it is our "home" then surely we can make the pitch any size we want it to be e.g the same size as WHL! (I'm not debating whether a big pitch is better or worse, that's up to Poch) but that is the point of home advantage, you choose the length of the grass, water the pitch, make it narrower/wider, longer/shorter or both. As a designated home fixture these things should be in our control. Marginal gains.

Over half of the current season ticket holders wouldn't even be able to get in. It has a capacity of 9k!

The fans put heavy pressure on on the Club to play at Wembley as it is in London. It is the only viable stadium to use.

A thought did occur to me about the pitch, as it is our "home" then surely we can make the pitch any size we want it to be e.g the same size as WHL! (I'm not debating whether a big pitch is better or worse, that's up to Poch) but that is the point of home advantage, you choose the length of the grass, water the pitch, make it narrower/wider, longer/shorter or both. As a designated home fixture these things should be in our control. Marginal gains.
Shit 9k! Didn't realise it was that small.
I read somewhere that the pitch in the new stadium will be the same size as Wembley. Which means we'll have to get used it to eventually. All I know is next season is going to be a very testing time for us. The players, management and the fans.

Shit 9k! Didn't realise it was that small.
I read somewhere that the pitch in the new stadium will be the same size as Wembley. Which means we'll have to get used it to eventually. All I know is next season is going to be a very testing time for us. The players, management and the fans.
It will that's for sure.

I've just posted in another thread about pitch size. If it's our designated "home" we can create any pitch size we want to suit us so long as it's within FIFA guidelines. We have chosen not to make the pitch smaller, it's our choice. Poch has expressed the desire for a bigger pitch (as had prior managers before him), just been watching Football Focus and Dier expressed how he likes playing on the surface of Emiriates pitch, he also said "the size suits us". We have excelled on bigger playing surfaces Etihad etc..

The fact is we played a shit game of football and because of that people are looking for excuses, Wembley, Witchcraft, Curse, big pitch blah, blah blah..........We were just shit, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom